TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: TMA20AC Mission The Builder's Paradise (Mar 24, 2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    Is cyborg tracking me important? Because he fell into hole with gears near giant telescope and he can't get out.
    Count yourself lucky then!

Is cyborg tracking me important? Because he fell into hole with gears near giant telescope and he can't get out.
    Teach me how to do that!! Would be essential to progress. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Pavis View Post
    The 5 valves are all visible and of the same shape/color, but I agree that the layout can be a bit confusing. Just turn on right to open and turn on left to close.
    Some pictures are a bit dark, sorry for this, the red arrow shows where is the valve.

• valve 1 The nearest of the starting area, you can see the disabled bot on the right of the picture https://imgur.com/a/0OcXNOt
    • valve 2 Climb out the well to arrive in a room with some water, the valve is right in front of you https://imgur.com/a/I0EwzyO
    • valve 3 In the room with the elevator to access the outsidehttps://imgur.com/a/Z3RpDNv
    • valve 4 In the room close to the hung manhttps://imgur.com/a/whrrTAa
    • valve 5 The last one is the most difficult to access because you need to go through the maintenance area and the warehouse, you will finaly arrive in the location on the picture with a lever on the left side to open a door connected to the basement area https://imgur.com/a/IUkY5W2
    Thank you so much! I think I threw the ore in the grinder, and I also heard a special sound after turning all five valves, however, the objective doesn't tick. But I needed to do two things out of three to shut down production, right?
    Last edited by ticky; 31st Mar 2020 at 18:05.

he fell into hole with gears near giant telescope and he can't get out.
    You can consider yourself lucky But maybe he will find a way out.. Who knows...

Edit: @ ticky: check my post #85 for the stop factory objective
    Last edited by Karras35; 1st Apr 2020 at 06:20.

Still on expert, near the end, but confused!

- Karras is defeated. He is dead (he kneeled before a golden child then collapsed). Objective ticked.
    - I already turned 5 valves in the basement and threw ore in the grinder, but the assembling factory objective did not tick off
    - I stole a night mask from the museum, isn't this the secret artefact? Where is that?

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    Still on expert, near the end, but confused!

- Karras is defeated. He is dead (he kneeled before a golden child then collapsed). Objective ticked.
    - I already turned 5 valves in the basement and threw ore in the grinder, but the assembling factory objective did not tick off
    - I stole a night mask from the museum, isn't this the secret artefact? Where is that?
    Throwing ore in the grinder is not what you have to do to stop the factory, you will need to throw a metal thing, see my post #118

The artefact is in the museum, go in the room with the giant telescope and climb the stairs

This is an epic mission, but, I hate horror, so I just want to congratulate the authors

I have 2 questions:

1. Where is Stone Source?
    2. Where is key for Rare Ores Storage?
    Last edited by Galaer; 1st Apr 2020 at 14:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavis View Post
    Throwing ore in the grinder is not what you have to do to stop the factory, you will need to throw a metal thing, see my post #118

The artefact is in the museum, go in the room with the giant telescope and climb the stairs
    Thank you very much. I wonder, if I need to throw the deep dive helmet INTO the grinder, or throw the deep dive helmet somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    Thank you very much. I wonder, if I need to throw the deep dive helmet INTO the grinder, or throw the deep dive helmet somewhere else?
    Have you ever tried hitting a disabled combat bot with 3 overhead blows of your sword?

Quote Originally Posted by Karras35 View Post
    Have you ever tried hitting a disabled combat bot with 3 overhead blows of your sword?
    Well, that answers the (unasked) question of how to get metal debris. But doesn't answer the question of WHERE to put metal object/debris - into the grinder, or somewhere else within the factory?

Review

Finished on Expert. I needed a lot of help. Thank you guys for that.

Please see my end-user review below.

I have a strong memory from the forums when it comes to reviewing missions from and end-user (player) perspective. When Behind Closed Doors by Nicked came out, I had a couple of concerns after playing it, but overall I liked it. Therefore I decided to only mention the positive things in the forums about the mission. However, someone else came and strongly, yet politely criticized the mission, and the author told that criticism is always more useful and more welcome, than straight praise. So, with that in mind, see my review of The Builder's Paradise.

My first impressions were good - even from the start I found this mission really creepy, well built, and a great quality overall. One can feel that really much work was put into the audio environment as well. The section with the "black snow" and the city gone for ever felt exteremly realistic, really scary and gloomy as well. Maybe even a little bit too gloomy.

As one continued to the complex, luckily the atmosphere became less dark, but the player could feel really lonely and isolated as a human there.

During the playthrough, many complex and difficult to fulfill objectives come by with a lot of small little tasks to do in order to proceed.

The sad thing is: the moment I start to enjoy a tiny part-success of an already difficult task towards fulfilling an objective (for example: getting the rare ore), the invicible Kernel appears out of nowhere, and stares at me. And follows me. Everywhere. And I have no quality or thiefy way to avoid him, just run. Run until a location which I think is safe, but a few minutes later He will appear there as well. And kill me. He is the most annoying enemy ever, taking into account eeach and every OM and FM since 1999. Even a part relief from this nightmare would have been nice from the authors, for example giving the player a weapon which can eliminate this creature for 2-3 minutes (not a few seconds), or having a couple of invisiblity potions. An invicible enemy in a well-lit mission with tons of metal floors is not exactly a smart choice.

Despite all the mentioned effort the authors put in this mission, Kernel and the confusing layout of the map are elements that seriously ruin the gameplay and the ability to enjoy this mission. A major letdown. Even after Karras himself is dead, this Kernel f****r shows up to me near the exit, when I start to think I finally won.

However, the story, the readables and the custom creatures overall, and the tasteful audio design are elements that must be appreciated since they are top quality.
    Last edited by ticky; 1st Apr 2020 at 17:26.

Finished in expert: loot 4171/4771, secrets 7/9
    Great mission: huge level, good design, tough enemies... i had several moments when i was lost...

Recommended after mission finish

PS. Please make ending titles with it, in v2.0 after the contest is closed

Mission beaten in 6 hours. Half of this was searching for this one damn key for Rare Ores Storage that looks like only I had huge problem to find. I collected 3520 loot and found 4 secrets. Sneaking through mission is easy, because there isn't too many enemies inside. But atmosphere and story are amazing. The whole complex is gigantic, it's very easy to get lost. Map isn't very helpful, maybe except sewers map, but this area is very linear.

Tracking cyborg is tricky. The first time he fell mysteriously into hole with gears near gigantic telescope. During that time I decided to jump from one storage to another, so I jumped on beam and needed few more tries to mantle on window of second storage. When I returned to room with gigantic telescope, he was in the hole. Unfortunately later after first visit in Karras Quarters he respawned in Break Room, so I needed to run away from him. But cyborg itself isn't dangerous, it's just his ability of tracking me combined with dodging other more dangerous enemies, makes him annoying foe. After completing Irina Plan he vanished, but not forever.

It's possible to respawn him when you enter room with lever code on board near 2 doors leading to Museum. So if you don't want to spawn him, avoid this place. I wonder if it can be used in part where he spawn in the Break Room, so you could stuck him in hole near gigantic telescope. And I have even figured out how to do that:

From room with lever code on board go near passage leading to storage from gigantic telescope. Stand on side of bookcase near hole. Cyborg will try to go to you and he will start walking on grate covering hole. Quicksave and quickload. He will fall through grate into hole.

Overall really amazing mission with interesting puzzles. Good job.

Question about the explosive device: is it an easy way of destroying assembling factory?

I don't think so, but you can try.

I tried, and it was successful - and I don't remember disabling valves or anything

Oh, awesome discovery.

Looks like Explosive charge isn't enough, and turning lights on is still required.

Finished. It may be just me, but somehow it reminded me... System Shock! There are some models which looks like robots from SS2, and some plot elements are suspiciously similar. But may be it's too far.
    Last edited by michael a; 3rd Apr 2020 at 15:50.

After playing part of this mission as the first for the contest and getting stuck (turns out I was missing a lever to open a door), I came back to finish it as the last mission. The atmosphere is unlike any mission I've played, and the new Builder's Children are all interesting in their own way (though the bugbeast looking ones were a bit awkward). It was a little disorienting at times and the map didn't really help much for those situations, but at the end of the day I had fun with it. It's certainly the best looking mission in the contest, and possibly one of the best looking missions of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkBogan View Post
    From your other replies, it's possible that you haven't been through the giant doors with Karras' face on it, in the large central part of the Assembling Section. There's a passage underneath the 'K' area on your map; a small yellow bot should be nearby. The giant elevator with the throne is through here, and it is necessary to progression on all difficulties.
    But where is the entrance to this passage please?

Quote Originally Posted by DirkBogan View Post
    Quick note: if you experience a low frame-rate at the start, see if setting "Sky Detail: Low" helps. A few testers, myself included, found this seriously improved performance on our systems.
    EDIT: If you get lots of static, change your 'hardware acceleration' setting. If it's On, turn it Off. If it's Off, turn it On. Avoid enabling OpenAL -- this appears to create static and possibly crash the game.
    There is a simple fix for this and I did it myself; STOP USING 24BIT OR 32BIT AUDIO FORMATS FFS! It was the same problem in Endless Rain.
    Converting all the files to 16bit 44.1Khz Mono wav files fixed the static issue.
    Seriously, stop using 24bit audio file formats, it's unnecessary, adds to the file download size, adds to the processing that the CPU/Soundcard has to do and, causes static/noise for some people, including me!

EDIT: Or it could be that OpenAL version NewDark is using does not properly support OGG files, I think those are the ones causing the static issue.

EDIT 2: No, Skacky's Endless Rain audio issues was from humair.wav, it's 24bit format, changed to 16bit and the problem goes away.
    Last edited by AluminumHaste; 4th Apr 2020 at 15:52.

Playing on Expert, and I've hit a brick wall. It seems from posts #24, 37 and 39 that I need to access the Security Room, but those posts do not reveal how that is done. My enjoyment of this FM has nosedived. After a very promising start, I have now spent a very considerable time stuck with virtually no in-game help, because I cannot find the passage that leads to the elevator with the throne on it and from there the Security Room.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    I cannot find the passage that leads to the elevator with the throne
    From the entrance to the Factory - go downstairs. There is really only 1 passage leading to Throne Room. Small bot will guide you.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast