TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Small resolution (640 x 480 x 32)

Small resolution (640 x 480 x 32)

Hello,

I got feedback that my missionīs resolution was only 640 x 480 x 32 when beta tester tried it. I didnīt have that problem myself and I could play the mission with 1920 x 1080 x 32 resolution.

Does anyone have a clue why would this happen?

Master Builder 2018
    For the record, I'm testing this also and didn't have that problem which leads me to suspect the problem lies with that tester's setup. I'm playing at 1680 x 1050 x 32 and my resolution didn't change.

I tried it too - my resolution did not change. I didn't even know it was possible for an FM to change your screen's resolution.

Im the tester in question and of course it could be my set up. I reinstalled W10 about a month ago but I do a lot of testing with new, manually made, dmls and often replace scripts and other files when we are checking out issues but always on advise of Jax, who definitively knows what he is talking about.

At this moment I'm not inclined to reinstall T2 but this change in resolution is something I have never come across before so thought is best to bring it to the attention of the wider Droming community to see if anyone had any ideas what may have caused this.

PS. Have probably installed and played at least 10 missions since I last replaced any scripts on Jax advise and the mission in beta is the only one that raised a concern.

If a resolution command like 'game_screen_size 640 480' was included in a packaged .cfg file, it would work.

I donīt know how a command like 'game_screen_size 640 480' could have gone into the package. I havenīt used any commands for resolution.

@ DirkBogan

zappen suggested something similar, asked me to check any .cfg files.

Strange one this but guess a reinstall of T2 is needed, if it happens again on clean install ill let you know.

I'm thinking that if the screen_resolution line is missing from your cfg files then Thief might be defaulting to 640x480.

I found some information about screen size (from cam.cfg.):
    - game_screen_depth 32
    - game_screen_size 1920 1080

And the majority of testers havenīt got screen resolution problems. So I think it should be fine.

Fortuni just out of curiosity, what is your screen resolution set at in Windows? I'm sure you would have noticed this, but I'm just trying to cover all of the bases... Is your Windows not using the default video driver?

Was set at 1920 x 1080

Once I had reset the resolution i installed beta2 the resolution remain at 1920x1080 so looks like it could have been just one of those odd anomalies we all experience once in a while.