TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: TMA20AC Mission — The Builder's Paradise (Mar 24, 2020)

This happens on older versions of NewDark, that don't support squirrel.osm. Update your install to NewDark 1.27, and ensure that squirrel.osm is in your install directory.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyph1208 View Post
    So eeeh?
    Pretty early on there is an elevator shaft (The one where the doors close behind you when you push the elevator button, and the creepy little mechanical child appears in the windown to the control room where you opened the doors to the shaft).
    I called the elevator, but the platform dosn't go all the way to the bottom, it stops at the "bend" in the shaft and just goes back up.... Is this a bug or am I missing something here?
    Seems like an obsolete Newdark problem. Just upload to the latest version and see if it works.

DromEd Archmage
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyph1208 View Post
    I called the elevator, but the platform dosn't go all the way to the bottom, it stops at the "bend" in the shaft and just goes back up.... Is this a bug or am I missing something here?
    The button behind the doors is to go up.
    The call button is upstairs near the lever to open the doors.

Hmm strange, I've run T2Fix (which includes newDark 1.27) on my install (just did it again, as I had previously run it half way through to give some guidance to a friend of mine about T2Fix install settings)
    I checked and squirrel.OSM is in my install directory, yet the problem persists.

Just to confirm, did you restart your playthrough? It may not have made a difference if you loaded a save.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkBogan View Post
    Just to confirm, did you restart your playthrough? It may not have made a difference if you loaded a save.
    Hmm, let me see if I can remember now.... I'm already deep down the re-install road...
    I saw the issue
    I asked my friend who already played the level
    I wrote in here
    I restarted the level
    THEN I read you guys suggestion about NewDark (which should already be ok)
    I then reinstalled T2Fix and tried again (but from a load, not restarting)

Gonna finish reinstall of the whole game and T2Fix in a minute, then restart the level and see...

Quote Originally Posted by FireMage View Post
    The button behind the doors is to go up.
    The call button is upstairs near the lever to open the doors.
    FireMage has it! The problem seems to be unrelated to NewDark...
    Ideed I did miss that there was also a button in the upstairs room to call the elevator all the way down... I hadn't seen it and instead just went down immediately after pulling the lever, pressed the button inside the elevator shaft (which is supposted to move the elevator up).
    Since the elevator wasn't brought down when I pressed the button, it instad moves down to the bend and the goes back upa again immediately.

Sorry to give you the re-install runaround! Another beta-tester had a very similar issue to you, and it was caused by an outdated version of NewDark.

Sorry to give you the re-install runaround! Another beta-tester had a very similar issue to you, and it was caused by an outdated version of NewDark.
    Np, at least I got it working

I'm probably not halfway through the map yet, and I typically don't favor Mechanist missions.. but you may have made a convert out of me. The atmosphere and spook factor in your mission are palpable with excellent pacing of suspense, and environment geared toward exploration.

Loving this so far.. well done Children of Endeavour : )

Quote Originally Posted by Squadarofl View Post
    giant elevator with the throne atop of it
    Ghmm. I really don't understand where it is. I remember 2 elevators:
    1) Near the beginning with a hanged operator (but there is no throne near)
    2) In the "nave" there is an elevator and tribune could be called "throne" but no glass there.

From your other replies, it's possible that you haven't been through the giant doors with Karras' face on it, in the large central part of the Assembling Section. There's a passage underneath the 'K' area on your map; a small yellow bot should be nearby. The giant elevator with the throne is through here, and it is necessary to progression on all difficulties.

Finally finished, and WOW. This mission is amazing, and is one of the most creative FM's I have ever seen. The work that went into this is astounding. I said in a previous post that Mech missions typically weren't my first choice, but now, I will simply pretend that this was the actual big finale for T2.

I'll post more details in the voting thread once I've had a chance to catch my breath from this breathtaking mission. Thank you to the author(s)!

From your other replies, it's possible that
    Thanks. Somehow I was sure that I need first find some way do disable all that machinery before going in there...

The atmosphere of this mission is top notch. The outside area, looking post-apocalyptic from the effects of the necrotic mutox, was done masterfully. It's a great take on an alternate ending for Thief 2. I'm not a big fan of Mechanist themed missions, the last mission from Thief 2 left me with a bit of a sour taste, but I could look past that with this mission, the theme was very well done. The only weird glitch I had was that the zombie guy, Kernel I think, would sometimes go straight to me when I was in complete darkness even if he hadn't seen or heard me before. I also didn't find information on how he got turned into that creature, maybe I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikare View Post
    The only weird glitch I had was that the zombie guy, Kernel I think, would sometimes go straight to me when I was in complete darkness even if he hadn't seen or heard me before. I also didn't find information on how he got turned into that creature, maybe I missed it.
    I had the same thing... He put me off a bit, being kind of spooky, invincible and apparently all-knowing about your whereabouts... He also seemed to appear and dissapear randomly (like.... I literally rand 20 meters away from him, turned around, and he was gone, only to suddenly reappear again later... urgh! )

Yeah, I think him appearing out of nowhere was an intended function and I really liked it, just hearing a door opening behind me when there was no one there before, was very unsettling. Him knowing where you always are when hiding in darkness maybe wasn't a glitch, but intended, I just found it annoying sometimes cause' I wouldn't be able to move without being detected as he just came straight over to me and stood there frozen in front of me.

Has someone found "the source of Elemental power (Birth)"? Where is it?

My darkloader doens't read this mission, i have tried to change the mission zip file but the problem persists. how can i fix this?

DromEd Archmage
    I guess this quote from the main thread post would answer to your question

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    If you are using Darkloader, please update to NewDarkloader, AngelLoader or FMSel. Darkloader is outdated, unsupported and doesn’t work correctly with some NewDark missions.

Thank you Firemage, if neither of those applications work i can always install manually the mission.

Quote Originally Posted by A.Stahl View Post
    Has someone found "the source of Elemental power (Birth)"? Where is it?
    It's in the Cold Chamber, in the kitchen. The key is near Friend Nika's sliced corpse, in the electrical section of the Council Chamber.

Thoroughly enjoying this mission so far!! Great pace, atmosphere, hearing Karras again with a slight alternating Spanish and German accent has been great fun!

Need spoiled - I'm in the Control Room and removed the memory crystal. Where do I find a new one to replace it with?

Quote Originally Posted by HauntHunter View Post
    Need spoiled - I'm in the Control Room and removed the memory crystal. Where do I find a new one to replace it with?
    It's in the Extraction Section, in the locked chest at the lower floor, near the numerous metal crates. You'll need a key to open it.

Whoah what a beast, I think I'm far from finishing this but I just wanted to say that the whole Imagination put into the art and architecture is outstanding. The start is simple but effective but once you enter that elevator and exit at this red fogged area it got me hooked. I am also impressed by the way you made it really look like a destroyed dystopia.....this was very close to a system/bioshock experience and even if I'm not a fan of pure mechanist/machine enemies everywhere missions, this one is the one I will always remember as an great exception to me! Thank you for creating this!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast