TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 94 FirstFirst 12345678910152025303540455055 ... LastLast

Thread: ☣ Coronavirus ☣

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    don't care about China, oh wait my wish order is going to be late
    I hear Wish gets someone to lick every item they send overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Why toilet paper though? I don't get it.
    Sending it to family back in China I suppose.

Edit:
    And we're officially at three confirmed cases here.

I want my mummy

How to fully protect your child from coronavirus.

Still Subjective
    No Vae, you misunderstand.

S Korea is detecting more cases so their rates are more accurate and reflective of the real mortality.

Iran, for example, only tests severe symptoms and therefore reports a higher mortality.

Toilet paper is selling on Ebay for absolutely INSANE prices at the moment:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Toilet-P...8AAOSwhpleXzc4

$55,100.00 AUD. That is crazy.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Quilton-...8AAOSwOoVeX1-8

$42,700.00

Holy crap.

Even partially used single sheets go for as high as 2500: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Partiall...e/274296297970

Holy crap, indeed. Even if you run out of newspaper over there, can't you just grab a nearby drop bear to wipe your asses or something?

erm I went to the local supermarket today and bought a packet, at its normal price, $4.99. And there were other packets on the shelves too!

PigLick: If your in Australia, then you could make a very nice amount of cash from that. Everywhere has been selling out completely of the stuff within 3 hours of it going on shelves.

I considered selling ours, which we bought only a few days ago. It's already open, and toilet paper is a need to have around so I think I'll hang onto that packet. After seeing how much they were selling for on Ebay, me and the wife went out in the car to a few places to see if we could find any to sell as an experiment, but everywhere we went was completely empty of them. Complete craziness.

I could just go to my local supermarket on opening at 6am and possibly make 50k out of it, but meh nah.

Still Subjective
    Idiocy will never die.

BANNED
    (Meme removed)
    good people, hope all of you are good.

Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post

+30 ICU

+40 ICU despite the +25 exit by death from ICU =+65 in ICU
    And see how much people has been moved to hospitalization (from the home confinement too!)......it's scary: +300 in hospital IN ONE DAY

In ONE REGION.

I call it: acceleration.....
    Last edited by lowenz; 5th Mar 2020 at 13:41.

Still Subjective
    Yes, it's worrying stuff.

But it's good for the environment.

Moderator and Priest
    Wiping out a good 75% of humanity would be great for the environment. It's a measure I fully support, so long as it's only the people I don't like who die.

Same here. So problem solved?

Dark humour aside, a guy I work with daily is in quarantine now. It's a large company and it was bound to happen. But I worry most for my wife who has to commute with the plebs by train every day.
    She on the other hand has already made plans for a glorious quarantine. We could spend a lot more time with the cats! (they're in heat right now) Order everything online! (I'm actually okay with that) And take long relaxing walks! (wait what) Up and down the corridor!

There was a great self report on reddit (German) by a guy whose room mate was infected, recommended reading if you understand.

Well, it's not always the virus that kills but the induced inflammation response, destroying your lungs in a preventive manner

This is why someone gets a cold-like symptoms and someone gets killed.
    Last edited by lowenz; 5th Mar 2020 at 19:01.

BANNED

Moderator and Priest
    It is funny how whenever you hear about a bunch of people doing something stupid, it's always either California, Florida, or Alabama where it's happening.

https://coronavirustechhandbook.com/
    A crowdsourced resource for technologists building things related to the coronavirus outbreak, great for all the latest factual info

Re: those eBay sales of toilet paper mentioned earlier: I would pretty much bet a hundred rolls of TP that either the person offering them or the people betting were pretty much joking. I don't know to what extent such bids are enforceable, but unless the people bidding are both rich and have the IQ of a piece of lint, they're not serious. I doubt anyone's getting rich off of half a dozen rolls of toilet paper at this point in time.

Moderator and Priest
    We live in a day and age where people will do incredibly stupid shit just so they can say they've done some incredibly stupid shit. Some Instagram influencer with a ton of money to burn will probably end up buying some of that TP.

This is making the circuit right now, since a lot of people are asking how is this any different than SARS and West Nile Virus and there's a whole list people use to dismiss this.
    I'm not advocating overreaction, much less panic, but at least putting things into proper context.

The other weird thing happen is how many Americans are dismissing this because they think it's just American politics as usual, but a lot of other countries are also going crazy over this and they could care less about American politics.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	88166302_10156707077225759_6318864011676876800_n.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	2573

That being able to survive 9 days on hard surfaces -- it has been observed to be able to do that, yes, but typically it will not survive that long, so it's probably more similar to flu in that regard.

It's not that reassuring if that's the most misleading item you can find on that sheet. Any others that could be qualified? Or is there still a lot of uncertainty?

The doubling rate varies a lot depending on multiple factors. It can and needs to be influenced by preventive measures (wash your hands).
    And the estimate that 40%-80% of world population will get infected is pure conjecture at this point.

Page 5 of 94 FirstFirst 12345678910152025303540455055 ... LastLast