TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 60 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1015202530354045505556575859606162636465707580859095100105110 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 3027

Thread: ☣ Coronavirus ☣

  1. #1476
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2006
    Location: Berghem Haven
    Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    I don't know much about this site, but I thought this article might be of interest to some:

    CDC Tells Hospitals To List COVID as Cause of Death Even if You're Just Assuming or It Only Contributed

    I would think this is a concern, since COVID symptoms are often similar to the flu.
    And sadly it's NOT wrong.

    Covid-19 *respiratory* symptoms are flu-like (but not really, the harsh totally dry cough is typical of something else, cause your body use a "natural" mechanism in a wrong context and it's why you toss out nothing - virus copies apart).
    But there's more than the lungs involvement as I try to say.

  2. #1477
    To the comment about how I’m making you all look nuts.

    Trumps approval is hovering around 45% and I disapprove. That means I’m left of 45% of the American public and you guys incidentally regard me as being so crazy far right that I have been repeatedly called a Nazi here (despite other members holding significantly more extreme pro-Palestinian views).


    You all worried about that are so massively bubbled that you have absolutely no idea that you all (the pearl clutching ones, not everyone) are very far left.

    You’re looking at a guy who is in the left half of the population( and whose favorite journalist is an openly gay socialist) and thinking he’s an extreme right winger. That’s how far gone some of you are.

  3. #1478
    Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    I don't know much about this site, but I thought this article might be of interest to some:

    CDC Tells Hospitals To List COVID as Cause of Death Even if You're Just Assuming or It Only Contributed

    I would think this is a concern, since COVID symptoms are often similar to the flu.
    Apologies for double post but I’m on mobile.

    I have heard of that. I checked the original document and it does indeed say that although anecdotal reports are all over the map. I don’t trust the “fact checkers” because they’ve claimed as false things that are literally right there in the original document.

    I don’t think it matters much because nobody trusts the official numbers much anyway because the numbers are impacted by testing availability even before any numbers potentially get fudged.


    I also don’t read much into the “empty ER” videos because hospital admins are well aware of how that would look as well as the transmission risk and I would expect them to try hard to make sure waiting rooms stay clear.

  4. #1479
    Chakat sex pillow
    Registered: Sep 2006
    Location: not here
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    To the comment about how I’m making you all look nuts.

    Trumps approval is hovering around 45% and I disapprove. That means I’m left of 45% of the American public and you guys incidentally regard me as being so crazy far right that I have been repeatedly called a Nazi here (despite other members holding significantly more extreme pro-Palestinian views).


    You all worried about that are so massively bubbled that you have absolutely no idea that you all (the pearl clutching ones, not everyone) are very far left.

    You’re looking at a guy who is in the left half of the population( and whose favorite journalist is an openly gay socialist) and thinking he’s an extreme right winger. That’s how far gone some of you are.
    That's quite the strawman you're arguing. You know why? Because actually, no one gives a hot shit what you think. Be left, right, middle, up and down or round and round, you're still irrelevant to anyone sane.

  5. #1480
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    To the comment about how I’m making you all look nuts.
    No, you're driving us all nuts with your harebrained idiot schemes, and your volatile mix of unearned arrogance and easily butthurtness is really fucking annoying to deal with. You're about a half step above the idiots who are running around the UK burning cell towers because they think 5G is killing people, and you contribute nothing to this thread. I deeply, deeply suggest you consider taking a step back, and quit posting the crap that you do, Tony. You're shitting on the conversation, and ruining it for the saner members here.

    Lowenz, I know all you want to do is contribute to this thread. Like the rest of us, you're bored, stuck at home. You have the added detriment of living right in the midst of a crisis zone. Trying to figure this shit out is a good way to cope with all this. I can commiserate. But you're not being very constructive here, and you're taking things far too personally when your theories get questioned. Calm down. Take a step back. Breath. Come back once your calmer head has prevailed.

  6. #1481
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2006
    Location: Berghem Haven
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Lowenz, I know all you want to do is contribute to this thread. Like the rest of us, you're bored, stuck at home. You have the added detriment of living right in the midst of a crisis zone. Trying to figure this shit out is a good way to cope with all this. I can commiserate. But you're not being very constructive here, and you're taking things far too personally when your theories get questioned. Calm down. Take a step back. Breath. Come back once your calmer head has prevailed.
    ?

    I'm perfectly calm and they're not "my" theories.
    Here in Italy what you can read in the NYTimes page I've linked is of public domain for 1 month.

  7. #1482
    Well this is interesting: identical twins appeared to have died two years apart in two different countries with two different names! Poor old Connor and Ismail

    https://www.msn.com/en-za/news/other...19/ar-BB121ezi




    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art....html#comments


  8. #1483
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    See, this is the shit I'm talking about right here. The kid died. You can google up his name, and see multiple stories about it.

    Only one site I've found thus far shows that picture. The one you linked to.

    So some random site on the internet that isn't even a big name in the media used this picture from an older story concerning another tragedy, either by accident, or to bolster its clickbait status by providing a face with the name, and you subtly suggest the implications of a conspiracy by oh so so subtly providing these two stories side by side to allow us to "figure it out for ourselves."

    It doesn't occur to you to maybe consider it's just that one site. You don't bother to do any deeper digging. You probably read about this on some rando conspiracy site, saw it provided an excellent chance to EXPOSE THE LIE to us poor sheepy plebes here, and you ran with it.

    So you can kind of see why people find you so annoying around here, Tony. You might be willing to go from zero to DEEP STATE MEDIA LIES at the drop of a hat, but others prefer looking a little beyond the superficial evidence before making that determination. It took me 3 minutes of googling to see it was the ONLY site running the story of this kid's death that posted that picture. A single isolated rando news blog delving into the archives to pull a shot of some precocious kid from a previous tragic story does not a conspiracy make.

    Now here comes the part where you talk down to us. Maybe I'm a narcissist? Do I suffer from confirmation bias? WHO KNOWS!

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...or-coronavirus
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9439526.html
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...ictim-21789319
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-h...lights-latest/
    https://policehour.co.uk/2020/04/cor...13-died-alone/

  9. #1484
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    What the actual fuck are you doing, Wisconsin?

    https://www.vox.com/2020/4/7/2121200...-primary-court

    In the middle of a coronavirus pandemic, Wisconsin is voting on Tuesday.

    Gov. Tony Evers (D) has repeatedly tried to delay the state’s elections, citing fears that in-person voting could bolster the spread of coronavirus. But Wisconsin Republicans and the state’s Supreme Court, which is controlled by conservatives, rebuffed Evers. Republicans also fought off Evers’s efforts to mail ballots to every voter and allow ballots to be counted beyond the original April 7 election date.
    [...]

  10. #1485
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    It's simply a way to inconvenience a voter base unfriendly to them for simple petty shits and giggles. They'll say it's to prevent voter fraud, I'm sure.

  11. #1486
    Member
    Registered: May 2003
    Location: Minecraft
    Can we just, as a forum, agree to ignore Tony? He's long since annihilated the last shreds of credibility he's had. At this point we're either feeding a troll or encouraging attention seeking behaviour.

  12. #1487
    Still Subjective
    Registered: Dec 1999
    Location: Idiocy will never die
    I've had him on ignore for ages anyway. I only looked because I though it lowenz related, and it was. Now they are both on ignore. I just wish the forum had a way to hide the ignored posts altogether, or at least minimise the size.

    Both of you - I don't see your posts. Don't bother posting in response. Save the time for something useful, like brushing your teeth, telling you mother you love her or staring out the window.

    PS. Best of luck in Italy lowenz. I hope it gets better for you guys. Stay safe!

  13. #1488
    Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    What the actual fuck are you doing, Wisconsin?
    Even though I live here, I can't explain why they're doing this. I am debating whether I'm going to go vote tonight or not though. This is probably not how it's supposed to work.

  14. #1489
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2006
    Location: Berghem Haven
    Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    Both of you - I don't see your posts. Don't bother posting in response. Save the time for something useful, like brushing your teeth, telling you mother you love her or staring out the window.!
    "I don't want to talk to you but I do and all the forum must know!!11111 And now GTFO!!1111" is a childish behaviour :/
    It's very childish from a physician and a scientist (?) / researcher, kinda sad.

    These are the serious problems -> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7102614/

    From the point of view of rheumatologists, except for respiratory failure, the critical ill COVID-19 patients have common features: 1) sudden deterioration of disease around one to two weeks after onset; 2) much lower level of lymphocytes, especially natural killer (NK) cells in peripheral blood; 3) extremely high inflammatory parameters, including C reactive protein (CRP) and pro-inflammatory cytokines (IL-6, TNFα, IL-8, et al); 4) destroyed immune system revealed by atrophy of spleen and lymph nodes, along with reduced lymphocytes in lymphoid organs; 5) the majority of infiltrated immune cells in lung lesion are monocytes and macrophages, but minimal lymphocytes infiltration; 6) mimicry of vasculitis, hypercoagulability and multiple organs damage.

    How can this be "my agenda" or "my theories" ?
    Why this debunking syndrome "Please silence, I'm the expert" (subjeff) or in alternative "Shut up you fuck, I'm the psydebunker and I know what's in you mind so shut up you fuck" (the other guy)?
    LOL, it's just ridiculous.

    I'm just reporting what everybody can read on pubmed and similar sites.
    Last edited by lowenz; 7th Apr 2020 at 17:45.

  15. #1490
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Lowenz. Chill. The fuck. Down.

  16. #1491
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Even though I live here, I can't explain why they're doing this. I am debating whether I'm going to go vote tonight or not though. This is probably not how it's supposed to work.
    Staying safe and keeping others safe would be the responsible thing to do, and that's probably what the fuckers are calculating on:

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-election-2020

    [...]
    Milwaukee, which usually has 180 poll sites, will now have just five. Long lines formed on Tuesday at polling locations after polls opened, prompting fears that the election could represent a serious public health risk in the face of the virus.

    The lack of polling locations in Milwaukee was particularly notable because nearly 70% of African Americans in Wisconsin live in the city. Madison, which has less than half of Milwaukee’s population, had 66 polling locations open.

    The Wisconsin elections commission has declined to project turnout, but it is expected to be low. Democrats say Republicans are banking on low turnout to help Daniel Kelly, a conservative justice on the state supreme court, hold on to his seat. Wisconsin election officials will not publicly release the results of the election until 13 April, following instructions from a federal court order.

    On Monday, after weeks of rebuffing efforts to delay the election, Evers issued an executive order seeking to delay in-person voting until 9 June.

    Republicans, who have resisted calls to mail a ballot to every voter and ease restrictions on mail-in voting, challenged the order in the state supreme court, where conservatives hold a majority. The court overruled Evers and ordered the election to move forward. Kelly recused himself from the decision.

    Robin Vos, the Republican speaker of the Wisconsin assembly, served as a poll worker on Tuesday and told people it was “incredibly safe to go out”. Vos made the comments dressed head-to-toe in protective gear, undermining his message.
    [...]

  17. #1492
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    A doctor on Fox News criticizes people (such as Fox News hosts) irresponsibly promoting an unproven drug:


  18. #1493
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Russia still busy containing the whole thing:

    https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/ne...id19-response/

    [...]
    Anastasia Vasilyeva, her colleagues from the Alliance of Doctors union, and accompanying journalists were detained at the entrance to Okulovka, a village in Novgorod region (western Russia) on 2 April. The volunteers had brought masks and other protective equipment for medics at the local hospital.

    They were charged with “non-compliance with the rules of conduct to prevent and liquidate an emergency situation” and later released. However, Anastasia Vasilyeva was not allowed to leave the police station and was violently dragged back inside. She was reportedly choked and hit in the abdomen and passed out as a result. A lawyer was denied access to her for about six hours. Anastasia Vasilyeva spent the night in police detention and is about to face trial on charges of “disobeying a police officer”.
    [...]
    Though the last part probably comes more from her being associated with Navalny, an opposition politician who just happens to be the constant target of police raids, arrests before elections, random attacks, and poisonings.

  19. #1494
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2003
    Location: Jafaville New Zealand
    So for the past 3 days our number of confirmed infected has slowly dropped. I've also spent time working helping to assemble packages for the local food bank operation in my city.

    And we're just on day 14 of a minimum 28 day lockdown. I still think dropping level 4 lockdown to a level 3 after 28 days is a little premature especially as complaints about our airport security and the handling sucks.

  20. #1495
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2006
    Location: Berghem Haven
    About "my theories", these are the actual words - this morning - of a phycisian working in an hospital with Covid-19 patients AND deads



    It's italian but you can obviously read "autoimmune vasculitis"
    So much for "harmful misinformation", right?

  21. #1496
    Chakat sex pillow
    Registered: Sep 2006
    Location: not here
    Renz: He clearly doesn't get it because his ego's in the way. I'm following SubjEff's example.

    Deal with this how you please; I'm out.

  22. #1497
    Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    What the actual fuck are you doing, Wisconsin?
    Yeah, it was a mess. There were only 5 places open to vote in the city of Milwaukee yesterday. There are usually <strike>32</strike> 130. This picture pretty much says it all.

    Last edited by Brethren; 8th Apr 2020 at 16:08. Reason: Corrected number of voting stations. 130, not 32!

  23. #1498
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2005
    Location: Not Kansas
    Tell me about it, Brethren!! Down here in Racine there were only a few polling places open though the reason for that was being given out that our state was suffering from a severe shortage of poll workers; many of those volunteers opted to stay home, as directed by Gov. Evers' 'Safer at Home' order. And you can't say Gov. Evers didn't fight the GOP-dominated Wisc. legislature, demanding that the primaries be rescheduled for June or later. Seems the Republicans in our state's legislature thought it would be a great idea to insist the elections be held in spite of the fact that our country is still being ravaged by the COVID-19 virus. And they also thought extending the deadline for receiving mail-in ballots from April 7, the date of the election, to April 13 was a piss-poor idea (thanks ever so, Brett Kavanaugh, you total POS wanker) and instead deemed only ballots postmarked or received by April 7 should be counted, according to the court filing. Btw, to date there are still thousands of voters who registered for absentee voting who have not even received their absentee ballots in the mail. What a cluster fuck. *smh*

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ays-elections/

    And another thing: I've been registered to vote in this state since 2014, voted in the 2016 presidential election and the 2018 mid-term election, yet I discovered the night before the primaries (4/7) that my name had been mysteriously dropped from Wisconsin's voter registration rolls. I mean, WTAF??!! I had to double-check the criteria that was used in dropping over 240,000 voters' names from the state's registry rolls and am still at a loss; I am not dead, I am not registered to vote in any other state, and though I moved just three doors down from my previous address (in 2018), I never received the prerequisite letter advising me that I have to re-register, nor have I falsified any information on my voter registration, nor has it been more than five years since I voted in any state elections. So again, WTAF?? I'd just voted less than two years ago! So why was my name dropped from the voter registry rolls, ffs?

    Gee, could it be because I usually vote a straight Democratic ticket?? No, the Republicans wouldn't sink so low, would they?! I mean, it's not like the Republican majority in our Wisconsin legislature wouldn't even respond to Gov. Evers' appeal (during their last meeting) to reschedule the primaries for sometime in June but instead literally ignored him, walked out of the meeting and immediately kicked the issue up to the Supreme Court, right (yep, good ole Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh, who is assigned to the 7th Circuit strikes again), right? All in the middle of a viral epidemic wherein thousands and thousands of people are dying and the rest of us have been ordered by our Governor to stay (TF) home. No, I can't believe the Republicans in our state government would ever be so underhanded. And we all know that Brett Kavanaugh is 'a good man'; hell he said so himself. (Yeah, and Donald Trump is a very stable genius, too, just ask him.)

    I'd like to say 'rant over', but I'm still fuming and will probably be seriously angry about this for some time to come. I'm currently contacting every single (pertinent) department in our state government to file formal complaints about a.) my name being dropped from the state's voter registry rolls for no explicable reason and the fact that I never received any notification of this action whatsoever, and b.) the fact that the citizens of our state should never have been called upon to leave their homes and go to public polling places to vote during a national (hell, global) viral epidemic.

    I swear, I think my head has exploded about 10 times in the past 48 hours.

  24. #1499
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    About "my theories", these are the actual words - this morning - of a phycisian working in an hospital with Covid-19 patients AND deads
    No one's doubting what you're saying here. We know the myriad ways this thing can kill you. Thing is, you're being too loud about it, too pushy, and with too heavy a helping of the histrionics. You don't need to remind us of what it could do with every post you make. It's starting to annoy people.

    This will be my last warning to you on this. Simmer down a bit, or you'll get a 3 day break.

  25. #1500
    LittleFlower
    Registered: Jul 2001
    Location: Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    So why was my name dropped from the voter registry rolls, ffs?
    According to Facebook-data you are likely to not vote Republican. So the Republicans decided it was better to remove you from the voter registry rolls.

Page 60 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1015202530354045505556575859606162636465707580859095100105110 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •