TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: TMA20AC Mission — The Builder's Paradise (Mar 24, 2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    From the entrance to the Factory - go downstairs. There is really only 1 passage leading to Throne Room. Small bot will guide you.
    There is no small bot. Where exactly am I supposed to go?

Marbrien: The entrance is in a very central location. It is a giant hallway underneath the giant glass window from which Karras looks out at you. This spot is marked 'K' on your map, east of the Assembling Section. There is a giant orange and marble compass rose looking detail on the ground, and a small bot should be standing there. If there is no bot, and you can still see Karras' giant metal portrait staring at you from this spot, something has gone wrong. This is a door, and it is supposed to open after his opening monologue ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    There is no small bot. Where exactly am I supposed to go?
    Um, maybe first explain where exactly you are.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkBogan View Post
    Marbrien: The entrance is in a very central location. It is a giant hallway underneath the giant glass window from which Karras looks out at you. This spot is marked 'K' on your map, east of the Assembling Section. There is a giant orange and marble compass rose looking detail on the ground, and a small bot should be standing there. If you can still see Karras' giant metal portrait staring at you from this spot, something has gone wrong. This is a door, and it is supposed to open after his opening monologue ends.
    Something has indeed gone wrong. I am standing in front of that door. It is closed and unfrobbable, but makes a metal sound when I hit it with the blackjack. I can hear a combat bot behind it. There may have been a small bot with a headlight in the area in front of that door earlier - now a long time earlier - but I think I disposed of it somehow because I regarded it as yet another potential threat. I assume I cannot now proceed, so this has all been a monumental waste of time. (As it happens, this is now the third mission in the competition which I have been unable to finish because of some sort of bug.)

I'm really sorry that's happened, Marbrien. If it sounds like a bot is trying to get through, that's almost certainly the bot that I mean.

If you've had issues with two other submissions, I'd highly recommend going through the admitted hassle of trying a fresh install. Ensure that it's NewDark 1.27; some of the submissions require it.

I am using Thief 2 Final 1.27 [FMSel 1.1.2]. But I guess a reinstall may be in order. Do I just rerun the latest version of Tafferpatch?

I seem to recall that earlier I heard an announcement from Karras, I think it occurred when I first entered the factory area. But, as I say, there is no bot and the Karras door is shut.

Tafferpatcher hasn't been up-to-date for years! You ought to use T2Fix: https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149669
    Or, if you own the game on GOG.com, you won't need to update anything at all. It comes with the latest version of NewDark pre-installed, without any additional or unnecessary features.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkBogan View Post
    Tafferpatcher hasn't been up-to-date for years! You ought to use T2Fix: https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149669
    Or, if you own the game on GOG.com, you won't need to update anything at all. It comes with the latest version of NewDark pre-installed, without any additional or unnecessary features.
    I meant T2Fix.

Are you sure you don't want a save game in case there is a bug in the FM?

Something has indeed gone wrong. I am standing in front of that door. It is closed and unfrobbable, but makes a metal sound when I hit it with the blackjack. I can hear a combat bot behind it. There may have been a small bot with a headlight in the area in front of that door earlier - now a long time earlier - but I think I disposed of it somehow because I regarded it as yet another potential threat. I assume I cannot now proceed, so this has all been a monumental waste of time. (As it happens, this is now the third mission in the competition which I have been unable to finish because of some sort of bug.)
    I think I know where you are. And no, nothing has gone wrong. It is not a bug. You can not go through that door yet. For this door you need the factory key which you will find later. First you have to go to the throne room with the army of copper soldiers and active 6 cannons and activate the giant elevator with the button on the throne. From up there new areas will become accessible. I think reinstalling the mission will not solve the issue. The challenge however is, to reach the throne alive.

Edit: Actually after checking his savegame, I have to admit there's really something wrong. (Also I thought he was talking about another door, my bad)
    The door to the throne which should be open, is closed. Also the textures and meshes look old. I recommend a fresh install of T2/T2Fix 1.27b and restart of the mission.
    Last edited by Karras35; 5th Apr 2020 at 08:02.

Karras35: you are confusing matters. Marbrien is confirmed to be standing in front of the door with Karras' face on it, which is guaranteed to open after you enter that area for the first time, no matter what entrance.

Marbrien: You can upload a save if you want. I'm not the right person to look into it, sorry to say...

But honestly, if you've had three submissions that couldn't be completed because of miscellaneous issues you've experienced, despite the fact that every submission can indeed be finished (and have been by numerous silent players and commentators here and elsewhere), it's a sure bet that your install is the culprit, not something going awry with these missions themselves.

Thanks, I will give that a try. But there is no Throne Room on the map. How do I get there?

OK, cancel that. It seems from what DirkBogan said I cannot proceed after all.

The maker(s) of Feast Of Pilgrims took a save game from myself and, I think, at least one other player, found an issue, and then put out a new version of the mission, which I haven't tried yet. I think the issue was that saves made after 3 hours of playing were causing crashes.

The author(s) of The Pursuance Of An Inscrutable Reciprocity showed no interest in my problem, but it was clear from the thread that other players had been having issues at the same point in the first mission.

So I don't think it is simply my install.
    Last edited by Marbrien; 5th Apr 2020 at 06:13.

That will be apparent when the door with Karras' face opens.

If you upload a save, I would look into it

Quote Originally Posted by Karras35 View Post
    If you upload a save, I would look into it
    Done. I sent you a PM with a link.

This is really not the place for it, but the issue you experienced with the unpatched Feast of Pilgrims was universal; it would affect everyone if they played for long enough. This door has opened for many other players, so it is not universal. Additionally, metaproperty spam that causes save corruption is a totally different kind of problem from a door not opening for one player, despite opening for many others.

If the issue persists after you make a clean install, perhaps a save-game could be passed on to the authors. It's not my place to say.
    (I apologise if this comes across as rude, I only mean to be as clear as possible )

Mabrien: One more thing. Are you talking about big door with crashed bot under it with sign "Warehouse" near door. There is watcher on the other side, so maybe that's what you hear. As for metal sound - maybe you hit crashed bot. I checked my weapons and there is no hit detection. Basically this door acts like any other wall. On the right from this door is entrance to Factory with sign "Factory: Assembling Section" and that's the correct way. I tried to hit door with my weapons, but again there is no hit detection. There is no way for this door to move or even close.

As for final version of Tafferpatcher - it works perfectly well.

Karras35: Turrets only activate when you disable small bot.

I realise a lot of people have not had the same problem as me with this FM, I can see that from the comments on this thread from all the people who have finished the mission.

But things do get missed in testing. And just because I am the first person to report an issue does not mean I am the only one to have encountered it, nor does it mean I will be the last to do so.

So I have sent a link to a save game to Karras35, because they volunteered to take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    Mabrien: One more thing. Are you talking about big door with crashed bot under it with sign "Warehouse" near door. There is watcher on the other side, so maybe that's what you hear. As for metal sound - maybe you hit crashed bot. I checked my weapons and there is no hit detection. Basically this door acts like any other wall. On the right from this door is entrance to Factory with sign "Factory: Assembling Section" and that's the correct way. I tried to hit door with my weapons, but again there is no hit detection. There is no way for this door to move or even close.

As for final version of Tafferpatcher - it works perfectly well.

Karras35: Turrets only activate when you disable small bot.
    No, I am not talking about the door at the side of the nave with the bot crushed beneath it. I am talking about the door with the portrait of Karras on it, there is a sort of compass design on the marble floor in front of it. That door is closed, unfrobbable, and clangs when I hit it with a weapon.

No, I am not talking about the door at the side of the nave with the bot crushed beneath it. I am talking about the door with the portrait of Karras on it, there is a sort of compass design on the marble floor in front of it. That door is closed, unfrobbable, and clangs when I hit it with a weapon.
    Sorry. I restarted mission to check this matter. First time I was too slow to notice how this door look. Anyway, door should open after Karras will stop talking the first time you enter Factory.

One last thing. My last T2 update was with T2Fix_1.27a. I see there is now T2Fix_1.27b, I will use that to update again.

I have run T2Fix_1.27b, minimal options, changed the audio settings as instructed here, started again. Got back to the factory Assembling Section area as fast as I could, heard Karras's speech, and the door has now opened. Thanks.

So Karras35 send me your save, Mabrien. I'm not Dromeder to know how to solve the issue and I'm aware that you restart mission and made door opened. But if you are curious, I managed to open this door. To do that I went to small room with desk and golden angel painting, very close to the place where you put Vibrant Stone. I went on the edge of window and made difficult jump to north platform with bronze gear above center door. From there I went to Break Room and to Security Room. After grabbing book, Karras spoke and after his speech door to Throne Room opened. I also grabbed Factory key and went there.

First of all small bot is still standing at the middle of hall instead of leaving it. And also turrets are active. Maybe it's because you scared him when you were attacking door. I don't know. So I was forced to strafe forward to avoid shots. I realized that cyborgs are awaken, so I strafe run to Throne Room elevator. When I approach it, I encountered massive lag, which only stopped when I arrived on top floor.

Another thing screwed in your save is Kernel, tracking cyborg. He doesn't move, he doesn't react to Garrett at all and he doesn't react to your attacks (he can't be put on ground by them either). So you kinda have easy mode.

So I'm just guessing that in your old run, scripts weren't loaded correctly. I hope you will not encounter any problems in your next run. Well, maybe except Kernel.

I hate myself for having to ask, but how do I get out of the basement?

Quote Originally Posted by FloraPoste View Post
    I hate myself for having to ask, but how do I get out of the basement?
    Look for an elevator

Quote Originally Posted by Karras35 View Post
    Look for an elevator
    I've looked everywhere! Could you spoil me?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast