TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 87 of 109 FirstFirst ... 374247525762677277828384858687888990919297102107 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 2711

Thread: ☣ Coronavirus ☣

  1. #2151
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Though with that said, China does deserve some flak for the outbreak. It's kinda obvious they've fudged their numbers, and tried to keep a lid on things for as long as possible to save face, and it cost the rest of the world some valuable time. The WHO trying to placate China in the meanwhile certainly didn't help things.

    Though they don't get ALL the blame, because a goodly number of other nations still managed to fuck things up, long after China gave up trying to contain it, and it became obvious what we were all dealing with.

  2. #2152
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Location: Canuckistan GWN
    single payers systems are over run with 1000's dead.
    Citation please. And a little specificity would help.

    In the mean time, correlation does not imply causation. Please join the dots between single payer medical insurance and infection rates for Covid19.

    under 300k dead GLOBALLY. the fear and numbers did not materialize.
    More like 320k dead. There would be a lot more but many countries took swift, national action to contain the spread. It worked.

  3. #2153
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2002
    Location: In the flesh.
    I know. They are all over facebook with how it's not as bad as they predicted and SEE? SEE? the experts were all wrong! Millions of corpses are not lying in the street! Then you point out that things were done to mitigate and BAM did mitigate just like we wanted and it's like they can't add two plus two and see it themselves. That's how it was supposed to work. They also forget the worst part of the Spanish flu was after the first wave. But hey, damn liberal demoncrat hoax yada yada ad infinitum.

  4. #2154
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Location: Canuckistan GWN
    Sadly, the USA may stand in as a model for how things might have gone if they were not managed as well in other countries.

    To bulk up these astroturf "Hang Fauci and Open My State" rallies, rich Republican organisers have been shipping in "locals" from hundreds of miles away, even across state lines. Many of those people have been returning to areas with low infection rates. This is based on cell-phone data.

    Stupid states will reinfect smart states. By November all the financial and personal sacrifices of the winter and spring will be wiped out and it will all begin again, only worse.

  5. #2155
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    If we have to go through this a second time, it's gonna be an absolute nightmare. A bunch of weekend warriors with their tacticooled up AR-15's, screaming about fighting tyranny and oppression, bum rushing governors with guns brandished all across the country, blocking hospital routes with their cars, and throwing the greatest temper tantrum the world has ever seen. If they end up disrupting things to the point we get a dose of the worst case scenario, they'll just do what they always do, and blame someone else.

    I'm tired of making excuses for these dumb shits. This is so far removed from the usual liberal vs. conservative divide it's not even worthwhile entertaining it as such. They're a bunch of weak minded dumbshits who have bought hook, line, and sinker into a long con perpetrated by a goddamn real estate agent from New York who's treating the presidency as his personal vanity project, and they've deluded themselves to the point that they actually think they're fighting a 2nd revolution against a bunch of Cold War communists who have infiltrated the country from within. When you get right down it, all it really is is just a bitch fit for the sake of having a bitch fit, a way to fleetingly feel like those badasses who don't take shit, and don't give a crap they watch on TV. Hey, look at me, I'm wearing a punisher skull t-shirt. I talk about having an "angry side" you "don't want to meet" on the internet! Here's a picture of my fucking gun, and a vaguely veiled threat about shooting census workers! I'm a Real American!

    No. They're bored assholes, citizens all of the richest nation in the world, who are so spoiled, they believe temporary inconvenience is utter oppression. They're 4 year olds who grew up with a mommy and daddy who never told them no.

    You want to fight real tyranny, fuckwits? Go to Hong Hong, where merely questioning the government can earn you a public beating, and a quick trip to a reeducation camp. Here, an armed mob can storm a capital building, and you don't even get a slap on the wrist for it. How can you say you're oppressed when you can do that, and you have an entire political party blowing you for your votes?

    People need to call them out for the children that they are.
    Last edited by Renzatic; 19th May 2020 at 23:52.

  6. #2156
    Moderator
    Registered: Jan 2003
    Location: NeoTokyo
    I read one article saying the optimal strategy is 4 months lockdown 1 month open in a cycle for at least the next 18 months, and I had that kind of expectation. If we thought this round was bad, the next 2 or 3 rounds of this will be off the rails.

    The other thing that I appreciate from personal experience that I think a lot of people, the dismissive crowd, are discounting is that this thing, when it does go south for someone, doesn't give them much or any forewarning. The first time I even suspected I had this, the entire room was spinning, my chest was on fire, and I apparently had already had full on pneumonia without even feeling it build up. It wasn't like I felt a little sore throat or muscles or a little cough that built up over the next few days. It was zero to 60 in an instant. And I've been reading articles where by the time people started having symptoms they'd already passed a point of no return.

    That's one part of this thing that makes it particularly awful. You're having a normal day, you're in your 30s or 40s and perfectly healthy, and the next thing you're on your deathbed and have to start making final arrangements with your family without even the chance to see them. I can look back and feel okay since it subsided, but in those first few days I didn't have any indication if it would or not and had to act assuming it might not. If people appreciated how awful that is, I think they'd respect some of these restrictions designed to keep them from the possibility of facing that kind of thing.

  7. #2157
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    For some people, it isn't real until it happens to them.

  8. #2158
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Also, it's not like lifting the lockdown is a magic bullet that will make the economy good and unemployment go away. For just one example, I've never worked in a restaurant, but from what I've heard, the margins are not all that big. If the customers don't feel safe going there, if just 30% are not going to show up, who's going to want to hire a full staff?

    People seem to completely miss the point that the reason for all the mitigation we've been doing has been because we so badly failed containment. What do they think is going to follow if we botch containment again?

  9. #2159
    Still Subjective
    Registered: Dec 1999
    Location: Idiocy will never die
    People are dumb. That's the answer.

    Events like this bring out the idiots, every time.

    There's a least one itt.

  10. #2160
    BANNED
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    Have any prisoners ACTUALLY been released? I know there was a lot of talk and some outbreaks but I can't recall any actual releases.


    Oh and in a shocker newsflash jkcerda goes to hard right sites where they all say it's a lie. Thinking and facts bad. Following conservative herd good.
    CDC and Fact check are hard right sites? wtf?

  11. #2161
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Yeah, I'm trying to figure that one out too.

  12. #2162
    BANNED
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicker View Post
    Citation please. And a little specificity would help.

    In the mean time, correlation does not imply causation. Please join the dots between single payer medical insurance and infection rates for Covid19.



    More like 320k dead. There would be a lot more but many countries took swift, national action to contain the spread. It worked.
    CITATION? that what plenty here have been yapping about specially concerning Italy. 320k globally are no reason to fuck the economy like we have and to continue to crap on peoples rights over your damn feelings is not right either.
    https://reason.com/2020/05/20/a-pand...oqDHPMUibajO4Q
    The Wisconsin case involved a dispute between two branches of the state government. The Republican leaders of the state legislature argued that Andrea Palm, a Democrat who runs the Wisconsin Department of Health Services, was exercising powers she had never been granted when she ordered the closure of "nonessential" businesses and confined residents to their homes except for purposes she approved, threatening violators with fines and jail.

    This case was not simply a partisan spat. It raised the question of whether a single executive branch official can unilaterally criminalize heretofore legal behavior, based on nothing more than her own judgment of what is required to protect public health.

  13. #2163
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    CITATION? that what plenty here have been yapping about specially concerning Italy. 320k globally are no reason to fuck the economy like we have and to continue to crap on peoples rights over your damn feelings is not right either.
    Don't accuse others of basing the opinions on their feelings when 95% of the evidence you present here is based upon what YOU feel.

    Once again, has it occurred to you that the reason why the worldwide death toll is so low is because every effected country in the world took extraordinary measures to stymie it's spread? It's like your entire reasoning is based upon a complete circle, that the solutions taken in response to the problem were unnecessary because the solutions to the problem made things better than they would be, proving that the solutions were unnecessary to begin with.

  14. #2164
    BANNED
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    again yes it is possible.
    it is also possible the bullshit numbers they used to close everything down were wrong to begin with and this was wrong and flawed.

    we have over 30 million unemployed. with cock sucking democrat governors wanting to extend the lock down till early July. at what point do any of you realize that people can't afford to be unemployed for that long?
    do you guys support the states staying locked till early July? do you seriously think that fucking millions of people is justified based on your irrational fears?

  15. #2165
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Overly cautious? Yeah. Irrational? No. The world has seen exactly how much havoc coronavirus can cause if left unchecked.

    So what exactly do you do when all solutions to the problem at hand can end up potentially hurting a lot of people?

    I know! Let's burn down some 5G cell towers!

  16. #2166
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Location: Canuckistan GWN
    do you guys support the states staying locked till early July?
    Do you support body bags piled in the streets? Because that will be the result of opening the flood gates right now.

    "based on your irrational fears?"

    Based on facts.

  17. #2167
    BANNED
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Overly cautious? Yeah. Irrational? No. The world has seen exactly how much havoc coronavirus can cause if left unchecked.

    So what exactly do you do when all solutions to the problem at hand can end up potentially hurting a lot of people?

    I know! Let's burn down some 5G cell towers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicker View Post
    Do you support body bags piled in the streets? Because that will be the result of opening the flood gates right now.

    "based on your irrational fears?"

    Based on facts.
    again, over 30 million unemployed. being fucking homeless will indeed kill many . I am glad you guys are high and mighty , FUCK NON ESSENTIAL workers, how dare those mother fuckers try and earn a living ? Zeus dammed oxygen thieves that they are, so glad YOU know what is best for them, I mean YOU could be safe by keeping YOUR ass home, but no, lets fuck everyone over because you have irrational fears....... your perceived safety is for the greater good...........

  18. #2168
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    In some places, it's low level enough that just being a little mindful is all it'll take to prevent its spread. Keep your mask on, wash your hands, don't go in any places where it's likely to outbreak. All that good stuff.

    The problem is that even suggesting that being mindful is "tyranny." YOU CAN'T MAKE ME WEAR A MASK IN THE STORE! I HAVE RIGHTS!

    The whole scenario has put front and center why Big L Libertarianism is doomed to fail. If you want self-government, you have to practice self-discipline, do what needs to be done yourself. If we're in the midst of an outbreak, you stay at home because you know it's a good idea to do so, you wear a mask because you know it'll prevent the spread of the virus. You don't need a large government to set laws and policies, telling you what needs to be done, because you're grown up enough to do it yourself.

    ...and what have the Libertarians done? Rush out, and prove that the last thing they have is self-discipline. That the whole movement isn't about personal freedoms, it's about pitching a fit when you don't get your way.

    It's funny. One of the "commie" countries, Sweden, has proven that it's citizens are more capable of Libertarianism than any Libertarian American. Their government didn't enforce a lockdown, they did it themselves, because they knew it needed to be done. They acted like adults, and approached the situation somewhat rationally. Not at all like what we're seeing here.

    Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    again, over 30 million unemployed. being fucking homeless will indeed kill many . I am glad you guys are high and mighty , FUCK NON ESSENTIAL workers, how dare those mother fuckers try and earn a living ? Zeus dammed oxygen thieves that they are, so glad YOU know what is best for them, I mean YOU could be safe by keeping YOUR ass home, but no, lets fuck everyone over because you have irrational fears....... your perceived safety is for the greater good...........
    See, now you're just being overly emotional, doing exactly what you accuse the liberals of.

    No one's saying that the lockdowns are perfect. There's gonna be some shit regardless what we do. In a sane society, we'd work together to try and minimized damages the best we can.

    The problem is, we're not sane, and we're interested in solutions. No. We're good old fashioned 21st century Americans. We'd rather shift the blame than accept the consequences of our own actions.

  19. #2169
    BANNED
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    well this communist shit is sure not working out for over 30 million Americans.
    this is Murika, Libertarians got less than 5% of the vote so we are basically irrelevant, yet I bet my left testicle those protesting have plenty of cock sucking unemployed DEMOCRATS who just happened to be considered "non-essential" by the mighty POS cock sucking democrat leaders. your irrational fears are fucking over millions, YOU wear your mask, YOU stay the fuck home. why don't YOU try that?

  20. #2170
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    See what I mean? It's not about doing what's right, what needs to be done. It's about ME ME ME ME ME ME ME! Dress it up with some tough guy talk, and BAM! You got yourself an entire movement of whiny children pretending their little temper tantrum is some badass self-assertion.



    WHOA, DUDE! SAVE SOME PUSSY FOR THE REST OF US, HUH?

  21. #2171
    BANNED
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    lmmfao, I love Irony.

    you are so full of ME ME ME ME ME ME ME! that your irrational fears are being used to fuck people over and keeping them from making a living. those people have children that will indeed be whiny when they end up homeless and hungry, all because YOU could not keep YOUR ass fucking home where it's nice and safe, no YOU KNOW better than anyone else, HOW DARE people want to feed their families by going to work? YOU know better than those non essential mother fuckers, right?

  22. #2172
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Tell me this: is our inability to protect our citizens while still giving them a way to provide for their family in the midst of a national emergency a failure of base ideology, a failure of governance, or both?

    While all countries have seen their economies harmed by this, we're the only ones seeing unemployment spike as high as it has. How have we managed to fail, while others have somewhat succeeded in protecting themselves, and their economies?

  23. #2173
    BANNED
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    TOO Many of YOU had no problems with the Governors fucking people over.
    listen, I get 1-2 weeks, let's play it by ear and see how we can get through this, it's been 2 fucking months with cock suckers looking to extend things by another 2 months. the governors should be fucking hanging from a tree for the way they have fucked people over, yet at what point do YOU guys (forum members here) admit that hey, the "cure" is fucking worse than the "disease", what numbers do you need to see to change your minds on how things should be handled? because 30 million unemployed sure as hell is not it, I bet you cheer any time some hair stylist gets arrested for trying to earn a living so she can feed her fucking oxygen thieves she has at home , god dammed non essential mother fucker, don't they know their fucking place in life? hope you guys open up your homes to the millions of homeless that will result from all this shit.

  24. #2174
    BANNED
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    you can go to the market but not go to work so you can keep a roof over your head and keep yourself and your family fed? what kind of dumbfuckery is that? oh yeah liberal ideology, if they can't feed themselves and end up homeless we can then make sure they depend on the govt for everything, brilliant...............

  25. #2175
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Ah, that hair stylist. She had already received a government loan, and was thus able to provide for herself, and her employees for at least two months.

    ...and keep in mind that any small business that receives a loan under the stimulus package doesn't have to pay back what's given to support their staff.

    But hey, she saw a good business opportunity, and ended up earning over half a million dollars on her GoFundMe account by throwing her little "protest." All it cost her was 7 days in the county clink (which was admittedly 6 days too long), and she was able to pay her staff tax free, and now has enough to buy a new house if she wants. Hell, she even got a visit from Ted Cruz. You can't buy publicity that good. $5 bucks says she changes the name to Freedom Salons here once the initial hubbub starts dying down.

    Not too half shabby for someone "suffering" under "tyranny."

    Let's face it, JK. You bunch only care when it's convenient to care. You only offer help when it makes you look good to do so. Conservatives virtue signal just as often as liberals do.

Page 87 of 109 FirstFirst ... 374247525762677277828384858687888990919297102107 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •