TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: TMA20AC Mission — The Builder's Paradise (Mar 24, 2020)

Ok... That wasn't the storm I was looking for. The correct one is in a less obvious place but still in generator room.

Stuck again on expert. I have Raw energy canister (Storm), pure water crystal, Naphta barrel (fire), EGG OF CHAOS, and even corrosive water supplies. I've been in the area that opens up right from Karras' room.

I still don't know what to do with these items! I also have the factory key, museum special item key and cold room key. I found the key readables in the security room and the library as well. I threw special metal ore into the grinder. I suppose as a next step I need to turn down five valves in the basement OR turn on every light in the factory. Of course, the basement sounds a bit more friendly. Is this what I need to do?

By the way, guys, Kernel is the most annoying enemy ever, taking into account each and every OM and FM in the Thief universe since 1999. I cannot believe that an actually invicible enemy follows me around to random places.
    Last edited by ticky; 30th Mar 2020 at 18:42.

In the End

Spoiler:Was that Karras at the end in person or an assistant ? A recording at the end or Karras speaking from a remote location ?

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    Stuck again on expert. I have Raw energy canister (Storm), pure water crystal, Naphta barrel (fire), EGG OF CHAOS, and even corrosive water supplies. I've been in the area that opens up right from Karras' room.

I still don't know what to do with these items! I also have the factory key, museum special item key and cold room key. I found the key readables in the security room and the library as well. I threw special metal ore into the grinder. I suppose as a next step I need to turn down five valves in the basement OR turn on every light in the factory. Of course, the basement sounds a bit more friendly. Is this what I need to do?

By the way, guys, Kernel is the most annoying enemy ever, taking into account each and every OM and FM in the Thief universe since 1999. I cannot believe that an actually invicible enemy follows me around to random places.
    Ticky, those items are only for an optional objective that will appear once you will have the artefact

The next step for you is to stop the factory yes. There are 3 things you can do : turn down the valves, turn on every light and put a metal item in the grinder. You need to make 2 of these 3 things.

Quote Originally Posted by FireMage View Post
    Storm : Check the readable in the lab about some invention able to gather power. It says the location of the item

Vine : Check some black book on an iron crate in the fixing room. It gives you hint about the Vine Item.
    Thanks FireMAge.

Vine: I found the Repair Bot and hit it with arrows of various sorts. but there is nothing I can pick up. Found nothing useful in the warehouse as hinted in the readable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavis View Post
    Ticky, those items are only for an optional objective that will appear once you will have the artefact

Thank you. Is that in the museum?

The next step for you is to stop the factory yes. There are 3 things you can do : turn down the valves, turn on every light and put a metal item in the grinder. You need to make 2 of these 3 things.
    Also,
    Are all valves in the basement? Orr are they scattered around everywhere? Are they near the start?

Started to play Le paradis du Créateur yesterday, and I'm feeling a little bit lost. I still couldn't explore the whole map because it seems that I didn't find all necessary keys yet.

Followed the little bot to Karras' throne and massacred all golden slaves with acid arrows. Garrett's comment provoked Karras, that made me smile.
    After that I fortunately found several more canisters with eau corrosive so I'll be able to defend myself but I still feel as at the beginning, because I haven't figured out how to fulfil the principal tasks of this FM.
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

I'm guessing that for the Vine, I need to fire water arrows at the Cleaner Bot with leaves sprouting. but this does nothing. Have I got the wrong idea?

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    Also,
    Are all valves in the basement? Orr are they scattered around everywhere? Are they near the start?
    They're all in the basement yes but one is only reachable from the complex and yes also for your first question I missed the place myself you need to climb up the stairs from the room with the kind of giant cannon

I've finished all necessary objectives (on expert), but i have few questions:
    1. how to stop factory by "incorrect ore"? I've tried to put metal maces and/or bodies into the grinder in the assembling section and boulder grinder in the extraction section with no avail
    2. how to obtain: Vine, Storm and Birth elements? I'm guessing that Birth element is in the cold storage behind double glass doors but i can't find the key (Nika has it?)

Xuio:

Vine: Don't think anyone knows how to get this element. A few people have asked, but no one has an answer!
    Storm: This is to do with power. What area might something like that be stored in? Check for a wall locker.
    Birth: You are correct. Not sure where I found the key - possibly the security room.

Quote Originally Posted by frobbin hood View Post
    I'm guessing that for the Vine, I need to fire water arrows at the Cleaner Bot with leaves sprouting. but this does nothing. Have I got the wrong idea?
    It does indeed when you fire the water arrow, a small piece is ejected from the bot, maybe you didn't see it because its color is rather dark. Look on the ground around you

They're all in the basement yes but one is only reachable from the complex and yes also for your first question I missed the place myself you need to climb up the stairs from the room with the kind of giant cannon
    This is very confusing for me (including all the questions and answers provided throughout this thread). Can you or someone provide a list of these valves, with locations? Because I do find it difficult to find them all, not just because of the confusing layout of the mission, but as I suppose, the color of the valves.

Thank you in advance!!

Wow Pavis! Thank you so much. As you say - so dark, I didn't see anything fly off.
    Mystery solved !

Thanks to You i've found Storm and Vine elements Still missing the cold storage aka Nika's key, i couldn't find it in the security room. And looking to straight forward answer how to stop the grinder in the factory.

Locations of valves

The 5 valves are all visible and of the same shape/color, but I agree that the layout can be a bit confusing. Just turn on right to open and turn on left to close.
    Some pictures are a bit dark, sorry for this, the red arrow shows where is the valve.

• valve 1 The nearest of the starting area, you can see the disabled bot on the right of the picture https://imgur.com/a/0OcXNOt
    • valve 2 Climb out the well to arrive in a room with some water, the valve is right in front of you https://imgur.com/a/I0EwzyO
    • valve 3 In the room with the elevator to access the outsidehttps://imgur.com/a/Z3RpDNv
    • valve 4 In the room close to the hung manhttps://imgur.com/a/whrrTAa
    • valve 5 The last one is the most difficult to access because you need to go through the maintenance area and the warehouse, you will finaly arrive in the location on the picture with a lever on the left side to open a door connected to the basement area https://imgur.com/a/IUkY5W2
    Last edited by Pavis; 31st Mar 2020 at 12:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuio View Post
    Thanks to You i've found Storm and Vine elements Still missing the cold storage aka Nika's key, i couldn't find it in the security room. And looking to straight forward answer how to stop the grinder in the factory.
    I'm sorry I can't remember where I found the key to the cold room but to stop the grinder you will need an helmet of the deep (not sure of the words, I play in french). You can find 2 of them in the kind of storage room (the one with the sloping roof) near the room with the big cannon in the museum

The 5 valves are all visible and of the same shape/color, but I agree that the layout can be a bit confusing. Just turn on right to open and turn on left to close.
    Some pictures are a bit dark, sorry for this, the red arrow show where is the valve.

• valve 1 The nearest of the starting area, you can see the disabled bot on the right of the picture https://imgur.com/a/0OcXNOt
    • valve 2 Climb out the well to arrive in a room with some water, the valve is right in front of you https://imgur.com/a/I0EwzyO
    • valve 3 In the room with the elevator to access the outsidehttps://imgur.com/a/Z3RpDNv
    • valve 4 In the room close to the hung manhttps://imgur.com/a/whrrTAa
    • valve 5 The last one is the most difficult to access because you need to go through the maintenance area and the warehouse, you will finaly arrive in the location on the picture with a lever on the left side to open a door connected to the basement area https://imgur.com/a/IUkY5W2
    Just to clarify, you can get to valve No 5 from the basement area as well.

I'm sorry I can't remember where I found the key to the cold room but to stop the grinder you will need an helmet of the deep (not sure of the words, I play in french). You can find 2 of them in the kind of storage room (the one with the sloping roof) near the room with the big cannon in the museum
    Thank You Pavis! It was the "diving helmet" i was looking for - you need to drop it to the grinder in the extraction section..

Still looking for the cold room key

Quote Originally Posted by Xuio View Post
    Thank You Pavis! It was the "diving helmet" i was looking for - you need to drop it to the grinder in the extraction section..

Still looking for the cold room key

Near the council room, in a weird machinery room

Quote Originally Posted by Squadarofl View Post
    Near the council room, in a weird machinery room
    Thank You! I was there three times at least

Sorry but didn't finish this one after a total of 3 1/2 hours because of missing keys respectively doors/locks/chests I couldn't open. Even after having changed the crystal the levers didn't work as described in the book. Tried to fire on several devices that might be vital for the function of these machineries but alas no effect.

However, Garrett looted 3526/4771 and discovered 6/9 secrets, so he's satisfied and doesn't care about Karras' fate anymore.
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Quote Originally Posted by zappenduster View Post
    Even after having changed the crystal the levers didn't work as described in the book.
    You need to find notes of Irina's in the security room for levers to work.

Is cyborg tracking me important? Because he fell into hole with gears near giant telescope and he can't get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    Is cyborg tracking me important? Because he fell into hole with gears near giant telescope and he can't get out.
    Nope.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast