TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 52 of 109 FirstFirst ... 271217222732374247484950515253545556576267727782879297102 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2723

Thread: ☣ Coronavirus ☣

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    That’s not an accurate representation of what she was saying.
    It's a damn accurate representation of what she was saying -- she wasn't addressing how the US should prepare, she was sending a message that the SF Chinatown is not something to be afraid of. Here's the literal quote:

We want to be vigilant about what might be on the horizon... what is out there in other places. We want to be careful with how we deal with it, but we do want to say to people, come to Chinatown. Here were are, again, careful, safe, and come join us.
    And again, it was in the context of when there were very few cases in the US and before any of the social distancing was happening.

Moderator and Priest
    I'm beginning to discover how time speeds up the older you get.

I remember summer vacation when I was a kid. Those three months seemed to stretch on forever. The space between the last day of one school year, and the beginning of another was an entire life lived, a vast gulf of time you found yourself lost in.

Now? Three months ain't even a thing anymore.

BANNED
    https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/usns-...202447126.html

Clueless New Yorkers Gather To Watch USNS Comfort Arrive, Completely Missing The Point
    Fucking morons.

BANNED
    more fucking morons

Pastor arrested for violating rules amid virus outbreak

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-o...184547522.html
    I foresee lawsuits.

too many people are too stupid to know what is best for them sadly, problem here is that Darwin will take others in the process.

Moderator and Priest
    I just took a driving tour through town. The school, which was previously abandoned, is now packed with people playing tennis, running on the track, and playing football on the field. There are construction projects going on. People hanging out in the parking lots in front of the fast food joints.

...the whole thing made me feel like a damn shut-in is what it did.

About the numbers "all wrong" here in Lombardy: https://www.ecodibergamo.it/stories/...tomImg-1347007

(please google translate)

This epidemic is clearly showing that the social and health care reform in Lombardy was a fool, it failed on all fronts. And certain official numbers have the air of a manipulation to save certain heads . The president of the Order of doctors of Bergamo is not subtle, nor is Paola Pedrini, regional secretary of Fimmg, Italian Federation of general practitioners . " More and more unreliable numbers are spread by the authorities, we would not want the confusion to hide the responsibility of the generals in the Caporetto of Italian public health- points out - . True, patients' requests to family doctors, at least in Lombardy, seem to be decreasing, but we are very worried that this news is misleading public opinion. A wrong message is passing, that the access to the emergency room is decreasing so the agent is afraid to go there or the family doctors send them too late.

Those of us who are working on the front line cannot afford the luxury of chatter: it is clear that people would go to the hospital when they are sick, but the emergency emergency services do not manage to guarantee all admissions because they are still placed there are none: the beds are not free. The reasoning is another: before, swabs were made only to inpatients, for some days they have been done to inpatients and symptomatic health workers, who are almost all positive even if with few symptoms . This has created a positive data not hospitalized on the territory that did not exist before, false numbers because they refer only to health workers and not to the entire population. We wonder if those who manage numbers are just incompetent, if they live in a parallel universe or if they are marching on us .

Surely FB average users.
    Last edited by lowenz; 30th Mar 2020 at 18:44.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    I just took a driving tour through town. The school, which was previously abandoned, is now packed with people playing tennis, running on the track, and playing football on the field. There are construction projects going on. People hanging out in the parking lots in front of the fast food joints.

...the whole thing made me feel like a damn shut-in is what it did.
    like I said, until the dead are people that Murikans can relate too they will no start to give a real shit .

BANNED
    shit is about to get worse
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/amazon-wa...182854337.html

https://www.yahoo.com/news/3-employe...192639315.html

you risk infection just stocking up on groceries.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    like I said, until the dead are people that Murikans can relate too they will no start to give a real shit .
    You're in the middle of a big outbreak area, are you not? We have three confirmed cases in my town, all in the same family. Around here, it doesn't seem like that much of a threat.

A lot of small towns are probably the same way.

BANNED
    yes I am, they had to close the beaches & hiking trails due to the amount of morons still going out.
    until celebrities die no one is going to really give a shit.
    just picked up 30 lbs of beans and I have 25 lbs of rice plus meats etc.
    with grocers coming down I wonder how soon before the markets close altogether to stay safe?

Moderator and Priest
    I've been getting curbside and and house delivery done. I'm stocked up pretty well on everything except meats and hand sanitizer, and if things go according to plan, I should have some steak and chicken arrive via Instacart tomorrow.

Got a fuckton of soup and ravioli too.

BANNED
    cool, now I know what to look for when I break into your home looking for sex & supplies................

Moderator and Priest
    I realized I don't even need a gun for self defense these days. All I have to do is rush someone coughing, and they'll run.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    There is some good news...

El Shagmeister
    I have nothing of value to add to this dumpster fire of a thread, but I would like to react accordingly to this bit:

Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    Trump supporter?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA!

That is all. Carry on, citizens.

Still Subjective
    Someone posted a really good link to a dashboard, better than the John Hopkins one imho.

Does anyone know where it is?

Administrator
    This one?

Quote Originally Posted by lordhern View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been linked in any of the prior 36 pages (I perused a few at random but not exhaustively) - https://coronastats.co/ has a good map overlook with the stats updated frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    ravioli too.
    I hope with a good stuff inside.

This is a new, additional study on 80 patients, from Didier Raoult​ M.D/Ph.D...

Clinical and microbiological effect of a combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin in 80 COVID-19 patients with at least a six-day follow up: an observational study

In conclusion, we confirm the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine associated with azithromycin in the treatment of COVID-19 and its potential effectiveness in the early impairment of
    contagiousness. Given the urgent therapeutic need to manage this disease with effective and safe drugs and given the negligible cost of both hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin, we
    believe that other teams should urgently evaluate this therapeutic strategy both to avoid the spread of the disease and to treat patients before severe irreversible respiratory complications take hold.

Notice that the green line (percentage of patients with a Ct value <34) is going down, and reaches 0 around day 11 or 12...which is a good outcome.

I would like to see a control group, but the results are encouraging, nonetheless.

Still Subjective
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_B View Post
    This one?
    That's the one. Thanks.

Still Subjective
    USA now has double the cases as China, and about as many deaths.

I've been isolated with family for over 2 weeks now. It's been fun actually.

Will probably sign up for Disney+ today. First World distractions and all that. All food being delivered, no need to leave. 60 - 70 mbps internet. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't incredibly lucky and I guess the rest of us on this forum are pretty similar in that respect.

I'm glad to see that Africa is not having a big issue with this.

I'd like to be isolated with family right now, but I work for an "essential" business. Even though there's nothing essential about what I'm working on, I still need to commute into work 3-4 days a week. I'm expecting that to change soon, as there were three positive tests last week from employees at my facility. My wife also works for a questionable "essential" business, but she's able to work from home 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    About the numbers "all wrong" here in Lombardy: https://www.ecodibergamo.it/stories/...tomImg-1347007

(please google translate)

This epidemic is clearly showing that the social and health care reform in Lombardy was a fool, it failed on all fronts. And certain official numbers have the air of a manipulation to save certain heads . The president of the Order of doctors of Bergamo is not subtle, nor is Paola Pedrini, regional secretary of Fimmg, Italian Federation of general practitioners . " More and more unreliable numbers are spread by the authorities, we would not want the confusion to hide the responsibility of the generals in the Caporetto of Italian public health- points out - . True, patients' requests to family doctors, at least in Lombardy, seem to be decreasing, but we are very worried that this news is misleading public opinion. A wrong message is passing, that the access to the emergency room is decreasing so the agent is afraid to go there or the family doctors send them too late.

Those of us who are working on the front line cannot afford the luxury of chatter: it is clear that people would go to the hospital when they are sick, but the emergency emergency services do not manage to guarantee all admissions because they are still placed there are none: the beds are not free. The reasoning is another: before, swabs were made only to inpatients, for some days they have been done to inpatients and symptomatic health workers, who are almost all positive even if with few symptoms . This has created a positive data not hospitalized on the territory that did not exist before, false numbers because they refer only to health workers and not to the entire population. We wonder if those who manage numbers are just incompetent, if they live in a parallel universe or if they are marching on us .

Surely FB average users.
    +Imperial College

https://www.huffingtonpost.it/entry/...ef=it-homepage

6 MILLIONS infected (in Italy) estimated by the London Imperial College (pseudoscience! stupid FB average users!)

And of course the deaths number are much higher (20.000?)

Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    USA now has double the cases as China, and about as many deaths.
    I stopped believing any data coming out of China weeks ago. Any statistical model should just exclude them.

Still Subjective
    Yeah, I get that. It's either quite close to the truth and they're just bored of updating everyone or it's way, way lower than the reality (infections and deaths) and they are trying to "save face" by not admitting it.

If the latter is true...

Page 52 of 109 FirstFirst ... 271217222732374247484950515253545556576267727782879297102 ... LastLast