TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: TMA20AC Mission Feast of Pilgrims (Mar 24, 2020)

Right, if you don't get Ratteson's scroll in the loadout store, some items in the mission will be useless, and you might be confused as to what their purpose is.

Don't you just love it when you start a new FM and realise that's your weekend taken care of?

I'm so excited for this one, Life of the Party is one of my favourite OMs, the Thieves Highway is the only way to travel

Just started playing this mission when suddenly i hear my voice "Caralho!" i reload the game to see if i was hearing things in my mind, and then i hear again my voice "Caralho!" followed by a glass that broke , checked the credits files and saw i make part of the audio credit list,"los cabrones band member" why this Spanish title ? I am Portuguese, lol do you know what means "Caralho"?

Just finished. I missed almost half the loot as well as most of the bonus objectives (that's just thanks to me forgetting to re-buy the contracts as I said earlier, though I did "do" them without getting credit for it), so I'll be doing a replay sometime soon for sure. I don't think I have any complaints; everything about this mission is good. I even managed to find the surprise on top of Castle Valerius in my search for ingredients.

All in all, this is looking like a really strong contender.

Out of curiosity, what were the maps made with? The Hammerite Pilgrim's Map in particular looked like it might have been done with some RPG map making software, and I'd like to know which if so because it looks really nice.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    The pilgrimage map was made by Tannar for Godbreaker, the campaign for which this mission is the prequel. Tannar also made the game maps for this mission. He is very talented!

The first entry I beat in this contest. It took me over 3,5 hours and I got 4606 loot and found only 2 secrets. First of all mission is good. It has great atmosphere. I really liked these events that happens on street or behind background door. That was a really good idea. On the other hand story feels that it's just there. There was really nothing that really interest me in it.

Gameplay is good. It's a rooftop mission with many choices. Unfortunately for me with too many. I mean at the beginning I get 2 choices. I chose 1 path and I get another 2 choices. So I choose another path to get 3 choices and next path has another 3 choices. And very quickly I forget where I was and where I need to check later. This makes mission confusing. There is good map, but there is no routes displayed. So many times when I wanted to get somewhere, I just got last before finding these places. It took me 45 min to find drill that I saw somewhere earlier in the mission. It's really in random spot on rooftop with guards. I mean what for do they need this drill? It just doesn't make sense. It should be in factory or warehouse, but not on random rooftop.

I also missed contract in the shop somehow. But I managed to complete all it's objectives without knowing about them. I was also disappointed that this annoying fetch quest for ruby gave me no reward. It felt like someone cheated on me.

I also didn't like that there is many doors that looks like they can be opened, but after getting close I realize that they are just background door. You could distinguish them better. The same goes with many books and scrolls lying on desk that aren't frobbable. And I really wanted to read this stuff. I was really surprised when I discovered that monumental cathedral shares the same problems like rooftops. I thought it will be more open place.

Another thing is some awkward jumps. To get to Crypts I needed to fall and mantle on wall below wooden platform in order to survive. Then I dropped on top of tomb and dropped on ground. To get out I mantled on door, then on tomb, then on torch and finally on wall. In the end I roped up to wooden platform. I have no idea how to get to Crypts and get out in other way. Because these ways didn't fell like they were intended.

Another 2 things are more personal. I wasn't fan of you putting rats in places where I can't kill them. I really hate their squeaking. And also light levers confused me. Usually up position means - off and down position means - on. Here is opposite. I wonder why?

The last thing is volume of some conversation and protagonist voice. They are really quiet. You can hear that the best in intro movie where music overpower his voice. I couldn't understand what he was saying. So it would be good to increase volume of main protagonist and some people from custom conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    I was also disappointed that this annoying fetch quest for ruby gave me no reward. It felt like someone cheated on me.
    There is a way to get the ruby from the demon. If it disappeared with him, then you missed an important clue.

So I was able to Ghost this whole mission on expert all pickpockets almost all loot and 4 of the optional objectives enjoyed this much.

I will say, its a little unforgiving at times. I found myself going round in circles, because so much of the mission is built that way.

I literally had to go from map start and back to church again because I missed the potion recipe. and just found myself stuck trying to get back to get it. Maybe Im a map idiot.

It might have been an easier experience to have a more linear route from the mage area to the Church.

As well, when you use the potion its quite easy to miss the Gem. if you don't have your holy water ready.

Outside a few minor things this was fantastic overall great job
    Last edited by Ravenus1; 28th Mar 2020 at 19:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Just started playing this mission when suddenly i hear my voice "Caralho!" i reload the game to see if i was hearing things in my mind, and then i hear again my voice "Caralho!" followed by a glass that broke , checked the credits files and saw i make part of the audio credit list,"los cabrones band member" why this Spanish title ? I am Portuguese, lol do you know what means "Caralho"?
    lol, yeah we changed it up a bit. We thought you'd get a kick out of this character!

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Taffer View Post
    lol, yeah we changed it up a bit. We thought you'd get a kick out of this character!
    Lol the funny thing is that it happened once in real life when i was 20 years in the high school i said that word and other and broke a window of the high school bar.

So far i'm enjoying the mission...

What a fantastic rooftops mission! It gave me a great feeling of "conquering" the Silversmoke district as I took out all the guards and plundered all the buildings. Several times during my playthrough, I saw a place in the distance and thought: "That looks interesting. I hope I can get there soon." Navigating the map was challenging, but the layout was never disorienting or needlessly confusing. After I completed the last objective, I was actually surprised to find out you can travel in almost a straight line back from St. Ives to the starting location.

The mission features several sidequests, but it is left to the player to decide if they want to tackle them. You are free to explore. Nothing beyond the initial objectives is forced.

Other aspects I liked were the quality of the journals you can find along the way (especially the tale of the rich and poor Hammerite novice), noises in the distance that made Silversmoke feel alive (guards fighting burglars, someone chasing a Burrick, glass breaking), and that you get to play as a new character with Conall.

Elements that could be improved are the uneven sound quality of the custom conversations. Otherwise this was a great experience all-around!

For my first playthrough, I played on Normal and ignored all the sidequests. I finished in 3 hours and 4 minutes. Got 3576 of 5938 loot, 2 of 12 secrets.

Amazing, absolutely amazing mission! You guys knocked this way out of the park. This might just be my favorite of the contest. Reminds me of the good old Uncadonego missions but somehow even better, I loved every minute.

I also enjoyed the interesting side plots going on, like the troublemaker breaking windows to get into women's apartments and getting chased around by the Watch guards, and the letter from that Anna lady explaining it all was seriously hilarious! Who did you get to do those screams? Any time I heard them i had to pause the game I was laughing so hard LOL

Anyway, yes this mission is awesome, everyone should play it

How do i get into the appartment where that guy is singing?i need the code to the armory....

Amazing, character-driven mission! Had to play it again because there is so much to see and do, and still more to see even now. It's hard to think of other non-Garrett characters who have been as interesting and fun to play as Conall. Experiencing Silversmoke through his eyes is immersive and full of Thiefy sarcasm, and it feels like he has been part of the Thief universe since the very beginning. The gameplay is snappy, the city full of life, the objectives are rewarding and fun. And the humor.. I can't praise enough, as it's some of the funniest I have ever encountered in a FM.

Fantastic work, R_T and Marbleman!

Quote Originally Posted by griswold View Post
    How do i get into the appartment where that guy is singing?i need the code to the armory....
    You can't. It's only there for ambiance. Similar to the opera woman near the beginning. The code can be found in Koomly's apartment, which can be either roped to or climbed to from the roof of Butcher Bill's complex.

Thanks everyone for your positive feedback!

I'm about to finish with almost 5 hrs playing time, over 5k loot and all objectives completed but I haven't been able to get into Castle Valerius. Is it even accessible?

Fantastic mission, I see myself replaying it many times in the future. Thank you! /and I don't mean just the authors of this mission but all of you guys and gals keeping this game alive and improving it - YOU ARE GREAT/

PS. I laughed hard when I found the secret in the cemetary - a true comedy moment done without breaking the immersion.

Quote Originally Posted by nihilon_traveller View Post
    PS. I laughed hard when I found the secret in the cemetary - a true comedy moment done without breaking the immersion.
    His name is Brother Burus.

Grief what an amateur I must be - found the captain's flat but no sign of the code. Any hints, please?

TafferT: go through his trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Taffer View Post
    You can't. It's only there for ambiance. Similar to the opera woman near the beginning. The code can be found in Koomly's apartment, which can be either roped to or climbed to from the roof of Butcher Bill's complex.

Thanks everyone for your positive feedback!
    Thanx found it,jeeezz i was way off does anyone else also have problems with saving and loading?

Quote Originally Posted by nihilon_traveller View Post
    TafferT: go through his trash.
    grief, spot the duh-brain - I managed to read the code as 'bobs' and didn't realise what it meant. Well if I will play with dodgy glasses and a well developed cataract what do you expect?
    Thanks nihilon much appreciated

Haven't quite finished the mission yet due to a technical problem (see below), but it's a treat! I love the level layout and the visual design that's detailed enough to aid navigation but remains close to the "purity" of original T2 missions.

I do have some questions: is it possible to enter or (climb atop) Castle Valerius and the unnamed cross-shaped building on the east edge of the map (and if yes, how)? They're probably on the map for a reason, but I can't find any spot which would look like an even remotely viable entry point. Also, there's a bit of broken metal railing in the rooftop garden of the cathedral. Can you get anywhere or find anything there? I tried, but the nearest gargoyles were too far away, so I'm currently thinking this might be a red herring.

Also, on a technical point, I'm having strange and persistent crashes. Once I acquire the Hellfire Ruby, I start making my way back towards the starting point to either finish the mission or try to taff into Castle Valerius. However, any save I make after another, let's say, minute or so of playing seems to be corrupted and results in a crash to desktop when I try to load it. Saves made immediately or very shortly after getting the object seem to be fine. It's as if saves were only getting corrupted either after a certain time has passed, or after I got into certain regions of the map (roughly east/south of Pembrook Estate). Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowgrab View Post
    Also, on a technical point, I'm having strange and persistent crashes. Once I acquire the Hellfire Ruby, I start making my way back towards the starting point to either finish the mission or try to taff into Castle Valerius. However, any save I make after another, let's say, minute or so of playing seems to be corrupted and results in a crash to desktop when I try to load it. Saves made immediately or very shortly after getting the object seem to be fine. It's as if saves were only getting corrupted either after a certain time has passed, or after I got into certain regions of the map (roughly east/south of Pembrook Estate). Has anyone experienced anything like this?
    Yes, there have been a few reports like this. Could you upload a not-yet-corrupted (but close to being corrupted) save to gdrive or dropbox and send me the link in PMs? That would help figure out the cause of this error.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowgrab View Post
    I do have some questions: is it possible to enter or (climb atop) Castle Valerius and the unnamed cross-shaped building on the east edge of the map (and if yes, how)? They're probably on the map for a reason, but I can't find any spot which would look like an even remotely viable entry point. Also, there's a bit of broken metal railing in the rooftop garden of the cathedral. Can you get anywhere or find anything there? I tried, but the nearest gargoyles were too far away, so I'm currently thinking this might be a red herring.
    Castle Valerius is sort of an out-of-bounds area, but you can get up there.

Quote Originally Posted by marbleman View Post
    Yes, there have been a few reports like this. Could you upload a not-yet-corrupted (but close to being corrupted) save to gdrive or dropbox and send me the link in PMs? That would help figure out the cause of this error.
    Sure, I'll do that later today.

Castle Valerius is sort of an out-of-bounds area, but you can get up there.
    I'll have a look and eventually come back with requests for a more specific answer.

Mission finished with almost 2 hours of gameplay . Overall it was a satisfying mission, the gameplay was the best part, it was fun to explore all those different interesting places, several readables that tell about people's life of this city , exploring the cathedral was my favorite part of the mission, the clock tower was my favorite structure of this big building. Loot hunting was also fun, and off course listening to me often yelling insults and threats and breaking things was hilarious . The only thing i would change is that considering some building facades with extensive width and height i would have given more variety of textures, windows, volume with shapes, decorative elements and what not. Also im surprise how streets have not inclinations since for marbleman it's important. But i understand this is a rooftop mission so you followed other references of the same genre.

This is a high quality mission, thank you gentleman for this production, i will submit a positive note/vote to this mission.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast