TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 67 of 109 FirstFirst ... 17222732374247525762636465666768697071727782879297102107 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 2723

Thread: ☣ Coronavirus ☣

  1. #1651
    BANNED
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by catbarf View Post
    The fact that he can't actually literally prescribe it to anyone does not make it wrong to call him out for spreading misinformation and bullshit. That's fucking stupid.
    speaking of misinformation and bullshit, how do any of YOU KNOW it does not work? when have YOU tried it? how many DR's are out there refuting that it works? that is how bad your level of TDS is.

  2. #1652
    BANNED
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    He was up on live TV, calling a gamechanger, saying that there were no downsides to taking it, and that everyone should try it. He hyped up a dangerous drug without any real knowledge of its efficacy, and has continued to do so even after the medical community recommended against it.

    He's a fucking conman plying his trade. Now we have all these idiots coming out saying it's a miracle cure! Oh my god! I had coronavirus, and now I don't! The liberals would rather you die than admit Trump was right! That's how much the leftists mainstream media hates you!

    There's no evidence from any reputable source that this does what people are claiming it to do. From the studies thus far, it doesn't kill coronavirus, and it may only help in the most extreme of cases, when a patient is well past the initial infection, and suffering a cytokine storm, and even the evidence for that is pretty touch and go. Hydroxychloroquine isn't something you want to take if you have a sore throat, and just want to be sure.

    The worst part about this is that people now have to take the time out to explain shit to a bunch of dipshits who are getting all overly excited about something they don't understand just because Trump preached it on live TV. If you want to talk about TDS, look at all the people who have vested their personality into the guy so deeply, they'll take every word he says as gospel truth, and will spin off conspiracy theory after conspiracy theory just to keep him, and by extension themselves, from looking stupid.
    oh I AGREE TDS goes both way and yeah I have seen many tards pretend it's the miracle cure because cheeto hitler said it was blah blah blah

  3. #1653
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    speaking of misinformation and bullshit, how do any of YOU KNOW it does not work? when have YOU tried it? how many DR's are out there refuting that it works? that is how bad your level of TDS is.
    This is the most goddamn stupid fucking thing I've ever read in my entire life. Have you not been paying attention?

  4. #1654
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2001
    Location: Lockdown... if only
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    If you hoard and expect a refund, you deserve to get shot.

    Priceless.

    Around here we STILL can't get TP from the usual places (supermarkets, Walmart, etc.) I hear it's in the big shopping club/wholesale type stores like Costco, which I had no use for until now maybe. This past weekend, I had to go around to a few service station convenience stores before I found one with a couple of 4-packs.

    I'm more worried about the food hoarding actually. The food banks are starting to struggle. And all those people who purchased extra freezers at the start of this outbreak so they could stockpile are probably going to be chucking out mass quantities of food when things settle down.

  5. #1655
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    As the lock downs here are going to stay as they are for at least another month (moderate chance of restrictions being lessened within a month, according to an address by the PM today, if infection rates stay as low as they have been). So plans to keep doing what I've been doing and stay indoors. If the time span is as they say then it goes for 14 days, and I'm at day 3, so 11 to go.
    Egh. That sucks. Just keep in mind that the flu is going around too. It could be nothing more than that.

  6. #1656
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2006
    Location: Washington DC
    Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    speaking of misinformation and bullshit, how do any of YOU KNOW it does not work? when have YOU tried it? how many DR's are out there refuting that it works? that is how bad your level of TDS is.
    Saying it has no downsides is misinformation. Calling it a game-changer is bullshit. Right now there is more evidence that it doesn't work than there is that it does.

    Trump goes on TV and lies about unproven medicine, and you defend it and deflect deserved criticism as 'TDS'. As if holding the president accountable for misleading the public with factually wrong statements is somehow vindictive. Fuck off.

  7. #1657
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Location: Canuckistan GWN
    Who needs Dr. Donny dispensing deathly prescriptions when his buddy Dr. Oz will do it for him.

    “I tell ya, schools are a very appetizing opportunity. I just saw a nice piece in the Lancet arguing the opening of schools may only cost us two to three per cent in terms of total mortality,”

  8. #1658
    Member
    Registered: May 2004

  9. #1659
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2001
    Location: Lockdown... if only
    Love that movie. It's amazing how cavalier people get when they think they're safe and it's only other persons' lives at stake.

  10. #1660
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Location: Canuckistan GWN
    Oh don't exaggerate, Starker!! It's actually only about 2,000,000.
    Last edited by Nicker; 16th Apr 2020 at 18:40.

  11. #1661
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2001
    Location: Melbourne, Australia
    As an addendum to my earlier post, I should note that I've been a hypochondriac on symptoms many times in the past + I have mild anxiety, so high chance I don't have it. It's hard not to get paranoid in the current situation.

  12. #1662
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2004
    60% of the sailors on that carrier that tested positive for COVID-19 had no symptoms.

  13. #1663
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2006
    Location: Berghem Haven
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    60% of the sailors on that carrier that tested positive for COVID-19 had no symptoms.
    So they can infect all other people in perfect safety

    Of course (the majority of) young people have no symptoms if the sickness is not ONLY related to the infection but to the immune response targeting the blood vessels, altering the coagulation, etc.
    Statistically they're problems for the 40s yo and above.

  14. #1664
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2003
    Location: Jafaville New Zealand
    Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    As an addendum to my earlier post, I should note that I've been a hypochondriac on symptoms many times in the past + I have mild anxiety, so high chance I don't have it. It's hard not to get paranoid in the current situation.
    What is your coughing like?

  15. #1665
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2006
    Location: Berghem Haven
    Coronavirus cough is *DRY* cause there's nothing to cough out, it's activated as "default" response for the common respiratory diseases 'cause the system must take out the mucus.
    But there's no mucus here (it's not a classic pneumonia, it's an *interstitial* pneumonia), so perfectly dry cough.

  16. #1666
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2001
    Location: Melbourne, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    What is your coughing like?
    I dunno. A normal cough. Only rarely coughing. I feel wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better today than yesterday. I think I've just been marking too much and not getting enough vitamin D. Compare that to flu's and colds I've had in the past, where I was coughing constantly. Big difference.

  17. #1667
    Moderator
    Registered: Jan 2003
    Location: NeoTokyo
    Well I should probably report my case now for everyone. I didn't earlier because it was very uncertain to me what was even going on.

    So starting from the night of March 29, Day 3 of quarantine for me, my heart was struck with severe spells of arrhythmia. A week later when I got it monitored, I learned my heart rate was (at that time, a week later) shooting up to over 120bmp while I was sleeping for spells from 2 to 10 minutes that would wake me up, but that was already after it had gotten much better. In the first few nights it was completely erratic, I could feel it shoot up in rate but a every third or forth beat would draaaaag, and my chest felt like the biggest case of butterflies. I would have spells for about 10 minutes at a time, then die down until maybe 15 minutes later and it'd start up again, like that all night long for about 14 nights straight.

    When I was going through a spell, I could literally feel my brain and body were not getting oxygen, which is literally the worst feeling ever. My hands and feet became frigid, my mind would go into feverish "life flashing before my eyes" visions, I would start to black out, and I'd be struck with extreme dizziness and nausea. The second night I felt I was within an inch of my life when it happened a few times. I actually walked to the hospital (I think I thought standing up and walking was making it feel better, and better than calling an ambulance and waiting), but anyway along the way it struck so hard in one spell, if my heart didn't completely stop it was so erratic that blood wasn't getting anywhere, I collapsed, and everything basically went dark and I thought well this is it. I've lived a good life; I did the best I could, and I was at peace and contented. Then the nausea hit so hard I was trying to throw up, except instead of vomit I had one very hard lung-expunging cough, and my heart started again on a regular cycle. I'm happy that little reset button was built in there. (Fett later explained it and a lot of other things to me. He's been a good friend a guide for me through this.)

    That happened about two other times, and that was really the worst of it. By the time I actually got to the hospital, I had to pay $80 just to enter (it was still like 5 in the morning), and they said if I could make it to morning I wouldn't have to pay that, but I needed to get a reference from another clinic first. So by that time, I was starting to feel much better and the heart clinic across from my apartment was going to open. So then I walked to the heart clinic. (Also I didn't actually want to go into the hospital if I could help it, because of the possible corona cases in there, and thought the clinic would be safer anyway, and it's closer, and it's a specialized cardiologist instead of a generic hospital doctor.) So anyway I went to the clinic. But by the time I got there the spells were completely gone (they only came at night) and they couldn't measure any problem. So that's when we scheduled for me to wear a Holter monitoring device overnight. But by the time I got that scheduled it was already almost a week later, and the spells had subsided somewhat. But they were still happening and I got what it looks like on paper now. Over the next 12 days it got progressively better, although slowly. Almost exactly 2 weeks later was the last bad spell, and since then I don't really notice it, although I still feel there's something not quite right.

    So, I thought at the time surely it's the virus. But over the next two weeks the other symptoms didn't really develop... but because I was paying such close attention, I did notice they developed in a very minor form. I had a slight fever, a little diarrhea, just a touch of congestion, but the really telling thing was everything tasted like a dank 2 week old used tea bag (I didn't notice at first because I didn't have any appetite, but it started to come back a week later). Because I wasn't sure it was the virus, I was extra vigilant since of course the worst thing would be to get it in that condition. But since then there have also been articles coming out speculating if the virus attacks the heart (and kidneys) directly. Now I think my case probably was the virus, because the timing of it (day 3 of quarantine, lasting two weeks) and set of other conditions (the other symptoms in a minor form) and the articles saying heart arrhythmia is a symptom, that all came together in a way that makes the probability rather low for it to be a completely independent (a mysterious other virus or condition lasting 2 weeks that attacks the heart) coincidentally timed to now.

    That made me think my case was important for science, since one of the big debates right now is if the heart is attacked directly or if its problems are derivative from the other conditions, a debate we've had in this very thread. I thought my case is important because, since I didn't really have the other symptoms, the arrhythmia should be directly caused by the virus. So it's answering the $64,000 question they're having, and I have my heart monitor results that would probably be really useful for them to know how exactly it attacks the heart. I asked to get tested, but the problem is that their policy is a person can only get tested if they show the traditional symptoms, and I didn't. Now that it's almost 3 weeks later, I wonder if I would even test positive at this point.

    I can say I'm relieved that my heart symptoms have gotten significantly better now. I'm upset that it may still have left permanent damage (time will tell), and if it did, I upset with the negligence of the Chinese government in letting this spread in the first place, and they should probably be responsible and pay for the lifetime of medical bills I may have now from this thing (time will tell). It occurred to me that I might be relieved that I have antibodies now, but then articles came out that the antibodies aren't a guarantee of immunity, people were reacquiring it, and the cases of people catching the virus a second time happened most when their symptoms were light, and the virus was actually more lethal the 2nd time around because of the heart damage from the first round, and after everything I still can't be 100% sure that I even had the virus. So I am going under the working assumption that I didn't have it and am still susceptible and even in a risk category.

    So that's been my story to date. It's still just been less than 3 weeks, so who's to say what's next? Be safe y'all. At least in my case, when this thing hits it comes hard out of nowhere and it doesn't take its time.

  18. #1668
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2001
    Location: Lockdown... if only
    First, I forgot to say thanks to Starker and zombe for answering my question about Estonia. Thanks.

    Second, WTF is up with Operation Gridlock in Michigan? This is from Wednesday, but it's still bugging me how clueless and callous people can be:

    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...n_lansing.html

    On a related note, I have to visit two work sites in Massachusetts a couple times a week, and every time I drive into Mass there's more traffic and more people going to work. It's kind of a disturbing sign because Mass is approaching peak spreading. Anyone else going back to work?

    EDIT:

    demagogue - Man, sorry to hear that. I assume you'll follow up to make sure you don't have an underlying heart condition that was triggered by whatever ailed you. It has to be a lot tougher dealing with that when you're stuck home alone by yourself in a foreign country. I know I had a tough time when I developed chest pains shortly after I moved to Sydney and I didn't have a doctor or any friends yet. Caused a pretty good anxiety attack. Keep safe. Do they let you take walks there, or is it pretty locked down now?
    Last edited by heywood; 17th Apr 2020 at 10:08.

  19. #1669
    BANNED
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by catbarf View Post
    Saying it has no downsides is misinformation. Calling it a game-changer is bullshit. Right now there is more evidence that it doesn't work than there is that it does.

    Trump goes on TV and lies about unproven medicine, and you defend it and deflect deserved criticism as 'TDS'. As if holding the president accountable for misleading the public with factually wrong statements is somehow vindictive. Fuck off.
    source to the evidence you claim there is.

  20. #1670
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2006
    Location: Berghem Haven
    Dema, when you'll get the possibility/time, do this:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echocardiography

    The infection/inflammatory response (every infection can do this) CAN trigger an underlying heart anomaly (@structure/behaviour level) as heywood said so check it up!
    The Holter was already a good diagnostic start!

  21. #1671
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Location: Canuckistan GWN
    Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    source to the evidence you claim there is.
    Here is some of that evidence reposted, jk.

    And here's some more.

    But by all means take your medical advice from Dr. Donny if you trust him more that the ex-spurts. Seriously, are you having some sort of episode? I have come to expect random expressions of stupidity from you but this seems to be a protracted case of aggressive denial of reality. HINT: Trump is not a medical professional, he's a con-artist and you are being conned.



    Dema, stay safe and I strong.

    By the time I actually got to the hospital, I had to pay $80 just to enter...
    Mind = boggled.
    Last edited by Nicker; 17th Apr 2020 at 12:52.

  22. #1672
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2006
    Location: Berghem Haven
    Yeah, entrance fee.....

    Still not so high, if you can pay later.

  23. #1673
    BANNED
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicker View Post
    Here is some of that evidence reposted, jk.

    And here's some more.

    But by all means take your medical advice from Dr. Donny if you trust him more that the ex-spurts. Seriously, are you having some sort of episode? I have come to expect random expressions of stupidity from you but this seems to be a protracted case of aggressive denial of reality. HINT: Trump is not a medical professional, he's a con-artist and you are being conned.



    Dema, stay safe and I strong.



    Mind = boggled.
    AGAIN since the TDS is strong with many of you.
    I DON'T give a shit what cheeto hitler says or thinks people should take to get better, I care about what MY DR gives me, simple as that.

    that said, THANKS for the links.

  24. #1674
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    I dunno. A normal cough. Only rarely coughing. I feel wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better today than yesterday. I think I've just been marking too much and not getting enough vitamin D. Compare that to flu's and colds I've had in the past, where I was coughing constantly. Big difference.
    Yeah, you probably don't have the corona. It sounds more like you've got a bog standard case of the grud.

  25. #1675
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    I DON'T give a shit what cheeto hitler says or thinks people should take to get better, I care about what MY DR gives me, simple as that.
    The problem is that there are millions of people out there who do, so every time he lies about something, they're going to run around out there, spreading it about, and getting all hostile when someone doesn't believe them.

Page 67 of 109 FirstFirst ... 17222732374247525762636465666768697071727782879297102107 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •