TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 42 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2712172227323738394041424344454647525762677277828792 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 2723

Thread: ☣ Coronavirus ☣

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Do these kinds of things happen in other countries, or is just us? Missouri man charged with licking items at Walmart to mock coronavirus fears

Though I think classifying it as a terrorist threat is a bit extreme, even considering the circumstances. It's criminal,yeah. Reckless? No doubt. But I think under current law, being labeled a terrorist more or less classifies you as an enemy of the state, which this douchebag very much is not.
    Yes.
    Googletranslate this: https://corrieredelveneto.corriere.i...55bef0a4.shtml

But it's stupid to take a test after so little time since the possible infection moment.
    It must be repeated after 2 weeks.

Do these kinds of things happen in other countries, or is just us? Missouri man charged with licking items at Walmart to mock coronavirus fears

Though I think classifying it as a terrorist threat is a bit extreme, even considering the circumstances. It's criminal,yeah. Reckless? No doubt. But I think under current law, being labeled a terrorist more or less classifies you as an enemy of the state, which this douchebag very much is not.
    We had one guy coughing in people's faces deliberately and spitting at the police officers who came to arrest him, claiming he had corona (he was tested and didn't have it, it was pure provocation). I read today that he got 10 weeks of jail time.

Moderator and Priest
    At least it's good to know that stupid's everywhere.

...or bad. I dunno anymore!

Zombified
    Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    More deaths than in China :/
    nope, it's commies, and all commies have one thing in common - they lie all the time. the real number sits anywhere between 10 and 100 times the official value, most likely.

3.6 röntgen, right?

BANNED
    Liberals " damn murdering cops"
    also liberals " only the cops should have guns"

cops . "we are releasing prisoners AND shutting down gun shops" you are on your fucking own.....

Still Subjective
    fact that under30 people with no diseases are NOT affected by the deadly version of the infection expression.
    This just isn't true though.

More deaths than in China :/
    By tomorrow, Italy will also have more confirmed cases than China.
    And the US will have the most confirmed cases in the world.

China is now closing their borders in hopes of avoiding a second wave, like what happened to Singapore and Taiwan. We'll see if it works.
    Last edited by heywood; 26th Mar 2020 at 16:32.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    nope, it's commies, and all commies have one thing in common - they lie all the time. the real number sits anywhere between 10 and 100 times the official value, most likely.

3.6 röntgen, right?
    When this was first breaking out, and we had reporters on the ground there, it was hard for them to lie. They tried covering things up at first, but it didn't take long for the world to realize what they were doing, and they eventually ended up complying, and releasing proper data. Those first couple of months were pretty well accurate.

They've since expelled all western journalists from the country, and now the only news we're getting comes filtered through the Party. They're saying they have everything totally under control, that new infection cases have been dropping over the last week or two, and they expect to be on the other side of this soon.

...but is that the truth?

We don't know what the hell's going on there right now. They could be telling the truth, or they could be lying through their teeth.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    Liberals " damn murdering cops"
    also liberals " only the cops should have guns"

cops . "we are releasing prisoners AND shutting down gun shops" you are on your fucking own.....
    The Libertarian dream has finally come true!

BANNED
    The Libertarian dream has finally come true!

parents finally home schooling & realizing their POS kid was the problem all along & not the teachers?? yeah I think I saw Karen removing that "my son is student of the year at bla blah blah school" already......

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    Yup. It's relatively more rare, but there are stories about people as young as 16 dropping from this.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    Stuff
    Yeah, you get classified as an essential worker, and now you think you're all cool.

But you know what? You're not. You're a nerd, JK. A NERD!

Still Subjective
    It's not stories, these are the facts. Your risk goes up with age and with co-morbidities, but that doesn't mean you are safe if you are young and fit.

The more people that assume this the more that will get infected.

Also remember that death rate isn't everything. This could have long term consequences even if you recover.

It's true, cancel the immunocompromised and on dialysis ones.
    No one under 30 here in Italy died if not immunocompromised or on dialysis.

It's not stories, these are the facts. Your risk goes up with age and with co-morbidities, but that doesn't mean you are safe if you are young and fit.

The more people that assume this the more that will get infected.

Also remember that death rate isn't everything. This could have long term consequences even if you recover.
    Of course and I've said "DEADLY version" not by chance.

The pneumonia is not even present under 20.
    In *infected* persons.

Moderator and Priest
    This. Even if the odds are in your favor, there's still a chance it could kill you. Treat it accordingly.

They've since expelled all western journalists from the country, and now the only news we're getting comes filtered through the Party.
    Not true. They expelled American journalists, and only from a handful of big news orgs: NYT, WSJ, WaPo, VoA, Time. It was a tit-for-tat move after the US cut the number of Chinese state media reporters with credentials to work in the US. There's still a lot of foreign journalists in China, including Americans. I hear and read reports from Western journalists in China every single day.

Wuhan is a bit of a special case though. We're reliant on citizen reporters to let us know what's going on inside the closed city, and a few of them have been arrested so the rest have to be careful.

Coronavirus

Or you could survive, but with permanent damage to both of your lungs. Lung physicians (is that the correct term?) have reported patients who are cured from Covid but with irreparable lung tissue damage. Don’t know how often this happens, we’ll have to see.

Edit: this was meant as a reply to Renzatic and SubJeff. I hate posting in Tapatalk.

BANNED
    well the main misconception out there is that it's an old mans disease hence the reason the young don't appear to give a crap, on top of that the stay at home calls seem more like "suggestions" from the POS Governors who have their head up their ass , so everyone goes out like normal. basically people are doing the OPPOSITE of what they are told.

Moderator and Priest
    It's offical, yall. By the end of the day, we'll have surpassed Italy and China as the global leader in confirmed active Coronavirus cases.

...and we're still scrambling for a unified, nationwide response. Only 5 states have enacted a mandatory stay-at-home order thus far.

Take these data and weight them with the gender distribution here in Italy (it's not 1:1, over 90 is 1:4 / 1:5 for women here in Italy)

And you'll see that in every age group (90 yo too) there's a 4 times difference between the deaths number of men and women. Or higher.
    Now think about men vs women ACE2 receptors expression in lung tissues.

Ah: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41368-020-0074-x
    Last edited by lowenz; 26th Mar 2020 at 17:17.

Of course and I've said "DEADLY version" not by chance.

The pneumonia is not even present under 20.
    In *infected* persons.
    On Tuesday, we had our first child death in the US. It was in Los Angeles, and the individual's identity wasn't revealed, but he or she was under 18 and had no pre-existing conditions or known risk factors. IIRC, China also reported a teenager and a baby dying from the disease.

This. Even if the odds are in your favor, there's still a chance it could kill you. Treat it accordingly.
    Not a single chance under 20, not a single chance under 30 if not immunocompromised/with a severe clinical condition BEFORE.
    And this is NOT by chance. It's impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    On Tuesday, we had our first child death in the US. It was in Los Angeles, and the individual's identity wasn't revealed, but he or she was under 18 and had no pre-existing conditions or known risk factors. IIRC, China also reported a teenager and a baby dying from the disease.
    *no pre-existing conditions*

KNOWN conditions please.

I discovered only @22 that I have only 1 kidney and I passed my first years in and out of hospitals.
    Literally in and out and no one EVER thought about this.

And you know, SARS2 loves kidney tissue.
    It's not a lung-specific infection.

Moderator and Priest
    Not a single chance under 20, not a single chance under 30 if not immunocompromised/with a severe clinical condition BEFORE.
    And this is NOT by chance. It's impossible.
    A 16 year old girl has died of Coronavirus in Paris.

My Spanish is spotty as hell, but I think it says that it's currently unknown if other underlying conditions helped contribute to her death.

Some people are safer than others, but no one is totally safe from this. Stay the fuck indoors.

Page 42 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2712172227323738394041424344454647525762677277828792 ... LastLast