TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 88 of 118 FirstFirst ... 384348535863687378838485868788899091929398103108113 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 2929

Thread: ☣ Coronavirus ☣

BANNED
    LMMFAO.
    would be nice if you owned a business and applied, then you might see reality . many did not even get a loan, we got it and it's a fucking convoluted mess, boss is sending it back instead of using it because one screw up and he is fucked.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/14/7poi...ort-finds.html

the one you speak of is ONE out of MILLIONS........

fact is, if those businesses you yapp about got the loans, then WHY do we have 30 million unemployed? are they not getting the money that was given to the business owners?

no amount of factual numbers will allow you to get over your perceived fears.

Moderator and Priest
    Yeah, we have around 30 million unemployed. We're the only country that's seeing unemployment levels that high. Rather than asking what we're doing wrong that the rest of the world isn't, you'd rather use it as a moment to get on your soapbox, and proclaim that everyone else is the problem.

"Don't you understand, guys! We're the only really free country in the world! The only solution to the problem is to say that all attempts at a solution are the problem, then do nothing at all!"

BANNED
    when you continually support fucking people over because of your irrational fears yeah I am going to call you on your shit. been pointing out what we are doing wrong and your irrational fears still don't get it.

Moderator and Priest
    You're hanging on to that phrase like a drowning man desperate for a breath of air.

BANNED
    oh I agree there is no way to breathe as long as your irrational fears rule the way you feel. no amount of data is going to change your minds, does not matter how many more million end up broke & destitute, those non essential mother fuckers don't know just how much of a generous gods liberals are

(Meme removed)

Moderator and Priest
    See, now you're just projecting. I've said nothing that would lead any rational person to believe I'm supporting what you're accusing me of. I've never said that the shut down was perfect, never said that people should just deal with it, never suggested that people flock to the government for support.

I have said that some people are taking advantage of the fervor, playing the tragedy for political attention and profit. But that's something else entirely.

IMO this hasn't been said often enough, but Renz, your patience for idiocy is absolutely legendary.

I keep my fingers crossed that you won't have the same catastrophic consequences of that idiocy in US as in Italy, Spain, or UK (yes, contrary to what's been written here, they failed miserably in comparison to other more disciplined European countries that reacted pretty quickly and took it all very seriously).

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    See, now you're just projecting. I've said nothing that would lead any rational person to believe I'm supporting what you're accusing me of. I've never said that the shut down was perfect, never said that people should just deal with it, never suggested that people flock to the government for support.

I have said that some people are taking advantage of the fervor, playing the tragedy for political attention and profit. But that's something else entirely.
    Projecting what? what you previously posted? they are extending the shit by 2 fucking months and all you said was.

Overly cautious? Yeah. Irrational? No. The world has seen exactly how much havoc coronavirus can cause if left unchecked.

So what exactly do you do when all solutions to the problem at hand can end up potentially hurting a lot of people?

I know! Let's burn down some 5G cell towers!
    few post here seemingly celebrate people going to jail and getting tickets because OMG, they went outside.......

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post
    IMO this hasn't been said often enough, but Renz, your patience for idiocy is absolutely legendary.

I keep my fingers crossed that you won't have the same catastrophic consequences of that idiocy in US as in Italy, Spain, or UK (yes, contrary to what's been written here, they failed miserably in comparison to other more disciplined European countries that reacted pretty quickly and took it all very seriously).
    pointing out the "cure" is worse than the disease is "idiocy"........... how do you people breathe when your horse is so damn high?

I give up.

Moderator and Priest
    You know, JK, people would probably be a lot nicer to you if you didn't act like such a hateful jackass all the time. All you really do is run around here calling people stupid in oh so many words.

You go off all antagonistic, then get shocked and surprised when everyone else pays like unto like.

We breathe, because we stay the fuck at home. Those who can work from home, those who can't wait or try delivering their goods or services in a different way. We don't risk going and "making a living", because it might as well be dying, widowing and orphaning, and putting a strain on a healthcare system that was never designed to work with any pandemic in mind. There are around 40 million of us here, obedient little sheeples, and we have under 1300 deaths total because of this. While 60-million Italy has over 32 000.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post
    We breathe, because we stay the fuck at home. Those who can work from home, those who can't wait or try delivering their goods or services in a different way. We don't risk going and "making a living", because it might as well be dying, widowing and orphaning, and putting a strain on a healthcare system that was never designed to work with any pandemic in mind. There are around 40 million of us here, obedient little sheeples, and we have under 1300 deaths total because of this. While 60-million Italy has over 32 000.
    EXACTLY Judy. you are fine, over 30 million people are not. YOUR HC system is being strained, OUR is laying nurses off. I don't care about what YOU are doing, I care about what WE are doing....

Moderator and Priest
    Here's the thing about it. Yeah, the quarantine will hurt the economy, will probably force some people out into the streets. The thing is, doing nothing will end up with considerably larger numbers of dead, a swamped healthcare infrastructure, which will hurt the economy, and will probably force some people out into the streets. We're in a lose lose situation, so we may as well take the loss that doesn't have quite as much hurt in it.

By this point, opening the economy now or two months from now isn't going to make much of a difference. The damage has already been done, so we may as well continue on the current path, rather than jumping the gun too soon, and risking another outbreak.

The fact that this is probably going to happen again in the fall is just...well, it's shit icing on a septic tank cake.

We are going to hurt from this no matter what. The hurt won't be permanent. We just need to fucking endure for a tiny little bit, then things will eventually settle back down. This isn't the first national level quarantine we went through. The Spanish Flu was, by all metrics, considerably worse, and we recovered from it in 2 years. Why freak out now?

Chakat sex pillow
    So, if it wasn't already blindingly obvious, arguing logic with someone who's arguing from a place of blind irrational panic is the kind of thing social media exists for.

The thing is, jk isn't arguing a violation of personal liberties. He's justifying his actual core problem, which is 'muh moneys', with the fallacy of what he thinks his rights are in an emergency. And you know, I get why his idea of saving his own bacon is essentially committing voluntary manslaughter, because it's coming from a place of selfish idiocy.

But the problem is, not only does jkretarda not understand how a single case can cause a recurrence of an epidemic, but his casual waving away of the disease -- which, as of today, still has no cure -- with his justification that it's okay if some people die as long as he gets to keep his house means that there's a core violation of everyone else's personal liberties coming from that when they cross paths with him. Everyone has a right to live, and anyone that threatens that is a bigger problem than the right to have a job. It's a simple matter of societal priority, which seems to elide his lizard brain over and over again.

If this is the kind of person who votes Trump, we suddenly understand how the politics work, because this congenital lack of critical thought means it's easy to manipulate people into believing completely contrary things at the same time. Considering how insultingly simple this situation is -- it's not even steeped in the actual layers of civic and communal complexity other countries have -- it's a pretty damning state of affairs you guys have let yourselves slide into.

BANNED
    1.Here's the thing about it. Yeah, the quarantine will hurt the economy, will probably force some people out into the streets. The thing is, doing nothing will end up with considerably larger numbers of dead, a swamped healthcare infrastructure, which will hurt the economy, and will probably force some people out into the streets. We're in a lose lose situation, so we may as well take the loss that doesn't have quite as much hurt in it.

2 By this point, opening the economy now or two months from now isn't going to make much of a difference. The damage has already been done, so we may as well continue on the current path, rather than jumping the gun too soon, and risking another outbreak.

3.The fact that this is probably going to happen again in the fall is just...well, it's shit icing on a septic tank cake.

4.We are going to hurt from this no matter what. The hurt won't be permanent. We just need to fucking endure for a tiny little bit, then things will eventually settle back down. This isn't the first national level quarantine we went through. The Spanish Flu was, by all metrics, considerably worse, and we recovered from it in 2 years. Why freak out now?
    1. now you are the one projecting. no where did I say "do nothing", shit as mentioned I was with you for the first two weeks.
    2 disagree, we have hurt too many people to the point they will end up homeless and fucked along with their children.
    3 there is nothing stopping that shit show. maybe we can hire those nurses back and get things handled since for the first time in history there are a bunch of unemployed nurses.
    4. I hope I am wrong but I still see suicides outnumbering chinese virus deaths. 30 million unemployed and thousands of businesses closing forever, that along with the TRILLIONS we are going into debt. if that does not freak you out then what will? we are fucking ourselves and our grand children to eternal debt.

Moderator and Priest
    I'm not gonna say that JK is being selfish here exactly. He's just not looking at the full scope of things.

We're facing a disease that we know very little about. It's far from being the deadliest disease ever, but it's bad enough to raise some potential havoc in the near term. He's thinking it's not that big of a dead. X amount of dead and infected in Y amount of time is just...bleh. You know about what we get in the flu. He doesn't seem to want to acknowledge that the initial response is the reason why the numbers are so "mediocre."

We've seen what happens when you don't think this seriously. It looks like Italy. It looks like Spain. It looks like New York City. It can be pretty fucky.

But he has a point in that people NEED to work. Bills are due. Rent is due. Food needs to be put on the table.

...so what can you do? Pretend it's not a problem, send everyone to work, risking the lives and health of millions of people on the hopes that maybe it won't be that bad in the long term, or do we quarantine everyone in, preventing them from earning money to feed and clothe their families on the hopes that maybe it won't be so bad in the long term?

No matter which path you choose, you risk a failure state. It is a situation with no happy medium, no success state. We're forced to sacrifice our lives, or our livelihoods.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    So, if it wasn't already blindingly obvious, arguing logic with someone who's arguing from a place of blind irrational panic is the kind of thing social media exists for.
    please consider not having a mirror so close when you post.
    here let me fix the rest for you.

The thing is, Sulphur isn't arguing a violation of personal liberties. He's justifying his actual core problem, which is 'muh fear of people earning a living', with the fallacy of what he thinks his rights are in an emergency. And you know, I get why his idea of saving his own bacon is essentially committing voluntary manslaughter, because it's coming from a place of selfish idiocy. (voluntary manslaughter damn I got nothing there since that is so far the fuck out, how fuck will that happen if YOU are in YOUR home? am I coming in? no? then????)

But the problem is, not only does Sulphuretarda not understand how people earning a living and keeping a roof over their head will keep them healthy ,............ (fuck , back to work...)

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    1. now you are the one projecting. no where did I say "do nothing", shit as mentioned I was with you for the first two weeks.
    Thing is, this won't just go away in two weeks. Like the Spanish Flu, it's here for at least a year. If you think things are good enough, you risk an outbreak again, putting us right back at square one. The previous sacrifice was made in vain, and we gain nothing.

2 disagree, we have hurt too many people to the point they will end up homeless and fucked along with their children.
    Think of it like this: it's not as bad as what we faced in 2008. That was an internal market error that remained uncorrected for too long, and all but crashed our economy when the error became too big to ignore. This? It's an external force temporarily suppressing an otherwise healthy market.

...we're more likely to recover from this more quickly than we did the Great Recession.

Chakat sex pillow
    retard spew
    Translation: @!$%???? I NO RED GUD, I GO INFEKT POEPEL BCIS $$$ KTHNX ALSOH UR DUM HAF SUM PUNCTUUSHUN......... ... -- .... / .-.. --- .-.. / .-. . -.- - / .-.. . -- -- . / .-.. .. -.- / -- .- .... / -... .- .-.. .-.. ... / -. --- .-- / --- .... / ... .- .-.. - -.--

edit: for clarity's sake, I'm still operating under the implicit assumption that jk is the most dimwitted troll TTLG has ever seen, and this is my last direct response to him. He only deserves the best, and by the best, I mean ALL DE PUNCTUUUSHUUN.
    Last edited by Sulphur; 20th May 2020 at 14:57.

BANNED
    Translation: @!$%???? I NO RED GUD, I GO INFEKT POEPEL BCIS $$$ KTHNX ALSOH UR DUM HAF SUM PUNCTUUSHUN......... ... -- .... / .-.. --- .-.. / .-. . -.- - / .-.. . -- -- . / .-.. .. -.- / -- .- .... / -... .- .-.. .-.. ... / -. --- .-- / --- .... / ... .- .-.. - -.--

edit: for clarity's sake, I'm still operating under the implicit assumption that jk is the most dimwitted troll TTLG has ever seen, and this is my last direct response to him. He only deserves the best, and by the best, I mean ALL DE PUNCTUUUSHUUN.
    EXACTLY Sulphur, your retard views are one size fits all, YOU know better than anyone else and what YOU should do should be forced down everyone's throat no matter what situation they are in.........

Chakat sex pillow
    I'm not gonna say that JK is being selfish here exactly. He's just not looking at the full scope of things.
    See, you're looking at it from the perspective of his demands being reasonable. But they aren't. The idea that you need an income source right now isn't unreasonable; the problem is, his solution is 'fuck y'all and your policies, imma go do my shit because I got my rights'. I'm not unsympathetic to the problem of people's livelihoods being fucked by this thing, but you don't get to be cavalier about it just because you don't care about the risks involved - you'll get societal pushback, and rightfully so.

But he has a point in that people NEED to work. Bills are due. Rent is due. Food needs to be put on the table.

...so what can you do? Pretend it's not a problem, send everyone to work, risking the lives and health of millions of people on the hopes that maybe it won't be that bad in the long term, or do we quarantine everyone in, preventing them from earning money to feed and clothe their families on the hopes that maybe it won't be so bad in the long term?

No matter which path you choose, you risk a failure state. It is a situation with no happy medium, no success state. We're forced to sacrifice our lives, or our livelihoods.
    The problem is this could have been better contained, so the initial response would have dictated how the economy could open back out in phases. Now that there are containment measures in place, it's getting under control, but the price of that delayed response and cavalier attitudes in general is that this thing will take longer to flatten out.

Having said that, I'd imagine that your lives come before your livelihoods. If Canada and NZ can figure out better solutions, I don't see wh-- okay, you've got Trump. Yeah, sorry, but you're fucked either way.
    Last edited by Sulphur; 20th May 2020 at 15:12.

BANNED
    See, you're looking at it from the perspective of his demands being reasonable. But they aren't. The idea that you need an income source right now isn't unreasonable; the problem is, his solution is 'fuck y'all and your policies, imma go do my shit because I got my rights'. I'm not unsympathetic to the problem of people's livelihoods being fucked by this thing, but you don't get to be cavalier about it just because you don't care about the risks involved - you'll get societal pushback, and rightfully so.

The problem is this could have been better contained, so the initial response would have dictated how the economy could open back out in phases. Now that there are containment measures in place, it's getting under control, but the price of that delayed response and cavalier attitudes in general is that this thing will take longer to flatten out.

Having said that, I'd imagine that your lives come before your livelihoods. If Canada and NZ can figure out better solutions, I don't see wh-- okay, you've got Trump. Yeah, sorry, but you're fucked either way.
    holy shit there is yet hope for you, lunch. we are BOTH making one mistake here that I just caught. give me a few minutes.

Moderator and Priest
    EXACTLY Sulphur, your retard views are one size fits all, YOU know better than anyone else and what YOU should do should be forced down everyone's throat no matter what situation they are in.........
    Thing is, your own argument is forcing a situation down everyone's throats. Forcing people to go to work, risking their health to afford living isn't any better than forcing people to stay home, and risking their livelihoods.

The notion that we should let the people work who want to work, and let those stay home who want to isn't workable. The situation will only serve to create the worst case scenario, where a bunch of people get sick, our hospitals are swamped, the economy still takes a beating, and people still lose their jobs and houses. It's fucky no matter what we do, and no one seems to be looking for a 3rd solution here.

I mean, we could be doing what some of the European countries are doing, freezing the economy, paying people 80% of their normal pay over two-three months, and trying to guarantee their jobs as best as humanly possible. Their budgets will take a beating in the short term, and there will be some lost jobs, but they'll probably bounce back pretty quick.

...that seems better than our "Here's a month's rent, after this, we're gonna shunt you out the door, and hope for the best" approach.

BANNED
    Sulphur & Judith, Nick?? anyone else NOT in the US. what YOU do in YOUR countries is YOUR problem, I am NOT suggesting things change for YOUR respective countries, if what your countries are doing is working out for YOU? then AWESOME. if not? then that is between you and your the govt of your country, my apologies for not specifying US policy.

Renz, got limited time, I'll address your post in a bit. CAN you and Suphur jump to the post where I have suggested anything specific? cause I think I am yet to do so.
    Last edited by jkcerda; 20th May 2020 at 15:59.

BANNED
    1.Thing is, your own argument is forcing a situation down everyone's throats. Forcing people to go to work, risking their health to afford living isn't any better than forcing people to stay home, and risking their livelihoods.

2.The notion that we should let the people work who want to work, and let those stay home who want to isn't workable. The situation will only serve to create the worst case scenario, where a bunch of people get sick, our hospitals are swamped, the economy still takes a beating, and people still lose their jobs and houses. It's fucky no matter what we do, and no one seems to be looking for a 3rd solution here.

3.I mean, we could be doing what some of the European countries are doing, freezing the economy, paying people 80% of their normal pay over two-three months, and trying to guarantee their jobs as best as humanly possible. Their budgets will take a beating in the short term, and there will be some lost jobs, but they'll probably bounce back pretty quick.

4....that seems better than our "Here's a month's rent, after this, we're gonna shunt you out the door, and hope for the best" approach.
    1. I am NOT forcing anything on anyone, those who can afford to stay home by all means should do so, got to say the only thing I miss are theaters and that in it of itself is not the end of the world, what I DON'T support is the current level of bullshit where people are getting fined and put in jail for trying to make a living based on THEIR circumstances. your fear should NOT have that much control over my rights.

2. yes it is, we are free to go to the market if we need anything, plenty have been going to work w/o much problems, any yob that provides for a family is essential to THEM. if the city chooses to keep parks/beaches and other areas controlled by the cities closed then I don't have much of a problem with that. they do need to fuck off and let the people go to work .

3 fucking socialist, I knew it............................ wait we tried that and many did not get the loan and some are turning in the loan because of all the bullshit it in. like I said my boss is looking to return it and obviously having 30 million unemployed and counting means plenty did not get the loan to begin with.

4 we got 1200 bucks, great in Alabama and a joke in CA/NY/IL.

Page 88 of 118 FirstFirst ... 384348535863687378838485868788899091929398103108113 ... LastLast