TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 47 of 122 FirstFirst ... 271217222732374243444546474849505152576267727782879297 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 3026

Thread: ☣ Coronavirus ☣

Moderator and Priest
    This is the reason why we're gonna end up with a lot of people swinging from lampposts. Austin Company Looking To Dock Paychecks For Those Receiving Stimulus Checks.

That's just shitty.

BANNED
    that CO needs to be put on blast and the dip shit that made that decision hanged.

Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    The state of Rhode Island now has the National Guard going door-to-door tracking down refugees from New York.
    I see the dystopia is starting.

Not the only place New York refugees have been harassing, apparently:

https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/we-sho...e-in-hamptons/

Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    Murika needs to have some high profile actors or sports shits die before they take things seriously.
    ICU videos are enough.....people are stupid and naive (to feel empowered, this is the role modeling problem) but NOT SO stupid.
    People in ICU can't breath. Sedated and intubated patients are dead men (not) walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    Not the only place New York refugees have been harassing, apparently:

https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/we-sho...e-in-hamptons/
    Same "shit" (people panicking+police tracking) here in Italy for people run out from Milan to go home in South Italy (and so spread the virus).

So the big question is:

Should China be sued by all affected countries of the Corona Virus, on it being the result of a biological weapon?

I say no country has the balls to even attempt to sue China over it. I do think it's very suspicious that their country is returning back to normal, far quicker than the rest of the world. Now fair enough the virus did start there, so it makes sense in that regard. But it's all very quick. The rest of the world is going to be suffering from this for the next 6 months, and yet their mostly back to usual after only 2.

on it being the result of a biological weapon?
    Weapon? It's already sure that it's a perfectly natural mutation+human adaptation.

No one makes a weapons that simply fails with 80% rate and with 20% death rate *ONLY* in the male population over 70 years.
    Kill those badass 90 years old soldiers!
    Last edited by lowenz; 29th Mar 2020 at 09:42.

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    I do think it's very suspicious that their country is returning back to normal, far quicker than the rest of the world.
    It's a communist (??????) dictatorship, not a "country".

What this pandemic shows me is that an effective bio-weapon doesn't need to be super-deadly.

Apparently, a coronavirus is enough to significantly disrupt and weaken a country. To weaponize it, an adversary would only need to find a way to covertly release it, and then they could deploy it at major public gatherings in multiple population centers simultaneously so it hits everywhere at once. Then wait for the chaos to peak, and launch widespread coordinated cyber attacks. While we're scrambling to deal with both crises at the same time, we'll be too weak and distracted to effectively respond to a surprise military attack.

LittleFlower
    Italy - 92k infected, 10k deaths.
    Spain - 79k infected, 6.5k deaths.
    USA - 125k infected, 1k deaths.

Who do you think will hit 20k deaths first ? I think all three countries have equal chance to be the winner.

And while we're talking doom. New York is getting real bad. But if you want to see something you've never seen before, watch Florida. I expect Florida to be the biggest shitshow on earth over the next 3 months.
    They have all the ingredients to set records:
    lots of elderly (high risk, obviously),
    boomers have a high sense of entitlement ("I'm American, I can do what I want")
    Republican population ("fuck the libtards, it's a hoax, I'll do what I want") (or am I exaggerating. I remember Florida was a swing-state ?)
    Republican Governor and Republican politicians in charge ("money > people, please all act as if everything is fine")

Edit: That being said, my own country (nl) isn't doing very good either. We are nr 66 in population (17.5M). But we are nr 8 in covid-19 deaths (771 deaths).
    Last edited by Gryzemuis; 29th Mar 2020 at 09:45.

What this pandemic shows me is that an effective bio-weapon doesn't need to be super-deadly.

Apparently, a coronavirus is enough to significantly disrupt and weaken a country. To weaponize it, an adversary would only need to find a way to covertly release it, and then they could deploy it at major public gatherings in multiple population centers simultaneously so it hits everywhere at once. Then wait for the chaos to peak, and launch widespread coordinated cyber attacks. While we're scrambling to deal with both crises at the same time, we'll be too weak and distracted to effectively respond to a surprise military attack.
    A weapon that DOESN'T kill 25 years old grunts?
    It's not a weapon, it's a fluke (of nature).

I predict the US will hit 20k deaths by the end of next weekend, one week from now. The death toll in Spain will be up there too. I don't know which will hit 20k first, but I doubt it will be Italy.

Our death toll has been relatively low so far because most of the infected here are still in the early stages of the disease and we haven't run out of hospital resources yet. New York has "only" 834 deaths so far, but that's going to explode like a bomb in 1-2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    A weapon that DOESN'T kill 25 years old grunts?
    It's not a weapon, it's a fluke (of nature).
    A "battlefield" bioweapon that kills soldiers is a stupid idea.
    There are much more effective ways of killing soldiers.
    A bioweapon is a strategic weapon, designed to weaken a nation to the point where it can't effectively counter military action.
    Last edited by heywood; 29th Mar 2020 at 10:18.

A "battlefield" bioweapon that kills soldiers is a stupid idea.
    There are much more effective ways of killing soldiers.
    A bioweapon is a strategic weapon, designed to weaken a nation to the point where it can't effectively counter military action.
    If the soldiers and the chain of command are in place, the military response is ready.

Still Subjective
    The military will still be ready. Even if some of the leaders are taken out by the virus - and the way you describe it heywood, that's not the likely case - defence capability would not be affected. You'd need a different virus that's less discriminating on age.

DAMN, +900 deaths today too
    +1400 recovered!

ICU still increasing.....

Today Italy data......ICU almost stable

Should China be sued by all affected countries of the Corona Virus, on it being the result of a biological weapon?
    Most people do not understand the implications of the Wuhan virus being a biological weapon. If it is discovered that the Wuhan virus is in fact a biological weapon, and was released purposely, that would be an act of war from China, and we will have entered into a World War III scenario.

There are three possibilities:

1) The Wuhan virus is a naturally occurring mutation - In this case, China's mishandling of the viral outbreak would be considered negligence, and many countries of the world will demand reparations for their loss. This will be a massive blow to China...and if they refuse compensation, it would lead to further conflict.

2) The Wuhan virus is a bioweapon that was released accidentally - In this case, China would be guilty of manslaughter...and there would be the possibility of war, which could only be averted by extremely heavy reparations. Even then, China would be stained for decades to come.

3) The Wuhan virus is a bioweapon that was released purposefully - In the case, China would be guilty of homicide...which would instantly place us at war with China.

-> 542 deaths today, +1 since yesterday

More deaths today in Lombardy than in Veneto since the start of this horror!

And his governor got 90.000 kits, 90K...............
    And Lombardy

-> 416 death, -126 since yesterday !

ICU almost stable here too.....

Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    The military will still be ready. Even if some of the leaders are taken out by the virus - and the way you describe it heywood, that's not the likely case - defence capability would not be affected. You'd need a different virus that's less discriminating on age.
    A virus that's less discriminating based on age would be more effective, sure. But even this coronavirus is proving to be pretty good at degrading military readiness. I'm a former military officer and still keep in touch with a fair number of friends in the DoD. From what I've been hearing, most of our domestic bases are operating on minimal staff, there are sick-outs, supplies are getting short, equipment isn't moving. Moreover, the major defense suppliers and contractors are operating at maybe 50% of normal despite being declared essential businesses in all states that have imposed shut down orders.

One thing we have going for us, militarily, is our huge Navy and Marine Corps. They normally operate in inherent isolation, and can deliver a significant military response almost anywhere in the world in relatively short order. But other countries don't have that. And even in our case, once you need more than a rapid response, we're dealing with a degraded force.

Keep in mind that conventional warfare is 80% logistics, 15% air superiority, and 5% everything else. One can quibble with the numbers, but the relative importance of logistics can't be understated. Infantry, airborne, armor, etc. are literally the tip of a long spear that starts back in the continental US with a civilian workforce. If your objective is to degrade an adversary's ability to wage war, you target the base of the spear, not the tip.

Prior to this virus, I was sure that any major military action against one of world's largest powers would be preceded by a cyber attack. Now I think we've exposed our greater vulnerability.

Still Subjective
    In future, with something slightly different, slightly more virulent, sure.

Prior to this virus, I was sure that any major military action against one of world's largest powers would be preceded by a cyber attack. Now I think we've exposed our greater vulnerability.
    And thanks to your Senate botching the response in January-February, the earliest you can deal with it is in November.

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    3) The Wuhan virus is a bioweapon that was released purposefully - In the case, China would be guilty of homicide...which would instantly place us at war with China.
    Yes, to kill chinese population too......are these fever-induced dreams?

The virus has a theme song now (caution -- NSFW lyrics):

Yes, to kill chinese population too......are these fever-induced dreams?
    I am simply presenting three possibilities, and their significance. As of right now, regardless of likelihood, it hasn't been ruled out.

So the big question is:

Experts seem to think its structure points to it being a natural mutation rather than anything engineered.

Whether it got out from a Chinese research lab is another issue.

Page 47 of 122 FirstFirst ... 271217222732374243444546474849505152576267727782879297 ... LastLast