TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 35 of 122 FirstFirst ... 5101520253031323334353637383940455055606570758085 ... LastLast

Thread: ☣ Coronavirus ☣

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    I probably could and should be a little more, you know, moderate in my tone.
    Perhaps. Speak softly and carry a big stick really ought to be the CommChat motto for anyone overseeing this shit fiesta.

Vae: still not getting it, even after the world's turned.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    Anyway, re: temperatures and disease, I think a bigger effect on spread would be environmental factors like local precipitation and humidity rather than the temperature as such. Here's an article that's mostly question marks, but makes for interesting reading.
    Humidity might play a bigger role in stymieing its spread than raw temperature. When this first started making its way into the news in December, a lot of people expected India and Singapore to be hit fairly hard by it if it were to go pandemic, since they're both populous countries that see heavy tourist traffic, and sit just beyond China's borders. If I recall correctly, neither have seen it grow beyond 500 cases thus far.

Moderator and Priest
    Perhaps. Speak softly and carry a big stick really ought to be the CommChat motto for anyone overseeing this shit fiesta.

Vae: still not getting it, even after the world's turned.
    I'm slowly coming to believe that I might not have the emotional maturity to handle this new world I've found myself living in post 2016.

The only silver lining to this is neither does anyone else, so I'm in good company.

Chakat sex pillow
    Humidity might play a bigger role in stymieing its spread than raw temperature. When this first started making its way into the news in December, a lot of people expected India and Singapore to be hit fairly hard by it if it were to go pandemic, since they're both populous countries that see heavy tourist traffic, and sit just beyond China's borders. If I recall correctly, neither have seen it grow beyond 500 cases thus far.
    India's not in humid weather yet, though. Monsoon season starts around May/June; right now, with summer starting, high humidity's more of a function of how close to the coast you are - and while it probably helps from a statistical point of view, Mumbai has a decent amount of cases so far. We also have a general lack of common sense adding to the mix, where droves of imbeciles went out onto the streets to pay gratitude to the PM on a curfew day specifically meant for people to stay at home. India's not out of the woods because of its (natural) climate - far from it.

Moderator and Priest
    I always think of India as being tropical, especially along the southern half, which brings to mind humidity. It's like here. Never really dry.

I would clarify that but I'm not about to step in front of an actual Indian to USplain it. That said, I always thought of Georgia as tropical swampland and for some reason I don't have any hesitation telling an actual Georgian about it. XD

Chakat sex pillow
    Heh, feel free to if you'd like. It's a large country, it's not easy to generalise the climate to any degree except 'generally hot, unless it's raining'. But yeah, the detailed version would be there's a large mix of climates ranging from subtropical to arid to freeze-your-balls-off depending on where you are; the southern half can be more humid, generally, but that also depends on a host of factors involving general topography like mountain ranges and water bodies.

So, anyone want to bet when Anthony Fauci is going to be fired? He's visibly uncomfortable during the press briefings when complete bullshit is being told and on some occasions even goes as far as to openly contradict it by telling the truth.

So, once again, Trump fucked up. His irresponsibility in recommending a drug that, at the very best, has some potential to possibly ease the most severe effects of the virus (research pending to be determined) as an absolute cure-all could end up making a bad situation even worse as dipshits panic buy it, leaving those who need it without their medication..

We'll forgive him tomorrow. Tout him as the greatest president ever the day after that.
    This is the mechanism that keeps him "high".
    Typical narcissistical dynamic.

well as of next week I have no job, and very little hope that I will get it back after this is all over.

Well, that sucks. How long are you able to claim unemployment where you're at?

Sorry to hear that PigLick. It's a hard time for many people. We've had scenes over here, lines going down the street to centerlink (aka government payment offices) which haven't been seen since the last great depression. Everythings closing down, vast amounts of people losing their jobs.

I'm thankful to still have a job, where we've switched to online teaching. Who knows what will happen in semester 2, but for now at least I can provide for my wife and I, and keep alive our goal of selling our place and moving to a bigger one later in the year. That said though, this thing is going to go on for 6 months, and already things are fucked world over so who knows what the state of things will be by the end of it.

Main problem we have over here with corona is all the idiots who keep gathering in large groups, thinking their invincible to it. All the while they already have it, and thus spread it about.
    Last edited by icemann; 24th Mar 2020 at 09:30.

I'm slowly coming to believe that I might not have the emotional maturity to handle this new world I've found myself living in post 2016.

The only silver lining to this is neither does anyone else, so I'm in good company.
    When I lurk this forum I appreciate the way you push back against irrationality, even if you sometimes lose your temper.

I am likely out of a job too, working in staffing/recruiting. We are completely dead, no one is hiring right now and I can't see that picking up anytime soon. No pity party necessary, I just wanted to mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic Fox View Post
    even if you sometimes lose your temper.
    Not necessary a bad thing.
    SOMETIMES.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    I am likely out of a job too, working in staffing/recruiting. We are completely dead, no one is hiring right now and I can't see that picking up anytime soon. No pity party necessary, I just wanted to mention it.
    The only places hiring is supermarkets, due to all the panic buying. But then you'd be on the front line, and highly likely to get the virus. So a catch 22.

BANNED
    once again democrats show they care more about illegals than US citizens
    https://www.axios.com/nancy-pelosi-c...b6IDs20KEG4dZA
    Increases the amount of money being offered to individuals to $1,500, and up to $7,500 for a family of five. The same GOP income thresholds in the GOP bill would apply $75,000 for individuals and $150,000 for couples, but the benefit would be available to anyone with an individual taxpayer identification number, retirees and unemployed individuals.

Previously Important
    I probably could and should be a little more, you know, moderate in my tone.

LittleFlower
    India's not in humid weather yet, though. Monsoon season starts around May/June; right now, with summer starting, high humidity's more of a function of how close to the coast you are - and while it probably helps from a statistical point of view, Mumbai has a decent amount of cases so far. We also have a general lack of common sense adding to the mix, where droves of imbeciles went out onto the streets to pay gratitude to the PM on a curfew day specifically meant for people to stay at home. India's not out of the woods because of its (natural) climate - far from it.
    Am I correct to assume you are in India ?
    You probably know it already, but a FYI for the rest of us here: India, with 1.3 billion citizens, is going into full lockdown for 3 weeks. Oh boy.

Chakat sex pillow
    Yup. It's a good move, honestly. Sometimes the only way to combat stupidity is to actively prevent it from getting around, as evidenced by Sunday's curfew. It's not a total lockdown, of course: essential services will be open, but everything else and everybody else need to withdraw to their homes for their own sakes and the sake of people around them.

BANNED
    (Meme removed)

LittleFlower
    Sure, I agree that's a good move. But the logistics must be 10x harder in India than in Europe or the US. I heard the Indian government is going to supply free food to the poor and unemployed. Also a good move. But still, I am afraid that in a (relatively) poor country, the economic consequences of a lockdown are much harsher than in other countries. Good luck.
    Last edited by Gryzemuis; 24th Mar 2020 at 13:25.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    I would clarify that but I'm not about to step in front of an actual Indian to USplain it. That said, I always thought of Georgia as tropical swampland and for some reason I don't have any hesitation telling an actual Georgian about it. XD
    It's subtropical, and it's mostly flat, except when it's not.

Also, Rand is doing his duty as a US citizen. Nothing gets congress motivated more than being personally threatened by something.

Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    once again democrats show they care more about illegals than US citizens
    Yeah because the Rethug half a billion dollar slush fund is really focused on those Americans in need, like the millions thrown off food stamps...

But you know, brown people takin' ur jorbes!

Page 35 of 122 FirstFirst ... 5101520253031323334353637383940455055606570758085 ... LastLast