TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: TMA20AC Mission The Builder's Paradise (Mar 24, 2020)

Here are some pictures of secret places. Unfortunately I didn't take screenies of the first two(?) secret places in the warehouse.

https://imgur.com/VBrHRL7.png

https://imgur.com/eWACh9A.png

https://imgur.com/amRKHQo.png

https://imgur.com/xUUIar6.png

https://imgur.com/j10HMAY.png

https://imgur.com/IzCJGyJ.png

https://imgur.com/g8E4cEz.png

https://imgur.com/G3V7u2a.png

https://imgur.com/DhV535O.png

https://imgur.com/JrW6mzI.png

https://imgur.com/Av0KKcR.png

Edit: If it doesn't show the pictures -> rightclick -> show picture

Note from Yandros:
    I guess you missed
    Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Please give clues instead of outright solutions when helping others and use the spoiler tag when you do this.
    I fixed the URLs and made your images into links, for several reasons. First of all, if they are pictures of secrets, they should be in spoilers or made into links people have to click on to avoid seeing them if they don't want to (since they're secrets). Secondly, the original images are HUGE and exceed the size limit for embedded images, not to mention there are a lot of them in one post. Please use links and/or smaller pictures in the future if you are embedding (and also when in doubt, use spoiler tags).
    Last edited by Yandros; 29th Mar 2020 at 09:16. Reason: Fixing URLs and making them links

Quote Originally Posted by howeird View Post
    Don't understand.Not sure about Irina's Ledger ? I just have a note/scroll that has Irina name on it. I've been to the security room but don't see a security chamber on the map. I have: Vibrating dust, the eye, water crystal, raw energy, naphatha barrel, and installed blank canister (can't throw switches - they just buzz). Visited Karras. Nothing is happening and don't know where to go or what to do next.
    Can someone please tell me

How do I get:

- Vine
    - Storm

?

I have:

- The Eye
    - Egg of Chaos (Birth)
    - Mask of the Night (Night)
    - Naphtha Barrel (Fire)
    - Purified Water Crystal (Water)
    - Vibrating Dust (Stone)

Please also tell me how/where do I perform the ritual?

Edit: For those who still try to figure out the vibrating boulder thing: At the entrance between Nave and Assembling Section there is a grinder: Throw the boulder in it and take a look downstairs where the watcher is ;-)
    Last edited by Karras35; 29th Mar 2020 at 09:16.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Karras35, I fixed your broken picture links above and made them actual links, as explained in the post. Also, you double-posted twice in a row. Please in the future use the Multi-Quote This Message as needed and keep your responses in a single post.

Karras35

The mission is too big for me to remember where i found everything and i don't keep notes. My total game time was over 5 hrs because i missed one thing (still having lighting issues). Anyways, when i running around trying different things to complete the mission i kept discovering things i missed multiple times and I only found 2 or 3 secrets. I could have finished it in less than 3 hrs if i wouldn't have missed that one thing.

Thx Yandros, I will pay attention to it next time.

I see, I'm also actually done with all the required goals in this mission, but it's a bummer that I can't figure out where I can find the vine and storm elemental. That's why I'm running around since 1 hour, but the only useful thing I found was 1 bottle of wine that I missed. Anyway, I decided to let it go and finish the mission.

I have to say: What a masterpiece!!! This was the first mission of this contest that I played.

I finished on expert after 4 hrs 28 mins - could have finished after 3.5, but I tried to find more secrets and the missing vine and storm elemental. (I still want to have the info though )
    loot: 4496/4771
    secrets: 6/9

5/5 stars

Here are the notes I took during the play-through:

-fascinating setting and level design
    -creepy atmosphere from the beginning
    -enthralling story: At every moment in the game the player is in the center of this absorbing story and it matters what I do->something that makes a very good FM and that only very few accomplish. Many FMs have shallow boring plot that ruins even the most beautifully designed level - but not this one! I like how the villain interacts with the player in different situations in this mission. Big thumbs up!
    -alot of secret areas to explore
    -insane hardcore jumps that are not necessary but are rewarded with amazing secrets
    -beautifully desinged level with alot of love and creativity
    -very good music/ambient sounds
    -terrifying custom enemies
    -challenging quests/good blancing

It's incredible how much work was put into this mission. It's done with so much care, just unbelievable! Children of Endeavour, thank you so much for this! I enjoyed every second of it!
    Last edited by Karras35; 6th Apr 2020 at 05:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Karras35 View Post
    You have to go back to the beginning where the first watcher is, the area where you first encounter the creepy zombie guy. (Is he a "throne"?) You find a blood covered wall with numbers 1-4, remember the arrows. You pass a big hall with what appears to be a giant cannon or looking glass, go up the stairs and pass by the watcher you saw earlier. Behind a door there is the artifact. You need the right position of the switched to reach it.
    Thank you Karras35, I completely missed this place!

Mission finished after 5h30, 4385/4771 loot and 6/9 secrets, I was playing on expert.

A really good mission for me, close to System Shock feelings.
    I share the same pros as Karras35:
    -excellent atmosphere (the best afterworld outdoor I ever seen)
    -very good music/ambient sounds
    -truly good use of custom enemies
    -great architecture, that's the true home of Karras

For the cons, maybe a bit more of directives on certain steps would have been helpful. 5/5 stars.

So one of the ways to stop the production line is water shortage. I did turn four valves at the beginning, so after I discovered this is a goal I went back to the basement to finish the job. Only I cannot find the fifth valve... Could you help me? I have these: 1. At the very beginning of the mission. Just go straight forward from where you started. 2.
    Above the waterfall, on a platform with a dashboard and three levers on it. 3. "All gone" room. 4. Downstairs the nave, picking the left corridor.

Masterpiece FM

Marzec: I think from your description you are missing the valve on the pipes besides the 'starting' elevator double doors near the All Gone hallway, where the plume of rust gas comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Marzec View Post
    So one of the ways to stop the production line is water shortage. I did turn four valves at the beginning, so after I discovered this is a goal I went back to the basement to finish the job. Only I cannot find the fifth valve... Could you help me? I have these: 1. At the very beginning of the mission. Just go straight forward from where you started. 2.
    Above the waterfall, on a platform with a dashboard and three levers on it. 3. "All gone" room. 4. Downstairs the nave, picking the left corridor.

Masterpiece FM
    I also turned some at the beginning, until one made a spooky sound. But I don't know if it's even necessary and where the exact locations are. As far as I understood, you can can also pick an easier way. There#s an area of the factory with 2 parallel production lines that move rubble stones to openings. Under there are another 2 openings. Maybe it wouldn't be good for the facility if something else get's dropped in there...

I also turned some at the beginning, until one made a spooky sound. But I don't know if it's even necessary and where the exact locations are. As far as I understood, you can can also pick an easier way. There#s an area of the factory with 2 parallel production lines that move rubble stones to openings. Under there are another 2 openings. Maybe it wouldn't be good for the facility if something else get's dropped in there...
    Thank you for your reply, Karras. The library guy notes say at least two of three listed methods are needed to destroy the production line. I fed the gizmo with the metallizmo already. So I thought turning off five valves will be easier than turning on unknown number of lights in the factory, but now I have no clue how to do both of them actually.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkBogan View Post
    Marzec: I think from your description you are missing the valve on the pipes besides the 'starting' elevator double doors near the All Gone hallway, where the plume of rust gas comes out.
    Oh gosh, it's totally blended into the background/pipes. That really looks like a work of the Builder himself! Thank you Dirk!
    Last edited by Marzec; 29th Mar 2020 at 18:06. Reason: Replied to DirkBogan

mission undetected by darkloader

ive never had such an error as every mission so far was detected exept this one and favourite year! what in the world causes this and how to fix?

Using Darkloader causes this. Not using Darkloader will fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Orfeus21 View Post
    ive never had such an error as every mission so far was detected exept this one and favourite year! what in the world causes this and how to fix?
    I'm using Angelloader, and I never have problems.

You can find it here: https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthre...ghlight=loader

So is there some reason people still refuse to switch away from Darkloader, a program that's been around since the wheel was invented, and use something else? Even something as simple as FMSel, which comes bundled with TFix/T2Fix?

Is editing a cam_ext.cfg file to remove a single ; in front of a specific line some sort of herculean task?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Brethren's step-by-step tutorial on getting FMSel working: https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140093

I read that the key for the chest with the crystal is in the control room. How do I get up there?

frobbin hood: That key isn't in the area referred to in-game as the 'Control Room'; it's in the command post, with a locked door, in the same Factory Extraction Section as the crystal chest. You can see the key through the glassless 'window' from the walkway, lying on a control panel. You can either climb the terrain on the east side of this command post, or find the ladder attached on its west side.

Sorry, Dirk. I meant command post. However I recognise what you're telling me - but I think that key is called Extraction Manager's key.

Edit: I'ts OK, I understand now. I was expecting the chest key to be labelled as such.

Now I need to know how to get into Karras room to turn the dial. I'm stood outside his door that he tells me can't be forced.
    Also, I have a museum special item key, but can't find a place there to use it?
    Any help appreciated...
    Last edited by frobbin hood; 30th Mar 2020 at 08:04.

Quote Originally Posted by frobbin hood View Post
    Now I need to know how to get into Karras room to turn the dial. I'm stood outside his door that he tells me can't be forced.
    I think you have to exchange the crystal at the entrance of the control room. Then do something with the levers.

I guess you already turned the golden valve of the green pipe near Karras' room?

Quote Originally Posted by frobbin hood View Post
    Also, I have a museum special item key, but can't find a place there to use it?
    Any help appreciated...
    I propose you should go back to the museum and check the room carefully for locks.

Thanks Karras35. I was assuming the valve was IN his room! ans I've just realised where the museum is. Doh!

All done except for finding Storm, and Vine.
    Last edited by frobbin hood; 30th Mar 2020 at 10:30.

DromEd Archmage
    Storm : Check the readable in the lab about some invention able to gather power. It says the location of the item

Vine : Check some black book on an iron crate in the fixing room. It gives you hint about the Vine Item.

Master Builder 2018
    I had already shut down the assembly factory before finding the vibrating rock and the info about it. Is it still possible to crush the vibrating rock, or am I screwed?

DromEd Archmage
    @Tannar : I think Karras has firgured out how to solve this problem.

Edit: For those who still try to figure out the vibrating boulder thing: At the entrance between Nave and Assembling Section there is a grinder: Throw the boulder in it and take a look downstairs where the watcher is ;-)

Master Builder 2018
    Ah, thanks Jordan! I saw that grinder but didn't see anywhere it would come out so didn't try it. But no worries, I loaded a previous save and all is done now.

So how I am supposed to catch a storm into my inventory? Seems like bare hands is not the way and I am missing a hint about it.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast