TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 122 FirstFirst ... 234567891011162126313641465156106 ... LastLast

Thread: ☣ Coronavirus ☣

It comes back again after you've recovered? Dayam.

Still Subjective
    Good luck everyone.

Really.

The medical community in the UK is really very concerned about this and my WHO source paints a bleak picture. It's not Contagion but some of the planned measures, in Europe at least, are unprecedented...

If the daily news isn't enough for you, there's a live feed of updates and stats here: https://nothingburger.today/

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    It's not that reassuring if that's the most misleading item you can find on that sheet. Any others that could be qualified? Or is there still a lot of uncertainty?
    A lot of the things are just wild estimates / best guesses, because there's not a lot of data yet. I would not put a lot of trust in crowdsourced and often unconfirmed information based on news articles and secondary sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Wiping out a good 75% of humanity would be great for the environment. It's a measure I fully support, so long as it's only the people I don't like who die.
    Unfortunately it's not the populations who are causing the damage who are most vulnerable. For that you'd need a virus which was transmitted by meat and dairy products as well as through new cars and cell phones.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

whats going on with Italy, they must have the worst containment plans, or else people just arent listening to them

No, we're testing A LOT of people (my father got tested today, hope to see results within 3 days)

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    It comes back again after you've recovered? Dayam.
    It CAN. We're not sure.

well the death toll in Italy went from 41 to 140 odd in just 24 hours, thats actually some pretty alarming stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by PigLick View Post
    well the death toll in Italy went from 41 to 140 odd in just 24 hours, thats actually some pretty alarming stuff.
    There's a lot of elder people in Bergamo's valleys.
    It's why that number is so high.

You can see the screenshots I've posted......the next is within 4 hours.
    Or check by yourself: https://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/20...ora-249954540/ (the map will be updated @19.00/19.30 central europe time)

So, the husband of patient 2 went to a busy music event before becoming patient 4. Guess who worked that music event... FML.

Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    No, we're testing A LOT of people (my father got tested today, hope to see results within 3 days)
    That's a good thing. Here in the US, I'm afraid we acted too late.

We've only just started testing, and only just started recommending that people limit travel. We really don't know how many infected people are lurking out there with no major symptoms, unaware they are spreading the virus. But I suspect it's a lot. Cases are starting to pop up all over the US now, and we're probably seeing just the tip of the iceberg.

So far, we've been approaching the problem as if there's a small number of carriers that can be traced and isolated to contain the spread. But suppose the virus has already escaped those protocols and is out there in the wild infecting an undetermined number of people. The number of cases could quickly become too large to manage by isolating individuals, and then we'll have to take more serious measures which will affect everyone. Just closing schools before the school year ends would be a major disruption and economic impact. And this could kill the summer tourist season. Not to mention people.

The problem is: the positive is positive but the negative can be positive if tested too much early in the infection progression......my father got a pneumonia for other reasons (seen in X-Ray imaging) and so he got a "free" pass for covid-19 test. Last contact with non-family persons was 2 days ago.

Now we're waiting for that call......

BANNED
    costco got smart, they limited the sale of water to two cases per customer . I STILL had to shoot my way out.
    (Meme removed)

there are toilet paper options
    (Meme removed)

WHO is advising countries on actions they can take for each of the “three Cs” scenarios – first case, first cluster, and first evidence of community transmission.

The basic actions in each scenario are the same, but the emphasis changes depending on which transmission scenario a country is in.

Our message to all countries is: this is not a one-way street. We can push this virus back.

Your actions now will determine the course of the outbreak in your country.

This must be a top priority for every country.

We are concerned that in some countries, the level of political will does not match the level of the threat we face

Australia already has all 3 of these scenarios, but the government seems to be taking it very seriously which is good. Of course its also up to individuals themselves to exercise caution and social isolation if they even suspect they may have been infected. As I have an auto-immune condition, the seemingly inflammatory nature of the virus is of particular concern to me as it would likely mean hospitalisation.
    Last edited by PigLick; 6th Mar 2020 at 11:32.

BANNED
    (Meme removed)

they are harder to find
    https://time.com/5792362/cleaning-products-coronavirus/
    lysol & other disinfecting wipes are gone in many places.

LittleFlower
    Two days ago, we had 23 cases in NL. Yesterday 38. This afternoon we reached 150. It seems this increase is happening in other European countries too. One problem we have here is that today we got a lot of new infections that can not be traced back to older infections, or people having been in risc-areas (like Northern Italy or China). It seems they lost track of the virus's path of infections.

I'm going to do some shopping now. Wish me luck. If I don't post here anymore, you know what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post

+40 ICU despite the +25 exit by death from ICU =+65 in ICU
    And see how much people has been moved to hospitalization (from the home confinement too!)......it's scary: +300 in hospital IN ONE DAY

In ONE REGION.

I call it: acceleration.....
    Today

+450 hospitalized today.....it seems everybody get worse from home confinement cases.

+65 new ICUs + 37 new entries after death =+102 in ICU.....

No new tests.....

Only in ONE region as I said.
    Last edited by lowenz; 6th Mar 2020 at 13:37.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    there are toilet paper options
    I regularly have wet, sloppy poops, so I wouldn't be able to use the leaves. If I ran out of toilet paper, I wouldn't have any other option but to hop in the shower with a beach towel.

This may have been asked and answered so apologies if it has been and I missed it. I'm wondering whether the coronavirus tests are covered by US medical insurance, do you have to pay or are they free? And jk has been banging on about 'flu. What about those vaccinations, are they covered or do you have to pay, are they free or does it depend on what cover you have?

I remember the good old days when loo roll was hard paper. I think leaves would have been more useful.

Flu shots are covered by health insurance in the U.S.. I think they might even be required to cover them.

To date, coronavirus tests seem to not be covered, but I think that's an evolving situation? I'm not sure.

Moderator and Priest
    It's a situation currently evolving at the state level. From what I've read, only Washington state has mandated that coronavirus tests and medications be covered at the expense of the insurance companies.

BANNED
    I can't find the link but CA was looking into forcing the insurance CO's to cover the testing for it.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/21/only...lab-group.html
    Only three US states can test for coronavirus, says public lab group
    since symptoms are flu like seems it's flying under the radar for many who dismiss it as just the flu.

found link
    https://news.yahoo.com/california-di...012901489.html
    California directs some health insurers to waive co-pays, deductibles for coronavirus tests

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    It's a situation currently evolving at the state level. From what I've read, only Washington state has mandated that coronavirus tests and medications be covered at the expense of the insurance companies.
    This is due to the fact that both Washington and California have issued a State of Emergency, in regards to COVID-19.

Page 6 of 122 FirstFirst ... 234567891011162126313641465156106 ... LastLast