TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 49 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4914192429343944454647484950515253545964697479848994 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 2358

Thread: ☣ Coronavirus ☣

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    Tocky really shouldn't have used someones death in order to make a disparaging political point...and the monkey reflects that level of thinking.
    I didn't. I referred to how it WAS MENTIONED. God you are thick. I didn't even mention it originally. I was sad it came true. I happen to LIKE Joe Diffie. All you did was to show your lack of character and make sure everyone knew you had none. Job well done except you have already shown that over and over and we get it. You can stop anytime.

It has now gotten John Prine which hurts even more. Here is my favorite song about him and with him-

Moderator and Priest
    If we had known the truth from the start, that could've help mitigate things somewhat, but it still won't do enough to outright shift the blame solely to China. The fact is, only a handful of countries began preparing for this the moment it became obvious it was a pandemic in the making in late December, even with China fudging the initial stats and arresting those doctors they deemed inconvenient to the state. Most of the western world waited until mid February before they began taking truly serious steps to stop its spread.

We saw the obvious long before it hit, but we didn't want to accept the obvious until the obvious was too obvious to ignore. By then, it was too late. Here we are.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    I didn't. I referred to how it WAS MENTIONED. God you are thick. I didn't even mention it originally. I was sad it came true. I happen to LIKE Joe Diffie. All you did was to show your lack of character and make sure everyone knew you had none.
    The cool kids call it virtue signaling.

I'm just really fucking sad right now. I don't give a shit about politics and how it gets twisted either way. It seems damned far fetched to me that anyone set this loose on us. Crazy even. But it's here and it's hurting us. It don't give a damn what our politics are. I'm scared. I don't want to lose anyone. Yeah it makes me pissed that the CDC was gutted and that our leader listens to Fox instead of science and his cult is so damn blind they risk their health and that of all of us being dismissive at first. Well nobody is being that way now. I think it's going to hit home in a very real way real soon. I feel sorry for them. I feel sorry for me. I'm hoping to luck out and not lose anyone close to me. Already those I admire and whose work I enjoy are being taken. I'm scared.

All that is left beyond precaution is distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    If we had known the truth from the start, that could've help mitigate things somewhat, but it still won't do enough to outright shift the blame solely to China. The fact is, only a handful of countries began preparing for this the moment it became obvious it was a pandemic in the making in late December, even with China fudging the initial stats and arresting those doctors they deemed inconvenient to the state. Most of the western world waited until mid February before they began taking truly serious steps to stop its spread.
    That's the problem, right there. Because of the fraudulent, cover-up activity (which probably will include more after an investigation), it gives other countries the opportunity to lay claim for reparations...and this assumes the best case scenario, where it just comes from a bat in a "wet market", let alone finding out it came from a lab.

Given the situation, it's safe to say China will be held primarily responsible, in the global public mind, and reparations in some form will be demanded. But it won't be "give us trillions in cash"...more like being used as leverage for renegotiating sweeter trade deals, or maybe even forgiving some of the debt China holds over other countries (including the U.S.)...or some other form of restructuring.

Moderator and Priest
    If we can prove that this came from a biolab somewhere, then yes, we'd have every right to demand reparations. If we have evidence that they released it on purpose specifically to harm the world at large, it'd be justification for a war. Right now, we don't have that. Only the theory that it may be a possibility.

China doing what China does? Yeah, it's despicable, one of the many reasons why we shouldn't have them classified as our most valuable trading partner. But as far as Coronavirus is concerned, all that matters is when WE knew about it, and whether it gave us enough time to prepare for it.

Like I said, we caught wind of it in November, realized the potential severity of it in December. We didn't do much about it until February. We can't say that the fault lies solely with China, because we had nearly three full months to build a defense against it, yet we only engaged in the bare basic response until it was too late.

I think China will be held primarily responsible, not solely responsible.

Again, when I say what I say, I'm coming from a global perspective, and not a U.S.-centric one...151 countries have been affected by the virus. That should tell you something right there. When the vast majority of countries in the world have been afflicted, psychologically speaking, that puts a lot of weight on the country of origin.

On one hand, there will be international law to consider, and the technicalities as they relate to the grievance with China. On the other hand, there will be the global court of public opinion, which will play heavily on determining some form of reparations.

Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    But it's here and it's hurting us. It don't give a damn what our politics are. I'm scared. I don't want to lose anyone.
    I know you're scared, Tocky, and I don't want you to be. It looks like I might have misinterpreted you previous post, and if I did, I apologize.

The last thing we need to be doing right now is cutting each other down and adding more conflict to the world.

While Vae fantasises about not adding more conflict to the world by punishing China, somehow...

Numbers are continuing to rise....

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...20570315018240

“President Trump is a ratings hit. Since reviving the daily White House briefing Mr. Trump and his coronavirus updates have attracted an average audience of 8.5 million on cable news, roughly the viewership of the season finale of ‘The Bachelor.’ Numbers are continuing to rise...

Moderator and Priest
    I love this coronavirus thing. It's been great for my polls!

Oh, and uh, hopes and prayers.

Uh, just yesterday the idiot claimed 100 000 deaths would be a great win.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    While Vae fantasises about not adding more conflict to the world by punishing China, somehow...
    I can understand the appeal, I'm just saying it'll be a hard case to push.

And yeah, the world would be a much better place if Trump just the shut the fuck up, and did his job quietly. Unfortunately for us, the presidency is his vanity project, so...

Oh, don't get me wrong, China is a seedy authoritarian state whose crimes are too many to count. But China is not the one who failed to take the threat seriously. And the draconian lockdown of Wuhan probably won some desperately needed time for the rest of the world.

Now, this is the good news I was hoping to see...

Dr. Vladimir Zelenko has now treated 699 coronavirus patients with 100% success using Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Zinc and Z-Pak

Last Wednesday, we published the success story from Dr. Vladimir Zelenko, a board-certified family practitioner in New York, after he successfully treated 350 coronavirus patients with 100 percent success using a cocktail of drugs: hydroxychloroquine, in combination with azithromycin (Z-Pak), an antibiotic to treat secondary infections, and zinc sulfate. Dr. Zelenko said he saw the symptom of shortness of breath resolved within four to six hours after treatment.

Now, Dr. Zelenko provides updates on the treatment after he successfully treated 699 COVID-19 patients in New York. In an exclusive interview with former New York Mayor, Rudy Giuliani, Dr. Vladmir Zelenko shares the results of his latest study, which showed that out of his 699 patients treated, zero patients died, zero patients intubated, and four hospitalizations.

Dr. Zelenko said the whole treatment costs only $20 over a period of 5 days with 100% success.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...20570315018240

“President Trump is a ratings hit. Since reviving the daily White House briefing Mr. Trump and his coronavirus updates have attracted an average audience of 8.5 million on cable news, roughly the viewership of the season finale of ‘The Bachelor.’ Numbers are continuing to rise...
    I've seen people sometimes ask how is Trump's narcissism any different than Hillary's or any other politicians, and to me what they're really asking is what makes it pathological. This quote is a good example about why he's not just high on some narcissist spectrum, like a lot of alpha types in positions of power, but clearly in pathological territory with it. The amount of self-fixation & cognitive dissociation from reality required to obsess over ratings at a time like this (and this is only 1 of 4 Tweets doing it) is just too off the charts to expect a neurotypical person could do it unironically.

Moderator and Priest
    If the world really wanted to punish China, all the nations of the world would come together, strike a trade deal, and collectively pull their manufacturing contracts from the country.

Unfortunately, we won't do that. The world market is dependent upon the cheap goods and near slave labor China provides. Do you really think our leaders would take such drastic measures to punish an obviously bad actor? Of course not. They could barely muster up the resolve and willpower to shut the economy down for a couple of months to combat a disease running rampant across the globe. They will do no more so long as it risks their bottom line.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    Now, this is the good news I was hoping to see...
    Yeah, I found the same story on this site:

Doctor treated 350 Cov-19 patients with 100% success using the drug the media hates

And here...

STUNNING! NY Doctor Vladimir Zelenko Finds 100% Success Rate in 350 Patients Using Hydroxychloroquine with Z-Paks (VIDEO)

And here...

Doctor of Jewish Town Blesses Trump for Approving Drug that’s Saving his Community

That Rudy Giulliani video in your first link explains it in a little more detail.

Sorry, Vae. Maybe there is something to his claims, but I just can't bring myself to trust a bunch of fly-by-night news sites that look like they're gonna try and sell me some big dick pills while telling me about how some rando doctor out in Orange County has learned the secret to save us all.

If anything we've rewarded China. Somebody wrote an op/ed comparing this US on this crisis with the UK in the Suez Crisis (1956), and it makes sense. The idea is that a former global power can fumble a global issue so fuckuppedly that it basically ensures their future irrelevance in global politics. In both cases, it's just the most visible sign of irrelevance that had been building up over the last decade. On that count, the US had already completely reneged on even pretending to care about global leadership in the Trump era. Now is just when its commitment is bearing fruit. More than anything this is the moment where China takes the initiative and let's everyone know there's a new sheriff in town that plays by a new set of rules.

If a dystopian fictional political character were bragging about their ratings in a pandemic, they'd be doing it off-screen. It wouldn't be considered believable if they did it on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    More than anything this is the moment where China takes the initiative and let's everyone know there's a new sheriff in town that plays by a new set of rules.
    ...And then promptly sent out a bunch of complementary tests that work less than half the time, because this is the "unbelievably pathetic" timeline.

Moderator and Priest
    Yeah, I know. There's a reason why there are various studies ongoing studies into this as we speak. It has shown promise.

Right now though, it's all pretty preliminary. I'm not going to trust the findings of any of these weirdo sites you like to read who are only pushing the story to further the glory of Donald J. Trump now that he's staked his personal claim to it.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    ...And then promptly sent out a bunch of complementary tests that work less than half the time, because this is the "unbelievably pathetic" timeline.
    America is Great Again! You can tell, because we'll never shut up telling everyone about it, lest they make the mistake of assuming we're less than such.

Welcome to modern America. By our words and not our deeds shall we be known.
    Last edited by Renzatic; 30th Mar 2020 at 01:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Yeah, I know. There's a reason why there are various studies ongoing studies into this as we speak. It has shown promise.

Right now though, it's all pretty preliminary.
    Yes, it's still preliminary...but it's nice to see another successful trial.

I'm personally feeling good about it, but we'll probably know for sure in the next couple of weeks.

So, Dr Fauci apparently said on television, directly contradicting the president, that Cuomo (the governor of New York) really needs the 30000 ventilators that he has requested. Is he trying to get fired?

Men, chloroquine CAN'T magically save patients in ICU. Only *targeted*, *very specific* drugs on the inflammation process can HELP (reducing the ventilation time needed)
    If working, chloroquine is working on the early stage of the infection, to avoid the deteriorations of the conditions.

You simply CAN'T avoid ventilation in severe/compromised cases, only - statistically - reduce the time passed in ICU and so put in ICU more patients in the same time interval!
    And I mean 1 week vs 2/3 weeks!

Don't be stupid like hundreds of Trump followers praising something they don't even understand!

In an interstitial pneumonia you got the lungs flooded by water and your own blood (and other byproducts of the infection), there's NO magic removing them from there!
    Last edited by lowenz; 30th Mar 2020 at 02:19.

Page 49 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4914192429343944454647484950515253545964697479848994 ... LastLast