TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 129 FirstFirst 12345678131823283338434853103 ... LastLast

Thread: ☣ Coronavirus ☣

Well, for some Bergamo zone towns we're waiting the promotion (.....) to "Red" :/

Time to go STALKER/Metro!

Where's my Geiger Counter and Anomaly Detector?
    I'm waiting this since Chernobyl accident!
    Last edited by lowenz; 3rd Mar 2020 at 14:53.

Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    You can follow the italian situation in real-time here: https://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/20...ora-249954540/

Today update, so you can compare

*infected (positive to test in the past weeks)
    *recovered
    *dead (with coronavirus, can't say if death main cause or not)

+

*hospitalised
    *hospitalised in intensive care units
    *quarantine @home
    *actual infected
    *total number of tests

+40 in intensive care unit in ONE day

And we're talking about very little isolated towns.

Think this in New York. For months. With medical staff infected @50%
    It'a MORE than a nuclear warhead to health care network, if you ask me.
    Last edited by lowenz; 3rd Mar 2020 at 16:00.

If you see no recovered but less in domestic quarantine.....they got hospitalized.
    These 11 persons of course developed symptoms after a "good" starting condition after the test.

This is not good. Really not :/

Some suggestions for USA hospitals from Bergamo main hospital situation:

https://www.bergamonews.it/2020/03/0...-gravi/357477/ (please use some translator if you need it)

Administrator
    Poll removed - this is not the place for a US-centric political poll in a thread about a global concern.

BANNED
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/corona...ZFH12cd53JiFD0
    A man who tested positive for the coronavirus told Fox News on Saturday that people should stop freaking out about the outbreak.

"I'm not the one to advise the experts on this, but I personally believe that it's not the scary thing that everyone thinks it is," Mark Jorgenson told "Your World."

Jorgenson and his wife were evacuated from the Diamond Princess cruise ship in Japan. Authorities quarantined the ship after a man who exited in Hong Kong had tested positive. According to Jorgenson, his wife initially tested positive and stayed in Japan while he didn't get a positive result until he was back in the United States.

Speaking from his hospital bed in California, Jorgenson said he was fine
    (Meme removed)

Moderator and Priest
    Could someone act offended so JK thinks someone is paying attention to him?

BANNED
    I rather they act relieved at the possibility this thing is no where near as bad as it’s being made out to be

Moderator and Priest
    Yeah, but you lick the toilet bowls at Wendy's. Your standards of getting freaked out over viral and/or bacterial infections are considerably higher than most.

BANNED
    Only the women’s toilets. Got to love CA

Moderator and Priest
    Listen, JK. I'm not judging you, but...

...yeah, okay, that's a lie. I'm judging you.

I think we all know we are the most prevalent form of life on earth aside from insects so viruses are tailoring themselves to us. We know the likely eventuality of what that will lead to. We expect it eventually so every time something pops up we think this is the time. Sorry to go all logical but toilet licking was taken.

On a personal note I'm not entirely sure my wife and I didn't already have this one. All the month of January we had some respiratory thing that had us coughing and congested to the point of it being difficult to breathe. We were wheezing in normal breathing and sometimes fits of coughing so bad you got dizzy from lack of air. I don't know. My company does get stuff from China but surely it would have to have a better medium than hard surfaces. On the other hand we all get some form of food from there at times right? It was so bad your chest muscles ached and you had to cough over a trash can because you would not be able to close your mouth for so long you began to drool. God forbid someone said something funny. All laughing ended in coughing and begging for death.

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_B View Post
    Poll removed - this is not the place for a US-centric political poll in a thread about a global concern.
    If I could +1 this, you'd have all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    I think we all know we are the most prevalent form of life on earth aside from insects so viruses are tailoring themselves to us.
    "It is self evident that our host was perfectly designed to support life as we know it!" - KentHovid19.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_B View Post
    Poll removed . . .
    Thank you kindly.

On my personal note, I have relatives in Seattle, California, Puerto Rico and Australia and I want to keep up to date. The virus would definitely kill bloke and probably kill me and the in-laws. And then what would happen to the puppy. Although it's highly unlikely it will come to where we are, we do travel. One place we go to is Reading and there is now one case about 3 miles from where my son lives. One case wouldn't stop us visiting but we need proper information about circumstances to make proper decisions, not squirming Trump videos contradicting what the experts say. Luckily we don't have a Trump here.

Hope you're feeling better now Tocky. There is some information that is suggesting the virus can remain on hard surfaces for up to 9 days but I've no idea whether that applies to packages.

Ugh, I have more than a few old friends that think the reporting on Corona is only media hyperbole to embarass Trump and a nothing burger like Sars or H1N1, like this is just like those past cases, nothing to worry about, but because they happened on Obama's watch and this is happening on Trump's watch, the media pretends it's more serious to score political zing points.

I'm not an epidemiologist, so I can't say exactly how the profile of this illness differs from past cases, I just know that the warnings are coming not from the media but medical professionals. And they're not actually being too hyperbolic, but they are saying this has a chance to disrupt normal life for a period in a way we haven't seen in the past.

And politicizing this is going to make things worse not just for them but their communities. These are the kind of people I would believe would actively not take precautions just to make a point and put more people at risk.

A lady from Seattle describes her experience trying to get tested:

https://twitter.com/into_the_brush/s...85467682979840

My wife's father is a GP, he's in his late 70s and he will never, ever retire, even at gunpoint. His health isn't great and he smokes. We're not particularly worried about ourselves, since we don't belong to any of the groups at risk, but I think my wife is quite worried that her dad is at risk in several ways at once.

They really need to do some research into why some people can smoke heavily and live to 100, and yet others do the same and die before their even 50. Must be some immune resistance or something.

Dumbasses panic buying bog roll over the last week. Like it's going out of fashion. And canned food, rice, dry goods and bottled water.

Same thing happening over here. I walked through my local supermarket today and all of it was gone. And that's going on across the state. Crazy. Why toilet paper though? I don't get it.

If people can't or don't want to go out any more (e.g. if they're put under quarantine), then they'll need food, water and toilet paper. Simple enough.

Italy's announced that it's closing its schools, at least until 13 March.

Big events here in Switzerland are being cancelled, including the big carnivals that were planned for the last week or so. In the city where I live, we always have a Museum Night at the end of March; it's not been announced yet, but I suspect they'll cancel that one as well. Lectures in the big lecture halls are being done by podcast. The Swiss National Science Foundation is putting a few millions into a call for papers that is opening in a few days and will be open until the end of the month. Obviously you've got people everywhere saying that 'they' (whoever they are) are handling things badly, but I have to say that, ignoring the louder, more populist media for a moment, official reactions have been pretty measured, indicating that while this isn't the end of the world, it's better that we take it seriously now and act accordingly, when we can still do something to minimise the impact.

I wonder how the Olympics will fare? My sister just recently returned from a trip to Japan, she was over there to compete in a marathon, which got cancelled of course. She said a lot of the tourist spots and such werent busy at all, a lot of things were closing down.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    Dumbasses panic buying bog roll over the last week. Like it's going out of fashion. And canned food, rice, dry goods and bottled water.

(Meme removed)
    plenty of canned food here in CA anywhere I go, water & TP is a different story. hope things settle down by tomorrow.

I hope this virus IS nothing more than the latest fear mongering crap the news likes to peddle.

Page 3 of 129 FirstFirst 12345678131823283338434853103 ... LastLast