TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Announcing Thief 2: The Metal Age 20th Anniversary Contest - Mar 23-27, 2020

Actually, the subtitles for the new Garrett quotes in my mission are on by default. I didn't implement NVScript in this one, so I just used the old-fashioned method of frobbing a plaque with the subtitle written on it whenever Garrett speaks.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmike1489 View Post
    Yes, it's possible. Just enable it through the USER.CFG file.
    Do I have to put ;enable_subtitles in the USER.CFG file?
    Are there any instructions how to do it for Thief Gold and Thief 2 v. 1.27?

Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    Do I have to put ;enable_subtitles in the USER.CFG file?
    Are there any instructions how to do it for Thief Gold and Thief 2 v. 1.27?
    Simply uncomment the ; to enable subtitles. So, it would look like this:

enable_subtitles

without the ; next to it.

Both Thief Gold and Thief 2 can be done the same way.

Is it just me...or do some of the missions not download as ZIP files? A few of the missions appear as page files for me and don't function as fan missions....

Also...thank you everyone for all the time and effort you put into this. I've been playing Thief all my life and for me...it's more than a game...it's therapy. I am currently considered "essential" by the powers that be and daily have to venture out into this chaotic world. Coming home to play missions made by this community is what my brain needs!

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Some of the missoins are in .7z format instead of .zip, but that shouldn't matter if you are using a modern mission loader. Old Darkloader will not recognize them.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmike1489 View Post
    Simply uncomment the ; to enable subtitles. So, it would look like this:

enable_subtitles

without the ; next to it.

Both Thief Gold and Thief 2 can be done the same way.
    But I don't have this line in USER.CFG file at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    But I don't have this line in USER.CFG file at all.
    It's now in the cam_ext.cfg file in your Thief 2 game folder, at least it is on my installation after running the latest T2Fix 1.27b. Scroll down to the end and it's the last entry.

Originally it looks like this enabled:

; enable and configure subtitles
    enable_subtitles
    subtitles_bg_color 0 0 0 0
    movsubtitles_bg_color 0 0 0 0

To turn off, change it to this and then save the file:

;enable_subtitles

Have all contestants provided their missions? Will be more FMs or this is all?

The deadline was the 27th, so yes everything has been submitted.

I do believe some authors, like Nicked and Jarlfrank, will be releasing missions soon(ish), that were originally intended for the contest, so stay tuned for those.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahenjo View Post
    It's now in the cam_ext.cfg file in your Thief 2 game folder, at least it is on my installation after running the latest T2Fix 1.27b. Scroll down to the end and it's the last entry.

Originally it looks like this enabled:

enable_subtitles

To turn off, change it to this and then save the file:

;enable_subtitles
    I didn't have these lines in cam_ext.cfg. So I copied these lines for enabled subtitles and pasted them at the end of cam_ext.cfg file.

If those didn't exist in your config file, it probably means you haven't run T2Fix with a recent version of NewDark. Do you manually patch the game .exe file or do you use T2Fix?

IMPORTANT: An update to Feast of Pilgrims is now ready which addresses the crash issue a few people were having. It is highly recommended that you download the update. If you are currently playing the mission, you can continue but your saves may become corrupted if your session goes over 3 hours or so. To take advantage of the fix, you will have to start a new game after installing the updated version.
    Last edited by Yandros; 31st Mar 2020 at 17:44.

I finally beat all entries. That was a journey. Before contest I was really worried that there will be only city missions presented, but luckily there is still few non city missions. Thanks to that there is a variety of themes. I played on Tafferpatcher and didn't change my minimal audio settings. I didn't notice any technical problems either. And I had a lot of fun. Good job to all FM creators and organizers of this contest.

Best missions for me are: Builder's Paradise (best scored), Into the Odd (not far behind) and Show Off! (which is also my favorite). Worst scored mission is Ten Little Taffers. If it would present only Garrett's path score would be higher, because other difficulties are underdeveloped. But my least favorite is Mission 1 of GORT's entry. GORT's entry didn't score the worst only because Mission 2 is much better.

My top 3:
    1. Fierce Competition
    2. Where the Unknown Lurks
    3. Show Off

As you can tell classic city & mansion missions are my favorite.

The following missions have been updated to v1.1 to add support for French translations (they contain no bug fixes):
    • Fierce Competition
    • My Favorite Year
    • Troubling Transitions
    • Where The Unknown Lurks

Announcing Thief 2: The Metal Age 20th Anniversary Contest - Mar 23-27, 2020

Also just finished all missions. For me there are 3 and then there’s the rest. Builder’s paradise, Into the odd and feast of pilgrims are in a league of their own. After those 3 there is a big drop in quality and creativity

Thief has been one of my favorite series since its release. It's still a compelling, unique experience I revisit every few years, usually predicated by a visit to the ttlg forums. So here I am, checking in again, and I find this amazing community and fans authoring new missions. It's truly incredible! I can't wait to jump back in. Thanks all!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123