TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Announcing Thief 2: The Metal Age 20th Anniversary Contest - Mar 23-27, 2020

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Just so everyone knows, I am on vacation, and may not get the results of the voting posted right away on the 29th. Plus I have to actually be given the final data before I can start that process, so I ask for everyone's patience once the voting is over. It might be 24 hours or more after the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    the contest would celebrate the longest ever franchise of any game in the history of computer gaming
    Wait, you mean missions based on SMB franchise? What an awesome idea.
    Last edited by Galaer; 28th Jun 2020 at 16:58.

As I mentioned in the Podcast - I had the idea why not take the Story and Objectives of an Original Mission and let authors build their interpretation of the Enviroment. For Example, Builders Paradise could also have been a Great "Soulforge"....or Eavesdropping in a totally new Envirmoment, maybe with the possibility to watch the dialogue of truart and karras from a hidden spot etc....this would give the authors a specific limitation but on the rest they are free to build. Imagine a new Version of "The Sword"

Classic Thief Experience Contest of 2008 was exactly that. But also with a limit on everything custom.

Quote Originally Posted by marbleman View Post
    Classic Thief Experience Contest of 2008 was exactly that. But also with a limit on everything custom.
    but wasn't that to edit the original missions? I mean building a totally new level from scratch with the theme of a OM in mind

EDIT: just checked.... you were right still a great idea

No, they were all made from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Supremcee View Post
    but wasn't that to edit the original missions?
    You're thinking of the two "Reloaded" contests.

Ah right, thank you buddy!

Next contest should be shorter and more confined in scope. Either a size or time restriction. That or just a more specific theme with a smaller build time required.

Quote Originally Posted by Psych0sis View Post
    Next contest should be shorter and more confined in scope. Either a size or time restriction. That or just a more specific theme with a smaller build time required.
    I wonder what Morendrum has to say about that

Quote Originally Posted by Psych0sis View Post
    Yeah, I think a 48-72 hour contest could be good. Then in 2022 a “tenth anniversary of New Dark” contest would be awesome!

I am now feeling very, very old.

Quote Originally Posted by trefoilknot View Post
    (...) Then in 2022 a “tenth anniversary of New Dark” contest would be awesome!
    Yes! It should be called "Pushing the limits!". Main rule: Custom resources mandatory!

Quote Originally Posted by trefoilknot View Post
    Yeah, I think a 48-72 hour contest could be good. Then in 2022 a “tenth anniversary of New Dark” contest would be awesome!
    a New Dark contest actually sounds really great! I like that

I would like to see a contest inspired by seasons and weather. I think something similar was organised for The Dark Mod.

Oh then Psych0sis will submit 3 Rainmissions!!!! but seriously, I like the idea

The only requirement would be to include some connection with a particular season such as weather effects (rain, fog, snow) or elements of storyline. I would say that we need more autumn missions that aren't necessarily Halloween-based.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345