TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Announcing Thief 2: The Metal Age 20th Anniversary Contest - Mar 23-27, 2020

My top 3:

1. Into the odd (one of the most mind blowing missions I have ever played)
    2. Feast of Pilgrims (best rooftop mission ever made I think)
    3. Where the unknown lurks

How does the voting happen and when is the deadline for voting? Sorry if I'm asking for info that is already in this thread but I somehow missed it while scanning through, is it just posting in this thread with top 3? I've only gotten around to play a few of the missions so far so hope I didn't miss the voting already

Go to the first page of this thread and read through the contest announcement. Almost in the end of this announcement is the link where you can vote. The deadline is June 28, 2020.
    Last edited by Lord Taffer; 24th Apr 2020 at 02:04.

Completed the last of the 11 missions today and submitted all my votes. I had limited myself to playing one mission per week. This was perfect. I was looking forward each week to play the next mission when I had a day off.

Overall, the quality of the submissions was high: On a scale from 1 to 10, my average rating was 7.2/10.

I would like to thank the organizers of the contest, all authors, betatesters, and anyone else who helped making this a success!

Biggest surprise
    Troubling Transitions by Psych0sis
    I was absolutely floored by the quality this mission. This is a huge leap forward in size and detail after the author's first release Dewinder Manor from 2018.

Best new author
    Skejven with Where the Unknown Lurks
    Excellent first effort! This is a compentent and engaging mission with some nice details and apparently some large optional areas that I missed on my first playthrough.

Best puzzle
    The Builder's Paradise by Children of Endeavour
    Shutting down the forsaken factory is an incredibly involved but not too convoluted puzzle.

Best character drama
    Fierce Competition by Jayrude
    Even as a subplot, the failing marriage between Fred and Elisabeth manages to be both believable and memorable.

Best story twist
    Show Off by Grandmauden
    The twist at the end elevated what would otherwise be a standard museum heist.

Best rooftops
    Feast of Pilgrims by Random_Taffer & marbleman
    One of the best Thief rooftops missions ever released.

Most unusual
    Ten Little Taffers by Balboa
    I never played a mission quite like this. Balboa dared to design a scenario that pushes the boundaries of what can be scripted for the engine.

Most subversive
    My Favorite Year by Morendrum
    Nope, I'm not even gonna comment. I won't spoil it here, but I still laugh when I think about that moment.

Funniest journal
    The Pursuance of an Inscrutable Reciprocity by GORT
    The note in the second mission about "thy droppings" is the funniest thing I read in the whole contest.

Scariest room
    Into The Odd by Croissantine & Die Fugger
    Huh? Why is that door walled off? Why does this room feel so creepy? What is coming out of... aaaAAAH...

Deadliest trap
    Time For Change by Lord Taffer
    I would like to know if there is a single player that was not caught by the mine in Lady Brenegart's torture chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Deadliest trap
    Time For Change by Lord Taffer
    I would like to know if there is a single player that was not caught by the mine in Lady Brenegart's torture chamber.
    I actually laughed out loud when reading this, cause I sure as hell fell for this trap

My top 3:
    1. Feast of Pilgrims: The best rooftop FM iīve ever played.
    2. Troubling Transitions: So enjoyable to explore.
    3. Show Off: A museum. Says everything.

Canīt wait to see the results end of June & a big thanks to all of the awesome authors and the efforts they put into this.

My top 2:

1: Builder's Paradise
    2: Feast of Pilgrims

I've played Feast of Pilgrims and Builders Paradise (both amazing) and I'm having trouble picking my next one. I'd love a trippy, pagan style mission right now, would anyone have a suggestion of one out of the remaining FM's?

You're saying it that way like you have a hundred FMs to choose from. Just take the next from the list.

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    I've played Feast of Pilgrims and Builders Paradise (both amazing) and I'm having trouble picking my next one. I'd love a trippy, pagan style mission right now, would anyone have a suggestion of one out of the remaining FM's?
    Into The Odd comes the closest to this description.

Quote Originally Posted by vfig View Post
    Into The Odd comes the closest to this description.
    Thanks!

My prediction for the winner of this contest, based on all the comments I read so far: Feast of Pilgrims.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Reminder that the voting ends on Jun 28th at midnight US Pacific Daylight Time.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    My prediction for the winner of this contest, based on all the comments I read so far: Feast of Pilgrims.
    Iīd be pleased if thatīs the case cause itīs my personal favourite, but I think itīs a close one between feast of pilgrims, the builderīs paradise and into the odd canīt wait for the results

I have received a preliminary release of the voting results, and I want to urge everyone to vote who has not already (which includes myself), because only 0.15 points separate 4th-5th-6th places, and 5th-6th are only separated by 0.003 points! Literally either of them getting one more vote could reverse their positions, and either of them could take over 4th place with a few strong votes in the last days. So go have your say and vote!

Just so everyone knows, I am on vacation, and may not get the results of the voting posted right away on the 29th. Plus I have to actually be given the final data before I can start that process, so I ask for everyone's patience once the voting is over. It might be 24 hours or more after the deadline.

CONTEST TIME! We share our thoughts and opinions about the Thief 2 – 20th Anniversary Contest and discuss all the missions that were released for that contest. It was a very interesting discussion and it’s the longest episode so far. We are aware that maybe some of our opinions might seem a bit unfair, but please taffers, listen to our explanations. We appreciate every entry of the contest but a contest has to have ratings and individual opinions. Please share your thoughts about the contest with us here!

Available on Spotify, iTunes and every PodcastApp or DIRECTLY HERE

Contest Link on TTLG

Contest Rules on TTLG

Thief Podcast - Inside at Last Megathread >>> https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149898

Seems the voting just ended . Was it not until 11:59pm EST tomorrow (sunday) night?

Yes, there was some confusion between me and Al. It should hopefully come back up soon for last minute voting.

Nice video Supremcee! Interesting discussions there! This contest was fun and motivated a lot of people to launch missions. I like to see a big contest like this every year, with all the well known authors taking part, with new authors pushing their ambition in search of celebrity and all that stuff. We can call it "Thief Birthday Anniversary" or something.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Psych0sis View Post
    Seems the voting just ended . Was it not until 11:59pm EST tomorrow (sunday) night?
    Apologies - the voting system automatically closed at midnight UTC. I've re-opened it to allow any votes that were missed and will close it at 1pm EST.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Dromed View Post
    Nice video Supremcee! Interesting discussions there! This contest was fun and motivated a lot of people to launch missions. I like to see a big contest like this every year, with all the well known authors taking part, with new authors pushing their ambition in search of celebrity and all that stuff. We can call it "Thief Birthday Anniversary" or something.
    Thank you! If there would be a contest like this every year the submissions and the quality will go low as a burrick I think, even the gap between TDP20AC and this one was maybe to small

Agreed, 2 back to back contests was probably asking authors to go the extra mile but we could consider a 25th Thief anniversary?

That's 4 years done the line and if I could make a suggestion that on that anniversary contest entrants could choose to make either a TG or T2 mission, the contest would celebrate the longest ever franchise of any game in the history of computer gaming, and regardless which engine the author chooses to use, the bottom line would be a shared passion celebrated by everyone.

I have a few ideas for contests, including one for TDS' 20th but I'm not sure if I'll go through with it. The basic idea was to make a mission for Thief 1 or 2 but in the style of TDS, so any custom resource would be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    the contest would celebrate the longest ever franchise of any game in the history of computer gaming
    How's that again?

So who is the winner?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast