TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Announcing Thief 2: The Metal Age 20th Anniversary Contest - Mar 23-27, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Yes, those two I know of and what I hear about Nicked's mission is that it is a doozy. I don't know of any other FMs on the horizon but that doesn't mean there aren't any out there about to be released.
    Sounds great! The screenshots for "My favourite year" are also promising!

is there anywhere a voting of this fm's ?

Come on! The answer to this question is written in RED in the first post.

sorry

Awesome, can't wait to play this new FM and the other remaining fan missions expected to be released tomorrow hopefully if things work out.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    We have a new submission, My Favorite Year by Morendrum! It is available on the download pages and its dedicated mission thread is here.

Cool, thanks for letting me know. I do notice that a few of the FMs are downloaded into .7z files instead of .zip files. I did create, extract and put those FMs in the .zip folders to avoid confusion of the file type.

Any of the modern loaders will install from a .7z file just fine, there's no need to do that.

Any of the modern loaders will install from a .7z file just fine, there's no need to do that.
    Ok, thank you.

The final two missions I was expecting are now released, giving us a total of 11 submissions! All things considered, it's a strong turnout. I never thought we would duplicate the amazing output of the TDP20AC, and I told skacky from the beginning that if we get 10, I'll be happy and consider the contest a success. Now go play these missions and vote starting tomorrow!

Awesome, I'll go check them out right now. Happy taffing taffers!

A few words;
    First, I would like to say THANK YOU to everyone who participated in these two huge, year-long contests. Even if the turnout for this one was half of what we got for the Thief 1 contest, as Yandros said it is still a great turnout that shows that the Thief community is still going strong 22 years after the release of the original game back in 1998. These contests even managed to bring back a few people to DromEd after a long hiatus, such as Melan or Balboa.

Second, I would also like to thank the newcomers who have released their first mission during the contests. This can be intimidating because quite a few big names also entered, but you showed us you weren't afraid to tame the DromEd beast and participate in a friendly competition. I hope to see more missions from you in the future!

Third, I would like to thank Yandros who handled this contest like a pro, since I have taken a backseat compared to the previous one due to various commitments. I would also like to thank Brethren for graciously hosting the missions on Southquarter, and to Al_B for the voting forms which will be made available very soon.

Last, I would like to thank the community at large for encouraging mission authors to carry on with their missions, be it here on the forums or on Discord, etc, and also other people who may rarely post but do contribute a lot to make these contests and fan missions in general more visible to the public (I'm especially thinking of Trevor Whalen who writes for TechRaptor).

These have been two incredible anniversaries to commemorate two incredible games.

Thank you all for your time and these excellent missions

The next Thief Tafferversary will be the final game in the series excluding Thief (2014) (which didn't even get one single fan mission), Thief Deadly Shadows which will be in 2024 for the 20th anniversary for that game. Unfortunately, that is the least of the Thief games that didn't get a lot of praise or recognition and therefore, we may or may not get any fan missions or a contest going for that game in the Thief franchise, but I will still keep my fingers crossed for something big to happen.

You can now vote here: https://www.ttlg.com/polls/T2Anniversary

Thanks to Al_B for setting up the voting page for us again this time!

Wow, has it really been 20 years?

Keep up the awesome work!

So are you guys saying all I need is this latest T2 fixer (1.27b) and a raw T2 install to be good to go? I have collected so many scripts and crap over the years Id love to just delete them. Aside from the c++ thing and the direct x I am sure I already have.

Yes, vanilla T2 and T2Fix to patch it to NewDark is all you need. I recommend you uncheck any optional components in T2Fix.

The timing couldn't be better! Thanks to everyone who makes FM's and keeps the game alive! If anyone wants to help put together a prize pool I would donate.

Is it possible to turn on subtitles in these missions?

Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    Is it possible to turn on subtitles in these missions?
    Yes, it's possible. Just enable it through the USER.CFG file.

But that will do nothing unless the authors created subtitles for their mission, and I doubt any did so.

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    If anyone wants to help put together a prize pool I would donate.
    I second this.

But that will do nothing unless the authors created subtitles for their mission, and I doubt any did so.
    Grandmauden did.
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Oh cool, good to know. I will add a note to that effect in the mission thread.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast