TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: TMA20AC Mission Feast of Pilgrims (Mar 24, 2020)

Thanks Pedro, glad you enjoyed it. The streets don't have elevation because it's not a playable area. If they were, you bet they'd have inclines.

Had a lot of fun with this one! The map was a bit complicated at times, but it really forced me to explore everything. Great work!

What a great homage to Life of the Party, very well done design and atmosphere, you really feel like you're exploring a live and breathing town. I also liked some of the humor thrown in there, like the voice lines from Conall when you rumage through the captain's apartment . I explored well, but I only found 5 secrets, I never found a way up a tower in the cathedral, which seems to have a gas arrow up there.

Quote Originally Posted by marbleman View Post
    Thanks Pedro, glad you enjoyed it. The streets don't have elevation because it's not a playable area. If they were, you bet they'd have inclines.
    Yes, since it's a rooftop mission i understood why there were no inclination in the streets, anyway good job in this map.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikare View Post
    I explored well, but I only found 5 secrets, I never found a way up a tower in the cathedral, which seems to have a gas arrow up there.
    Here's how to get there, if you really want to spoil it: Get to the summoning room. You can shoot a rope arrow into the ceiling, but NOT into the cross-section of collapsed ceiling parts, which does seem a bit strange. Anyway, it is possible to get up from here to the bell by roping at the right spot. Once there, find the four gargoyles in the corners of the tower. They're BEHIND pillars, but it's possible to jump to them with a bit of fancy footwork. From one of the gargoyles, it's a relatively easy jump to the other tower.

I absolutely liked this mission. It is definately my favourite so far from the contest.
    There are still some missions left for me to play, so I can't say its the top mission for me yet, but it definately is a strong contender.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowgrab View Post
    From one of the gargoyles, it's a relatively easy jump to the other tower.
    Honestly I tried doing that jump so many times, but I just couldn't reach the place. I'll have another go at it, I think I left a save slot on that point lol.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    IMPORTANT: An update to Feast of Pilgrims is now ready which addresses the crash issue a few people were having. It is highly recommended that you download the update. If you are currently playing the mission, you can continue but your saves may become corrupted if your session goes over 3 hours or so. To take advantage of the fix, you will have to start a new game after installing the updated version.

Big thanks to Marbrien and Arrowgrab! Your saves were instrumental in finding the root of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikare View Post
    Honestly I tried doing that jump so many times, but I just couldn't reach the place. I'll have another go at it, I think I left a save slot on that point lol.
    Won't put it in spoilers as it's a general Thief trick and not FM-specific: are you trying with a diagonal jump?

Normally, you point yourself towards the target, move forward as fast as possible (which would typically mean the run forward key), and jump, mantling on the other side as needed. However, you can squeeze a bit more distance out of your jump. Orient yourself so that the target is not directly ahead but a bit to the side (experiment with the exact angle), then simultaneously press down the run forward key along with the appropriate sidestep, then jump when you're at the edge. While in the air, you'll probably need to turn a bit to mantle correctly.

This trick can be used in quite a few old first-person games to get more movement speed (or, as in this case, better jump distance) due to the way many games calculated movement within the coordinate system of a level.

Big thanks to Marbrien and Arrowgrab! Your saves were instrumental in finding the root of the problem.
    Glad I could help!

If you don't want to diagonal jump, you can also use a speed potion.
    This is only an extra sort of "out of bounds area." We figured we might as well reward players with a weapon and gag line if they could make it up there, but you're not really missing much else besides the view.

Yes, thank you both, I reached the place by doing a diagonal jump or strafe jump before checking for replies in the thread, I don't know why it never occurred to me before to try that lol. I also thought of a speed potion, but I never found one, I surely missed it somewhere.

You're welcome!

Missing items for bonus objectives

I'm missing two items for the "side quests". Where I can find the gear for the mechanist inventor and a body part from the monker (monkey). I think it is the head, which is needed. Any hints would be highly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhat View Post
    I'm missing two items for the "side quests". Where I can find the gear for the mechanist inventor and a body part from the monker (monkey). I think it is the head, which is needed. Any hints would be highly appreciated.
    The gear can be found with Vedast, the crazy rambling mechanist in the ruined tower not far from Butcher Bill's. The monker head is in the circular Mage tower where you got the mysterious note.

Just started this and there really is something to be said about playing a thief who is old but still got it!

Yup, I fully agree as a septuagenarian!

'Old but still got it' probably best describes a sizeable contingent of the Thief Community!
    I for one, never had 'it' to begin with. What I had was more of a 'that'.
    Great mission, btw.

Thank you so much Random_Taffer.

During my first play-through I thought I've already visited every single corner on the map, but never encountered Vedast or visited thatruined tower. Since I also had this issue with crashing game after passing 3 hours mark, I'm just downloading the updated version of the mission to replay it again. This time I will be on look-out to find the places you've mentioned in your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude View Post
    So on my travels and black grease I ended up here -

Gay pink priest ghost - https://imgur.com/LaUYJS4
    Hi all wow, that's a great and interesting mission! even if navigation is a little bit hard for me, in rooftop missions in general.
    Could you please tell me where can i find that qouted place? And there is a singing man near Knobb and Job Woodworks, i can hear him from the rooftop where guards are playing cards, can i reach somehow that place? Is Castle Valerius visitable?

Thank you very much

I have found only 7 secrets, may i add the list?

1. Apartments between Al' Darude estate and Warehouse manager office, S apartment, 2nd floor (l)
    2. Jumping out of the N window on 1nd floor of Pembrook castle, small rooftop, small apartment next to generators (b)
    3. Thieves hideout 2nd floor, reachable from same rooftop, hint in readible "A Thief's Note" - room with the single cabinet (l)
    4. Silvershade Apts, nobleman's apartment, inner corridor with stone fences (l)
    5. Hammerite cemetery, behind a mausoleum (u)
    6. Hammerite library, 2nd floor near a statue (b)
    7. above Hammerite church entrance, roof garden, near broken fence (r)
    8. Apartment high up next to bridge/river somewhere near Pembrook Castle (u)
    9. Hammerite library, 1st floor, E end, near red hammered staircase (b)
    10. Rotchild->Valerius (u)
    11. ??? (r)
    12. ??? (r)

any tips for the other ones?

Edit: giving up secret hunting
    Last edited by Cheela; 4th Apr 2020 at 09:38.

The apartment with the opera singer is not accessible. It's just there for atmosphere.
    The quoted place is Castle Valerius. It's an out-of-bounds area, so there is nothing there except the easter egg.

As for secrets, I won't give away their locations just yet, but you should know that:
    - 6 of them are in the church (including the cemetry) and 6 are in the city.
    - 3 are book switches, 3 are hidden levers, 3 are hard-to-spot rings, and 3 last ones are unique as they require some out-of-the-box thinking and careful exploration of the 3D space. The gold hammer behind the broken masoleum is one of those unique secrets.

Good hunting!

Good hunting!
    Hahaa, exciting and tricky, great, thank you!
    I think i have already found something i pushed something that i shouldn't have pushed ahh sweetie - but sorrily can't understand what "he" says at the end, should i help him or give him something? Thank you

No, you can't interact with him.

i'm playing on expert and now i stuck

i'm in the room, where i can get two mines and where the door is barricaded with two planks. but i can't find the further way.

and a question. i got the crate key but the crate is empty ??

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    i'm playing on expert and now i stuck

i'm in the room, where i can get two mines and where the door is barricaded with two planks. but i can't find the further way.

and a question. i got the crate key but the crate is empty ??
    You can go out the window or out the vent.

The crate objective is explained in Ratteson's contract scroll. It also gives you an objective which tells you what to do.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast