TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 31 of 122 FirstFirst ... 61116212627282930313233343536414651566166717681 ... LastLast

Thread: ☣ Coronavirus ☣

->

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    If the virus really did start the way that I've been reading (in "wet markets" in China, where endangered animals are killed and then eaten). That is some evil stuff. Makes the virus a karma of sorts.

Not saying for a second, that all the people in Europe and elsewhere deserved it. But those people doing that to the defenseless animals I don't have sympathy for. For everyone else, completely undeserved.
    The virus can't live in DEAD animals.
    And of course if you "eat" it you can't get a pneumonia (really really strange).

More likely a bat bite.

LESS deaths, finally ! -100 comparing to yesterday here in Lombardy.

Still Subjective
    The new numbers in the USA are frightening. I said that the USA was in for a bad ride. I reckon there will be more cases in the USA than in China in the next week or so. We've a lot of USA residents on this site. Good luck and avoid getting this if you can.

But those people doing that to the defenseless animals I don't have sympathy for.
    Aren't all animals butchered for meat defenceless? The type of wet market suspected as the origin site is special only because they bung in all sorts of animals together. Slaughtering a pangolin, a bat, a chicken and a snake on the same slab, and storing the amongst one another - that's your problem.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    The virus can't live in DEAD animals.
    And of course if you "eat" it you can't get a pneumonia (really really strange).

More likely a bat bite.
    It could have either began from a bat bite, or from the aerosolized particulates from the freshly killed and processed meats at that open air wet market in Wuhan.

Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    The new numbers in the USA are frightening. I said that the USA was in for a bad ride. I reckon there will be more cases in the USA than in China in the next week or so. We've a lot of USA residents on this site. Good luck and avoid getting this if you can.

Aren't all animals butchered for meat defenceless? The type of wet market suspected as the origin site is special only because they bung in all sorts of animals together. Slaughtering a pangolin, a bat, a chicken and a snake on the same slab, and storing the amongst one another - that's your problem.
    Problem is your gastric acid can destroy every existing coronavirus.
    You can't get this simply "eating". It's nearly impossible.

Moderator and Priest
    I reckon there will be more cases in the USA than in China in the next week or so. We've a lot of USA residents on this site. Good luck and avoid getting this if you can.
    I wouldn't trust any news coming out of China at the moment. They've removed all embedded foreign journalists from circulation, and are now controlling the entire narrative on the issue. This could still be tearing through their country, and we wouldn't know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    I wouldn't trust any news coming out of China at the moment. They've removed all embedded foreign journalists from circulation, and are now controlling the entire narrative on the issue. This could still be tearing through their country, and we wouldn't know about it.
    You're a smart guy but why China would risk to be caught on a subject SO globally pivotal ?

Still Subjective
    Problem is your gastric acid can destroy every existing coronavirus.
    You can't get this simply "eating". It's nearly impossible.
    I didn't say anything about eating.

Moderator and Priest
    You're a smart guy but why China would risk to be caught on a subject SO globally pivotal ?
    Hell, they've already been caught downplaying this once already. They've since started claiming the whole thing started in the US, and we're just trying to shift the blame to them.

There's no reason to assume they'll decide to tell the truth because the stakes are so high. They have face to save.

It's pretty obvious they're following the old Soviet playbook on this one.

Too soon, ten years later?

BANNED

Hahah. I can haz gun niao?

Bacon and butt-wipes. All you need for the apocalypse.

Hell, they've already been caught downplaying this once already. They've since started claiming the whole thing started in the US, and we're just trying to shift the blame to them.

There's no reason to assume they'll decide to tell the truth because the stakes are so high. They have face to save.

It's pretty obvious they're following the old Soviet playbook on this one.
    Is this some kind of joke or have you gone bat-shit?

Moderator and Priest
    Contrary to popular belief, you can get sick of bacon after awhile. Trust me, I once ate bacon every day for a month, and it got old pretty fast.

Though using bacon to spice up other things never get old. Like a bacon cheeseburger? Fuck. Yeah. Dawg.

Anyway, we now have one confirmed case in my little town, and it's expected there are more. This sucks.

The government of China still maintains it's fantastically abusive 1+ year detention brainwashing program in Xinjiang, where 1 million people is the low estimate, is an "internatiinally praised vocational education program". I mean like chained to their beds, torture room abusive. (Actually they're transitioning it to a mass forced labor program where companies do the brainwashing now.) They have a homestay program there where newly hired "agents" are instructed to sleep with the family and they get bonuses if they end up marrying the women that's been labeled a program of mass rape. They did get caught lying about it and they still lie about it. Of course they're going to lie about Covid and put millions of lives at risk to stay in power. Don't underestimate the moral depths they will sink to.

Edit. Practically speaking we need their experience, and they're savvy enough to use this as leverage to improve their geopolitical position in the world. So it's rational or anyway strategic to trust certain things they say or do for certain purposes.
    Last edited by demagogue; 22nd Mar 2020 at 18:20.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    ...they get bonuses if they end up marrying the women that's been labeled a program of mass rape.
    Ah! Or as we in the West know it, Righteous Old Testament Values!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicker View Post
    Ah! Or as we in the West know it, Righteous Old Testament Values!
    THE GOOD OLD DAYS OF LEVIRATE!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levirate_marriage

Oh wait, what's that shadow in the corner, the Shin....BAT?

Aren't all animals butchered for meat defenceless? The type of wet market suspected as the origin site is special only because they bung in all sorts of animals together.
    Correct. But poachers are a special kind of scum. They deserve anything they get.

BANNED
    If the virus really did start the way that I've been reading (in "wet markets" in China, where endangered animals are killed and then eaten). That is some evil stuff. Makes the virus a karma of sorts.

Not saying for a second, that all the people in Europe and elsewhere deserved it. But those people doing that to the defenseless animals I don't have sympathy for. For everyone else, completely undeserved.
    Amen, ton of videos where dogs are skinned alive while being cooked.

Moderator and Priest
    I've watched videos of them doing that to puppies and kittens. It's terrible.

BANNED
    I've watched videos of them doing that to puppies and kittens. It's terrible.
    this is why they released it.

."vengeance will be tellibe" said the chinese woman....... I know I know, I am going to fucking hell.

(Meme removed)

Moderator and Priest
    The greatest thing about the Chinese is that, thanks to them, we're no longer the rudest tourists in the world.

Anyway we're all in this together now. Things like that happen in regions that aren't developed, and it's hard to control even without all the systemic problems working against it.

Right now I'm trying to find some sanguinity, and I recommend it for everyone.

Mr. Duck posted a good NYTimes article on FB about Camus's novel The Plague, a novel which connected with me (like all of his books), this one so much so that I started the map for a kind of first person adventure game of it, where you couldn't escape but you did have the option of helping your neighbors.

The part I'm quoting below, especially the last three sentences, capture the attitude I'd like to take. Nothing good comes from suffering, and it carries with it the threat that if you don't regularly check your humanity, in fighting the monster you start to become the monster. I mean people become overcome with fear and then anger and callousness and they start to dehumanize other people. The only way to really combat that kind of threat is decency, respecting the humanity of others and that we're facing the absurdity of pointless suffering together, and just doing good for each other to lessen it as best we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Alain de Botton - Camus on the Coronavirus
    At the height of the contagion, when 500 people a week are dying, a Catholic priest called Paneloux gives a sermon that explains the plague as God’s punishment for depravity. But Dr. Rieux has watched a child die and knows better: Suffering is randomly distributed, it makes no sense, it is simply absurd, and that is the kindest thing one can say of it.

The doctor works tirelessly to lessen the suffering of those around him. But he is no hero. “This whole thing is not about heroism,” Dr. Rieux says. “It may seem a ridiculous idea, but the only way to fight the plague is with decency.” Another character asks what decency is. “Doing my job,” the doctor replies.

BANNED
    (Meme removed)
    (Meme removed)

Page 31 of 122 FirstFirst ... 61116212627282930313233343536414651566166717681 ... LastLast