TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 72 of 122 FirstFirst ... 222732374247525762676869707172737475767782879297102107112117 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 3030

Thread: ☣ Coronavirus ☣

  1. #1776
    BANNED
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    "Throw your rights away." Do you really think this is the first time we've shut down businesses, quarantined people at home, and put strict curfews in place to combat an epidemic? It's not. We did it in 1918 and again in 1920. This is nothing new.

    The only difference between now and then is the response. Then, people were like "yeah, I don't want to get sick." Now? "I'M A BORED ASSHOLE WITH SHIT FOR BRAINS HOPPED UP ON ALL THE FUCKERY I READ ON THE INTERNET AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW THE WORLD WORKS HURR DUURRR."

    Spare us your goddamn stupidity.



    BECAUSE THEY CAN'T TEST EVERYONE, YOU STUPID FUCK! How many times does this same basic fact have to be beaten on your head until it sinks in? Jesus Christ!
    there are times when I wonder if you ever loved me................................

    if people are NOT tested then DON'T fucking include them, only adds fuel to the dumbfuckery that is out there already.
    .

    fucking bourbon chicken is hitting the spot
    (Meme removed).
    maybe you guys should go on the interweebs and try some recipes so you can chill out a bit, you guys have too much anger.

  2. #1777
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Right now, we have 750,000 confirmed cases, and 40,000 dead.

    That's a fatality rate of around 5%.
    Pretty sure that's an "under-detected by 80% rate", lol. Places with lots of testing (e.g. South Korea) have tended to come up with fatality rates of ~1%. Overall I think we'll have more luck extrapolating the number of infected from the number dead and the estimated fatality rate, than trying to estimate the fatality rate with inadequate testing.

  3. #1778
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda
    common sense is on the losing end of this one for a variety of reasons, and NO I DON'T place liberals in the common sense area, you guys go full nazi in a heart beat and that shit is scare as fuck.
    What? Are we putting into camps now? Are we raiding homes, disappearing people in the dead of night? Are people in brown shirts marching in the streets, smashing windows and terrorizing those who have been deemed undesirables or enemies of the state? Any Jews on cattle cars?

    You want to fight real tyranny, JK? Go to Hong Kong. March with the protestors. Put your life on the line to stand up for the freedoms of others. China is an actual oppressive country, and those standing against it are risking everything to do so. This response to the quarantine is just poser bullshit, something for the fake tough dipshits trying desperately to look like a bunch badasses on the internet without actually risking anything at all.

    ...well, besides getting sick, but that's on them.

  4. #1779
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Tell me, then, JK, exactly what benefit does undercounting people give you? These people very likely died because of the coronavirus. And this is confirmed by the number of excess deaths compared to this time usually. Would it not be more dangerous to exclude these people than to include them?

    Also, we have too much anger? You're here raging about liberals and breathlessly spreading lies, such as people getting arrested in their cars, even after it has been pointed out to you that it's not what happened, and we're the angry ones?

  5. #1780
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    ...if people are NOT tested then DON'T fucking include them, only adds fuel to the dumbfuckery that is out there already.
    Yeah, let's try to do everything we can to appease a bunch of people who already think the whole outbreak is a statist ploy to take our freedoms away from us, and have already found 500 ways to spin this into a giant conspiracy as is.

    They've made up their minds long ago, and they'll easily find more "evidence" to convince themselves this is all a lie even without this one potentially suspect bit of policy. No reason to engage in exercises of futility here.

  6. #1781
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    Pretty sure that's an "under-detected by 80% rate", lol.
    Probably. I'm just going by the current known numbers here.

    Once all this is over, and we have the luxury of spending more time going over the evidence, the fatality rate will end up averaging out to the same numbers we've seen elsewhere.

  7. #1782



    Michigan governor knows what's up. The more these dipshit retards protest the harder we need to crack down on them.

    You want to fight real tyranny, JK? Go to Hong Kong. March with the protestors. Put your life on the line to stand up for the freedoms of others. China is an actual oppressive country, and those standing against it are risking everything to do so. This response to the quarantine is just poser bullshit, something for the fake tough dipshits trying desperately to look like a bunch badasses on the internet without actually risking anything at all.
    He's a Trump supporter. He doesn't want to fight tyranny, he WANTS tyranny and openly supports a wannabe fascist despot.

  8. #1783
    BANNED
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    What? Are we putting into camps now? Are we raiding homes, disappearing people in the dead of night? Are people in brown shirts marching in the streets, smashing windows and terrorizing those who have been deemed undesirables or enemies of the state? Any Jews on cattle cars?

    You want to fight real tyranny, JK? Go to Hong Kong. March with the protestors. Put your life on the line to stand up for the freedoms of others. China is an actual oppressive country, and those standing against it are risking everything to do so. This response to the quarantine is just poser bullshit, something for the fake tough dipshits trying desperately to look like a bunch badasses on the internet without actually risking anything at all.

    ...well, besides getting sick, but that's on them.
    when you are fine with jailing people and fining them simply because they went somewhere you did not approve off then we are almost there.

    HK can do as it wishes & they can do w/o my interference.

  9. #1784
    BANNED
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    Tell me, then, JK, exactly what benefit does undercounting people give you? These people very likely died because of the coronavirus. And this is confirmed by the number of excess deaths compared to this time usually. Would it not be more dangerous to exclude these people than to include them?

    Also, we have too much anger? You're here raging about liberals and breathlessly spreading lies, such as people getting arrested in their cars, even after it has been pointed out to you that it's not what happened, and we're the angry ones?
    "under counting"? likely???? do you understand that "likely" does NOT make it a FACT? you guys do sound angry.

  10. #1785
    BANNED
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Yeah, let's try to do everything we can to appease a bunch of people who already think the whole outbreak is a statist ploy to take our freedoms away from us, and have already found 500 ways to spin this into a giant conspiracy as is.

    They've made up their minds long ago, and they'll easily find more "evidence" to convince themselves this is all a lie even without this one potentially suspect bit of policy. No reason to engage in exercises of futility here.
    on the flip side are liberals not the ones being appeased here with ARTIFICIALLY inflated numbers based on nothing more than PRESUMPTIONS? why is it you guys only like facts & actual evidence when it suits you? why can't you demand that shit NOW instead of accepting someones version of "likely"????

    sally/joe & cock sucking Karen are stuck at home on the interweebs crashing alex jones fucking server because they are looking for reasons to go get a fucking hair cut, parents who fucking STUPID asking for the schools to hold graduation so their kids can walk down the aisle because OMG they worked so hard for it, some of you should fucking understand that there is a world outside that bubble you guys like to live in, NY fucked up, that plain & simple, everyone with fucking bills is going to start questioning everything and look for confirmation bias because they are fucking desperate, the stupid parents who want their kids graduation takes the fucking cake for me, but some of you are busy bitching at me for pointing out the world outside your bubble, shit I dare say some of you would call trump to get my ass deported if you could...................

    I am kicking you fuckers in the shins telling you the way I see shit based on the world of knckle dragging crayon eaters what I immerse myself in on the interweebs because while YOU might not like all the bullshit amist all the fecal matter they do have some valid points, your holier than thou attitudes simply does not allow you to see it.


    mashed potatoes almost ready, I don't need to cook for tomorrow.

    oh, if you fucking deport me, you would be deporting the one beaner that is staying home and social distancing because I don't want to overwhelm our HC system not infect my families. if you wish to apologize to me I take paypal.........

  11. #1786
    BANNED
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post



    Michigan governor knows what's up. The more these dipshit retards protest the harder we need to crack down on them.



    He's a Trump supporter. He doesn't want to fight tyranny, he WANTS tyranny and openly supports a wannabe fascist despot.
    she is the female version of Lord Farqaad, and tyranny is fining people because they got out of the bread lines to smell the roses. most of you can't see or understand that shit, hell you can't shit on the bill of rights because you are fucking afraid.

  12. #1787
    BANNED
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...OSidcZy1gLpRQc
    It’s unclear which strategy will ultimately prove most effective, and even experts in Sweden warn it’s too early to draw conclusions. But given the huge economic damage caused by strict lockdowns, the Swedish approach has drawn considerable interest around the world.
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...cmZdoVUfpGB8Go
    Suicides outpacing coronavirus deaths in Tennessee, data says

  13. #1788
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    on the flip side are liberals not the ones being appeased here with ARTIFICIALLY inflated numbers based on nothing more than PRESUMPTIONS?
    Isn't the basis of this statement itself an assumption? How many of the corpses have the doctors in New York counted without first testing? 10? 50? 100? 1000? What percentage of those died from causes that weren't immediately identifiable as Covid-19? A tenth? Half? Three quarters? Of the 17,000 odd deaths attributed to Coronavirus in New York, how many of these are of questionable quantification?

  14. #1789
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    "under counting"? likely???? do you understand that "likely" does NOT make it a FACT? you guys do sound angry.
    Yes, undercounting. If you only count the cases that are beyond any doubt proven to be because of the coronavirus, you're not getting anything close to the full picture of what's happening. And yes, death counts during a pandemic are not 100 accurate and everyone understands it. Getting the most accurate count is not the point. The point is to get the most probable count, so you can do your best projections and calculate your needs and responses based on it.

  15. #1790
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Now there's some emotionally loaded bullshit right there.

    I just looked up the data. Last year, the state of Tennessee counted 1163 suicides. The year before that, they recorded 1110 deaths. Other years show similar statistics.

    Thus far, Coronavirus has claimed 143 lives in the state of Tennessee.

    So now they're saying "But but guys, the quarantine is making us sad, and people are killing themselves faster than the disease is. Don't let the cuuurrreee be worse than the diiissseeeaassseee."

    That's just pathetic.

    she is the female version of Lord Farqaad, and tyranny is fining people because they got out of the bread lines to smell the roses. most of you can't see or understand that shit, hell you can't shit on the bill of rights because you are fucking afraid.
    Tyranny is when the secret police put a bag over your head, and take you and your family to a blacksite in the dead of night. This is an inconvenience. That some people can't tell the difference between the two is the reason why we're kinda currently fucked as a country.

    Also, I'd like you to explain how the Bill of Rights prevents the federal government or the states from enacting temporary protective measure in extreme circumstances.

  16. #1791
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Republican destruction of democratic norms, obstruction of justice, and abuse of power at the highest levels -- business as usual.
    Liberal governors responding to an emergency with temporary measures to save lives -- OMG tyranny!!!

  17. #1792
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    I'm very selective with my outrage! Fake news deep state radical leftist libtards!

  18. #1793
    BANNED
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Isn't the basis of this statement itself an assumption? How many of the corpses have the doctors in New York counted without first testing? 10? 50? 100? 1000? What percentage of those died from causes that weren't immediately identifiable as Covid-19? A tenth? Half? Three quarters? Of the 17,000 odd deaths attributed to Coronavirus in New York, how many of these are of questionable quantification?
    thanks to NY's stupidity righties have something to genuinely bitch about, and the unemployed joes/jack/karens who want to have their precious sons/daughters walk down the aisle are fucking listening to the righties.......................

    every crayon eating M'fer is using NY as an example of the media lying and the numbers being bullshit......... and sadly they have a fucking point that you guys can't see.
    (Meme removed)

  19. #1794
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    every crayon eating M'fer is using NY as an example of the media lying and the numbers being bullshit......... and sadly they have a fucking point that you guys can't see.
    It doesn't matter, because they're going to think the media is lying about everything anyway. That they have one new excuse doesn't change a goddamn thing.

    There are people running around on Facebook telling others that the virus isn't even contagious, and that all our hospitals are empty. So how does having this one little extra bit of policy that they can spin make a difference?

    And I still want to know how these emergency measures violate the Bill of Rights.

  20. #1795
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...OSidcZy1gLpRQc
    It’s unclear which strategy will ultimately prove most effective, and even experts in Sweden warn it’s too early to draw conclusions. But given the huge economic damage caused by strict lockdowns, the Swedish approach has drawn considerable interest around the world.
    So you think your fellow countrymen are as responsible as Swedes and willing to voluntarily follow the guidelines when the governors just ask them nicely?

    And while many other countries have introduced strict laws, including hefty fines if people are caught breaching newly minted social-distancing laws, Swedes appear to be following such guidelines without the need for legislation. Trips from Stockholm to Gotland -- a popular vacation destination -- dropped by 96% over the Easter weekend, according to data from the country’s largest mobile operator, Telia Company. And online service Citymapper’s statistics indicate an almost 75% drop in mobility in the capital.

    Sweden also recently pushed back against the notion that there’s little to no social distancing going on.

    “We don’t have a radically different view,” Foreign Minister Ann Linde said in an interview with Radio Sweden. “The government has made a series of decisions that affect the whole society. It’s a myth that life goes on as normal in Sweden.”

  21. #1796
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    So you think your fellow countrymen are as responsible as Swedes and willing to voluntarily follow the guidelines when the governors just ask them nicely?
    They are good sheep, doing their part to follow the agenda of that statist masters without question.

  22. #1797
    BANNED
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Now there's some emotionally loaded bullshit right there.

    I just looked up the data. Last year, the state of Tennessee counted 1163 suicides. The year before that, they recorded 1110 deaths. Other years show similar statistics.

    Thus far, Coronavirus has claimed 143 lives in the state of Tennessee.

    So now they're saying "But but guys, the quarantine is making us sad, and people are killing themselves faster than the disease is. Don't let the cuuurrreee be worse than the diiissseeeaassseee."

    That's just pathetic.



    Tyranny is when the secret police put a bag over your head, and take you and your family to a blacksite in the dead of night. This is an inconvenience. That some people can't tell the difference between the two is the reason why we're kinda currently fucked as a country.

    Also, I'd like you to explain how the Bill of Rights prevents the federal government or the states from enacting temporary protective measure in extreme circumstances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    Republican destruction of democratic norms, obstruction of justice, and abuse of power at the highest levels -- business as usual.
    Liberal governors responding to an emergency with temporary measures to save lives -- OMG tyranny!!!
    WAIT, it's YOUR version of Tyranny that counts? ..............do you NOT see the irony there?
    the righties are being joined by every fucker that is unemployed and stuck at home and looking at all the selective and stupid BULLSHIT their respective states are engaging in. go to stupid facebook and type "reopen xxxx" put in your state and you will see your local fuckers questioning everything, sometimes rightfully and others full of alex jones bullshit.

    as pathetic as YOU find it the cure to the current disease is worse to those losing homes/businesses , fucking bills are due and no amount of common sense is going to pay them.........

  23. #1798
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    as pathetic as YOU find it the cure to the current disease is worse to those losing homes/businesses , fucking bills are due and no amount of common sense is going to pay them.........
    Have you ever stopped to ask yourself why every other 1st world nation seems to be handling this ordeal better than we are?

  24. #1799
    BANNED
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    So you think your fellow countrymen are as responsible as Swedes and willing to voluntarily follow the guidelines when the governors just ask them nicely?
    this is Murika, we do the fucking OPPOSITE of what the state wants, prohibition or the war on drugs had the OPPOSITE effect here as do many other things.
    IF legislation was "sensible" people MIGHT react different, but you and I have different views of what "sensible" means.

  25. #1800
    BANNED
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Have you ever stopped to ask yourself why seemingly every other 1st world nation seems to be handling this ordeal better than we are?
    they did not eat crayons for breakfast?

Page 72 of 122 FirstFirst ... 222732374247525762676869707172737475767782879297102107112117 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •