TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 50 of 117 FirstFirst ... 51015202530354045464748495051525354556065707580859095100 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 2920

Thread: ☣ Coronavirus ☣

Moderator and Priest
    That's supposedly what it does. It lessens the viral load for recent infections, allowing the immune system to more easily overwhelm it before it advances further. It doesn't do much for late stage infections.

Yes, that's correct.

Another concern is production supply...Mylan Ramps Up U.S. Manufacturing of Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate Tablets to Meet Potential COVID-19 Patient Needs

Mylan expects to be in a position to begin supplying product by mid-April, and with the active pharmaceutical ingredient that we currently have available, will be able to ramp up manufacturing to provide 50 million tablets to potentially treat a total of more than 1.5 million patients. The potential use of this medicine for COVID-19 related treatment is pending additional FDA and other regulatory body guidance.

"PCR-positive samples"
    So you got no virus in your nose and your throat. There's no replication *THERE*
    No specific information about lungs and so death (you can't of course die if the virus is active ONLY in your nose and your throat)

"Remission" from Covid-19 is totally another thing (you must drain the lungs), not only the eradication of the SARS-cov-2 infection present @nose and throat level.
    And don't forget the other tissues that SARS-cov-2 loves: the kidney tissues.
    Last edited by lowenz; 30th Mar 2020 at 02:42.

Oh well, this is the guy: Didier Raoult

THE SKULL RING..................

BUY MORE VENTILATORS.

ADDENDUM: Oh well, this is NOT reassuring, he got ALREADY a book to place......

Last edited by lowenz; 30th Mar 2020 at 03:01.

Still Subjective
    I'm not going to comment on specifics, because I just don't have time and the people involved will just argue, but this is a general warning to anyone passing by or interested at all:

The "science" in this thread is of very poor quality. It is nearing Fake News, except it is (mostly) not out of ill will.

Please do not pay attention/get alarmed by anything you read. Please wait for actual scientists to provide recommendations.

This isn't meant to denigrate anyone, and I know you guys are just interested. That's fine. But it's clear that multiple posters are well out of their depth on these issues. By all means talk about it. No one can stop you anyway. I just hope no one really takes notice/acts on any of this chat.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    Oh well, this is the guy: Didier Raoult
    So he's the source of all this, huh? From what I dug up, it seems his clinical trial wasn't exactly well structure, and took data from multiple clinics. His findings weren't vastly divorced from the usual course an infection takes in some people. So based on the quality and control of the trial, you could end up at three conclusions: it did nothing, it did a little bit, or it did a lot.

So it's inconclusive.

...and the first thing he does is publish that he's found a miracle cure, and runs off to Fox news to talk about it (which is where Trump saw it, and tweeted about the next day). Now he's trying to publish a book about it?

Yeah, he's probably trying to strike while the iron's hot here, and make some money off the pandemic panic.

Though his findings do have some merit, so it's good that other groups are looking into it.

Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    I just hope no one really takes notice/acts on any of this chat.
    I won't at least. I have fairly easy access to hydroxychloroquine through my mom, who's taking it for her RA. I have no intentions of self-medicating, since I know it's a fairly dangerous drug, with a number of nasty side effects.

Please wait for actual scientists to provide recommendations.
    And if the "actual scientists" (REAL virologists with REAL Ph.D and a life in medicine) have already a book to sell about Covid-19?
    Maybe "actual scientists" are not so science-devoted at all.
    "Actual scientists" and honest scientists (and good physicians in this particular case) are 2 different things.
    Last edited by lowenz; 30th Mar 2020 at 04:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    So he's the source of all this, huh? From what I dug up, it seems his clinical trial wasn't exactly well structure, and took data from multiple clinics. His findings weren't vastly divorced from the usual course an infection takes in some people. So based on the quality and control of the trial, you could end up at three conclusions: it did nothing, it did a little bit, or it did a lot.
    Didier Raoult has the classic climate-change opposer "scientist" profile.
    And we are talking about the "actual scientist" (it's why I repeat that a life in science is NOT an assurance).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Didier...Climate_change

Just picture how China would react to being sued over all of this. My bets on a very negative aggressive response.

They reacted quite rudely, when travel bans were put in place. Nations that placed them were labelled racist by the Chinese government, and that they were overreacting.

Be kinda ironic if Fallout got it right.

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    And if the "actual scientists" (REAL virologists with REAL Ph.D and a life in medicine) have already a book to sell about Covid-19?
    Maybe "actual scientists" are not so science-devoted at all.
    "Actual scientists" and honest scientists (and good physicians in this particular case) are 2 different things.
    There's this thing in science for theories called peer review, I'm sure you know. It's as good a check as any but one of the inherent problems with it is that it takes a while to review and get consensus and conclude; in the meantime, people will randomly go off and believe or disbelieve every scrap of initial information on the internet, which leads to histrionics and pseudotheories like everything you've posted in this thread, which basically are less than useless.

You're actively being less intelligent than the average person on Facebook, never mind your background in engineering. Your emotions are unhelpful. Your shouting grates on the nerves. Dial it down, manchild.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    There's this thing in science for theories called peer review, I'm sure you know. It's as good a check as any but one of the inherent problems with it is that it takes a while to review and get consensus and conclude; in the meantime, people will randomly go off and believe or disbelieve every scrap of initial information on the internet, which leads to histrionics and pseudotheories like everything you've posted in this thread, which basically are less than useless.

You're actively being less intelligent than the average person on Facebook, never mind your background in engineering. Your emotions are unhelpful. Your shouting grates on the nerves. Dial it down, manchild.
    Are you talking about you? You're spitting, not me.
    Calm down, you're the emotianal manchild.

Chakat sex pillow
    Case in point. Good work.

Case in point. Good work.
    You're taunting, man. Trump supporter? Chlorochine and everybody will be safe?

Of course I'm waiting for the LIST of "histrionics and pseudotheories like everything you've posted in this thread".
    Please, report

There are NO pseudotheories cause there are NO theories at all (on the medical side) about a virus born in November.
    If you can't understand, the all "science-wise" thing is irrelevant NOW that we have an ongoing medical crysis with NO scientific tools already prepped.

It's why the peer review mechanism is worthless NOW. They're NOT "peer-reviewing" the published studies.

Still: https://www.technologyreview.com/s/6...ble-open-data/
    Last edited by lowenz; 30th Mar 2020 at 05:57.

Chakat sex pillow
    I couldn't do a better job of showcasing your stupidity than your own responses, so by all means do go on.

I couldn't do a better job of showcasing your stupidity than your own responses, so by all means do go on.
    Don't be so childish, stop it.
    Chlorochine studies are NOT peer-reviewed and they say nothing about the virus activity outside the throat ('cause that's what the test can show).

Still Subjective
    You know what lowenz - let's stop this bickering, eh?

We're all in this together. You country is in a really bad situation and I understand your emotions may be high. I feel for you guys, really. I love Italy - been to Rome twice, Venice twice, Firenze, Tuscany. I've had occasion to visit Milan, for drug research work, but sadly only the hospital I was dealing with.

Italians are usually super cool. All the Italians I've worked with, in medicine, research, even the IT guy at a previous job - great culture. There's been a recent discussion amongst medics in the UK about how we're all feeling it for our European brothers and sisters (and not just healthcare professions).

Let's compromise? You post the stuff you like to (Vae too) and we won't bicker about it, just give an opinion. Why not ask what people think, instead of coming to the worst/most scary conclusions lol?

Va bene?

Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    Why not ask what people think, instead of coming to the worst/most scary conclusions lol?

Va bene?
    Va bene!

But why "scary" ? :|
    It's scary for old people, over 60/70 years (it's not the TTLG age group, so I'm not fearmongering anybody)
    The "scary" part for me is in infecting them 'cause after the infection you can't know if the symptoms would be light, mild or severe! It's literally a russian roulette, apart from the gender bias (as I said women risk of dying is 4 times lower and above!)
    If the infection is far away from the lungs (or kidneys) of course there's no high risk of dying, but there's the risk of re-infecting other people less lucky!
    Last edited by lowenz; 30th Mar 2020 at 06:21.

Chakat sex pillow

Administrator
    Well, that's brightened my morning up

So you're a professional joker.
    As expected.

Chakat sex pillow
    Oh, I refuse to take any credit at all. *bows*

Mods: I know, also I'm sorry I couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_B View Post
    Well, that's brightened my morning up
    And why? It's a stupid joke *willingly* misunderstanding what I've said, in every reported sentence.
    It's pure and simple taunting at its finest, with the obvious intention to bully "the chosen idiot" (AHAH he's saying it from his own!!!1111 Seeee?!?!?!?!?!? Let him talk!!!! AHAHAHAH MOAR) to bully.

1) Chlorochine acts as an antiviral AND an immunoregulator (it's why it is used for the R.A.). Either the features are potentially good BUT:

The (very personally-biased and NOT peer reviewed, almost like EVERY other study about covid-19/SARS2) study shows a reduction of the virus presence in the throat (where the samples are taken) so:
    *no information about the infection state in the lungs (infection AND inflammation)
    *no information about the origin of the RNA found by the PCR (lungs? the same throat mucosa? etc.)
    *no information about the stability of the result (throat will keep NOT releasing viral material from lungs or from itself?)

Etc. etc. etc. for all the other "brilliant focused debunking".
    Last edited by lowenz; 30th Mar 2020 at 07:29.

Administrator
    You've been asked to tone it down (by Renz), take the hint please and stop escalating your posts. Others have also pointed out issues with that drug and the studies - you're hardly alone in that.

Sulphur did the equivalent of what you have been doing with other people's posts, just in a more creative way. I'm sure it wasn't malicious but best as a one-off...

Chakat sex pillow
    It's definitely a one-off, since it's fairly tedious getting through to certain mindsets (SubjEff - *salute*), and I think this line of discussion has gotten all the attention it deserves.

But this conversation did open my eyes to kinetic text for other pursuits, which is grand.

Page 50 of 117 FirstFirst ... 51015202530354045464748495051525354556065707580859095100 ... LastLast