TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 57 of 109 FirstFirst ... 71217222732374247525354555657585960616267727782879297102107 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 2723

Thread: ☣ Coronavirus ☣

Very good news (comrades :O)

"Only" 249 deaths in Lombardy (249 in the official positives cases) Less ICU (-9)
    And only 7 hospitalized patients (over 12.000!)

Yesterday

->

Today
    Last edited by lowenz; 5th Apr 2020 at 13:11.

Still Subjective
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    More America! Someone just sent me a link to this...

Why are Americans so full of conspiracy idiocy?

Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    They want some "brillant excuses" to attack governement 'cause otherwise you got the "radical anarco-communist" label.
    So they create conspiracy theories. It's a gigantic excuse.
    Last edited by lowenz; 5th Apr 2020 at 14:59.

Moderator and Priest
    Cuz we believe everything we see on the internet.

Some of the things going on out there are just weird.

Another thing to pay attention to is the food situation. There's a lot of people who have no benefits coming in because of the combination of no unemployment coming and the "stimulus" checks being 20 weeks away....means that they're entirely dependent on food banks to survive. Those food banks are rapidly depleting and in many cities they've put out an urgent call for donations that even the village idiot knows aren't coming any time soon.

Once the free food starts to become short there will be people who are forced to steal in order to live and we'll start seeing people turning to crime to survive.

Cuz we believe everything we see on the internet.
    How do you explain the 80's and 90's then?

They want some "brillant excuses" to attack governement 'cause otherwise you got the "radical anarco-communist" label.
    So they create conspiracy theories. It's a gigantic excuse.
    I'm noticing something bizarre. In a lot of forums there's a shitload of new accounts popping up with new registration dates and/or a very small number of posts (usually under 10 total) barging in and ranting about how we need to start shooting at the government and they're ready to die.

Obvious fedposting is obvious, but why? It's weird.
    Last edited by Tony_Tarantula; 5th Apr 2020 at 16:22.

Here's how long the food line is in Pittsburgh:

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    I'm noticing something bizarre. In a lot of forums there's a shitload of new accounts popping up with new registration dates and/or a very small number of posts (usually under 10 total) barging in and ranting about how we need to start shooting at the government and they're ready to die.
    Yeah....feds. "We are watching you, nice pr0n folder"

Sometimes I think that rightwingers are closeted gays of anarchy
    You really can dislike the "government" without the hate-justifying conspiracies, there's no State Hell waiting for you......really!

Last edited by lowenz; 5th Apr 2020 at 16:56.

Not just Americans though, or what's this I read about people in Britain setting phone masts on fire, because they apparently believe that the coronavirus is being deliberately transmitted to people through 5G technology? That's one of the wildest theories that I've heard lately, it just needs reptilians or something thrown into the mix and it'd be perfect.

BANNED
    damn flu has sucked.

Moderator and Priest
    Tell me about it. I've never had a flu I enjoyed.

Moderator and Priest
    How do you explain the 80's and 90's then?
    First cocaine, then MDMA.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomi View Post
    Not just Americans though, or what's this I read about people in Britain setting phone masts on fire, because they apparently believe that the coronavirus is being deliberately transmitted to people through 5G technology? That's one of the wildest theories that I've heard lately, it just needs reptilians or something thrown into the mix and it'd be perfect.
    I've been seeing that rumor floating around a lot on Facebook recently too. Honestly, I've given up on trying to figure out what the fuck is going on.

Moderator and Priest
    Is this true, Icemann?

Dolphins? THESE dolphins?

Moderator and Priest
    Those are some of them, yeah.

Sunshine in England too. This is all too much.

LittleFlower
    Quote Originally Posted by Neb View Post
    Sunshine in England too.
    Bojo ded. Almost.

LittleFlower
    I've never had a flu I enjoyed.
    Well I'm a human flu
    I, I said F-L-U
    I say buzz buzz buzz
    and it's just becuz
    I'm a human flu
    and I don't know who
    I've got 96 tears and 96 eyes

I've got a garbage brain
    it's driving me insane
    and I don't like the ride
    so push that virus aside
    baby I won't care
    cause baby i don't scare
    cause I'm a reborn maggot
    using bio warfare

Oh no, not the experts!

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryzemuis View Post
    Well I'm a human flu
    I, I said F-L-U
    I say buzz buzz buzz
    and it's just becuz
    I'm a human flu
    and I don't know who
    I've got 96 tears and 96 eyes

I've got a garbage brain
    it's driving me insane
    and I don't like the ride
    so push that virus aside
    baby I won't care
    cause baby i don't scare
    cause I'm a reborn maggot
    using bio warfare
    Anyone else think the punk rock scene arrived too early?

LittleFlower
    Anyone else think the punk rock scene arrived too early?
    It would have been nice if Punk had started maybe 5 years later. I just missed it by a bit. I know people who are just a tad older than me who have seen the Sex Pistols live, who've seen Joy Division live, who've seen the Talking Heads in a gig in NL with 200 people in the audience.

I did see The Cramps live. Three times even. Their best times have been between 1977 and 1981. Way before I heard of them. They were in a fight with their record company from 1980 till 1983. They couldn't release any records and they couldn't tour in Europe. I heard their music in 1984 I think (actually Human Fly was the first song I heard). They toured Europe again for the first time in ages in 1986. That's when I saw them twice (in my hometown and in Amsterdam). Lux Interior was already 40 years old. But he was awesome.

The clip I linked is from a gig they did in 1978. They were an unknown band still. They did a free gig in the California State Mental Hospital in Napa. Madness. They played on a small stage. There was no security, except the usual wardens of the institution. The audience were the mental patients in the institution. They got on stage, danced on stage, took the microphone and sung their own lyrics. Here's a larger recording of the concert. If I had to vote for the best rock concert ever, I'd vote for this one.

Some more fodder for conspiracy theorists like Tony who think Bill Gates wants to murder millions of people with vaccines, somehow:

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/b...navirus-2020-4

Bill Gates is plugging money into building factories for seven promising coronavirus vaccine candidates, even though it will mean wasting billions of dollars.

On Thursday’s episode of “The Daily Show,” the Microsoft billionaire told the host Trevor Noah that his philanthropic organisation, the Gates Foundation, could mobilize faster than governments to fight the coronavirus outbreak.

“Because our foundation has such deep expertise in infectious diseases, we’ve thought about the epidemic, we did fund some things to be more prepared, like a vaccine effort,” Gates said. “Our early money can accelerate things.”

Gates said he was picking the top seven vaccine candidates and building manufacturing capacity for them. “Even though we’ll end up picking at most two of them, we’re going to fund factories for all seven, just so that we don’t waste time in serially saying, ‘OK, which vaccine works?’ and then building the factory,” he said.

Gates said that simultaneously testing and building manufacturing capacity is essential to the quick development of a vaccine, which Gates thinks could take about 18 months.

In a Washington Post op-ed article published earlier this week, Gates said some of the top candidates required unique equipment.

“It will be a few billion dollars we’ll waste on manufacturing for the constructs that don’t get picked because something else is better,” Gates said in the clip. “But a few billion in this, the situation we’re in, where there’s trillions of dollars … being lost economically, it is worth it.”

The Gates Foundation “can get that bootstrapped and get it going and save months, because every month counts,” he added.

Gates and his wife, Melinda Gates, have already pledged $US100 million toward fighting the coronavirus pandemic, including an effort to send at-home coronavirus test kits to people in Washington state.

In his Post op-ed article, Gates urged the government to enforce stricter lockdown measures in every state and estimated that the US would need another 10 weeks of nationwide shutdowns to effectively deal with the crisis.

Still Subjective
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi View Post
    Hilarious though.

I mean, how do you even burn a mast?

LittleFlower
    8 Days ago, 29 March, I asked the question:

Quote Originally Posted by Gryzemuis View Post
    Who do you think will hit 20k deaths first ? I think all three countries have equal chance to be the winner.
    29 March:
    Italy - 92k infected, 10k deaths.
    Spain - 79k infected, 6.5k deaths.
    USA - 125k infected, 1k deaths.

2 April:
    Italy - 111k infected, 13155 deaths.
    Spain - 104k infected, 9387 deaths.
    USA - 215k infected, 5068 deaths.

6 April:
    Italy - 129k infected, 15887 deaths.
    Spain - 135k infected, 13005 deaths.
    USA - 338k infected, 9624 deaths.

Increase in deaths in 8 days:
    Italy: 5887 deaths
    Spain: 6505 deaths
    USA: 8624 deaths
    Last edited by Gryzemuis; 7th Apr 2020 at 09:02.

Current death toll here is 9624. This past week was a scary one all over the US and Europe.

And I was wrong in my predictions. I thought the US would be at 20K by now. I've been watching the stats from NYC and hospitalizations seem to have leveled out, and the death rate there is probably close to its peak now. So far, they're handling it better than I thought.

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-data.page

Our case count has been exploding though. People still aren't taking social distancing seriously in most places.

I'm also surprised that Italy is still leading the death count. The daily number of new cases in Italy remains stubbornly high.

Obvious fedposting is obvious, but why? It's weird.
    Why would you jump to assuming that it's feds, and not already-crazy people who are suddenly furloughed and having to wait in bread lines? Forums are a great source of PAI for tracking sentiment but a terrible platform for action; feds have better things to do than shitpost on Internet forums.

Page 57 of 109 FirstFirst ... 71217222732374247525354555657585960616267727782879297102107 ... LastLast