TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 30 of 122 FirstFirst ... 51015202526272829303132333435404550556065707580 ... LastLast

Thread: ☣ Coronavirus ☣

:/

So, USA seems to have risen to top 3 of most cases per country - currently exceeding case count growth of Italy (hopefully just from excessive testing catch-up).
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Currently having 139 known genomes associated with USA out of 880 (vs 371 associated with Europe).

https://nextstrain.org/ncov?f_country=USA&l=radial

Assuming that most mutation occur with the strain that is most prevalent then pretty much all of the infections (the red forest in the phylogeny tree) come from one root strain with no mutations associated with anything besides China where the virus unfortunately happened to emerge [ https://nextstrain.org/ncov?f_countr...label=clade:B1 ]. All the USA mutations are associated with either Washington or Connecticut (perhaps all the New York stuff gets sent to labs that are there?).

Strains from all other sources seem to be very "unpopular" - at lease based on mutation counts.

MAJOR NOTE: be very careful when interpreting the data from the site and also when accepting my interpretation. While the tree is rock solid (duh!) - everything else can obviously be fairly hypothetical (to an extent). Ie. cannot exactly pinpoint the time nor the place of mutations with certainty (unless there is a sufficiently local mutation chain not seen anywhere else [the red forest] -> same place, bounded event time).

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    Because we need more death? Big explody death?
    They loot we shoot.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    They loot we shoot.
    This is gonna end up like The Purge, isn't it?

The purge with designer bullets.

Moderator and Priest
    The worst thing about all this is that JK's putting in all this time with his buckshot, and if he ends up having to shoot someone, they're not gonna appreciate the effort he's spent.

BANNED
    Personally I hope I get to use the 200 I just casted in a combat shotgun course instead of a person. Hope things don’t get bad and this blows over in a couple of weeks

Moderator and Priest
    It's gonna last longer than a couple of weeks, but I doubt it's gonna be mass riots and looting in the streets bad. The economy hasn't collapsed. We'll still have trucks delivering toilet paper and pallets of water. It's just gonna be, you know, really shitty for a bit.

Moderator and Priest
    What I'm gathering from social media, summed and and maybe slightly stereotyped.

"I love and support our troops. If you bend the knee, you disrespect them, and our country. That said, if martial law is declared over this flu BS, I'm gonna shoot as many troops as I can, cuz THAT'S HOW THE STATISTS TAKE OUR FREEDOMS, PEOPLE!"

Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    POWDER Coated my slugs, got 200 of these babies to load for the shotgun
    "Hunting Coronaboar" ?

Still Subjective
    Can you not drink tap water in the USA?

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    What I'm gathering from social media, summed and and maybe slightly stereotyped.

"I love and support our troops. If you bend the knee, you disrespect them, and our country. That said, if martial law is declared over this flu BS, I'm gonna shoot as many troops as I can, cuz THAT'S HOW THE STATISTS TAKE OUR FREEDOMS, PEOPLE!"
    How the perfect chaotic good JK man can shoot with an interstitial pneumonia that floods his lungs? You can't even walk

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    Can you not drink tap water in the USA?
    We can, but we're really whiny about it.

I have always drank, uh, drinken ... drunk ... en? tap water in the US (and Japan).
    It's water, who cares (is I think the typical American reaction to things like that).
    Anyway it has fluoride which apparently has been good for people's teeth.

Still Subjective
    That's not the right attitude dema.

In many countries it's not safe to drink tap water. In Nigeria, for example, we used to boil tap water and then bottle it in the fridge.

Then there's Flint, Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    That's not the right attitude dema.

In many countries it's not safe to drink tap water. In Nigeria, for example, we used to boil tap water and then bottle it in the fridge.
    I was going to say "in developed countries" but then I thought against it as no one would be that obtuse and it wasn't honest (I haven't actually lived in every developed country), but I did specifically clarify "in the US and Japan" and specifically didn't mention the developing countries in which I've lived (Myanmar and Thailand) to make the same point.

But whatevs, daijobs. 'Scool.

So while I wait it out, I completed my proton pack.

I also installed some running lights too.

Are you in the know of the symbolism behind Ghostbusters and the proton pack, right?

And why you must NEVER cross the streams, right? Or everything get fucked up, literally.

Still Subjective
    It was the "who cares" I was talking issue with dema, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    Are you in the know of the symbolism behind Ghostbusters and the proton pack, right?
    As long as you don't mention 1939-1945 and Germany, we'll be good

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    As long as you don't mention 1939-1945 and Germany, we'll be good
    The movie is literally all about the sexual life (the real phantom) initiation of 3 different types of doctorate nerds (they are A-team/McGuyver grade parapsychologists) trying to build their lives "out there"
    In the harsh reality that preys on nerds.

Ah, and of course I LOVE IT. Grown up with the cartoon series, really pushed me to the science and the real psychology

I always preferred the "other" cartoon series, "Ghostbusters".

From memory, I think they had the trademark prior to the films coming out. Hence why the cartoon based on the movies was called "The Real Ghostbusters".

As for Corona stuff - For my state in Australia, in 48 hours be a complete shutdown of all non essential stores, and borders countrywide will be closed off. Was at just under 100 cases this time a week ago. Now up to 290. In comparison, the state with the highest count is New South Sales, where the count is at just over 500.
    Last edited by icemann; 22nd Mar 2020 at 09:46.

Good luck aussies! Love from the new global center of the epidemic......Bergamo (it's ridiculous to say, we always want to be famous for Atalanta soccer team and our cultural heritage, not for this! Totally not! Every day now there's the Army truck procession with the coffins of deads going to other cities crematorium, it's surreal).

If the virus really did start the way that I've been reading (in "wet markets" in China, where endangered animals are killed and then eaten). That is some evil stuff. Makes the virus a karma of sorts.

Not saying for a second, that all the people in Europe and elsewhere deserved it. But those people doing that to the defenseless animals I don't have sympathy for. For everyone else, completely undeserved.

Page 30 of 122 FirstFirst ... 51015202526272829303132333435404550556065707580 ... LastLast