TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: TMA20AC Mission Feast of Pilgrims (Mar 24, 2020)

thx to all, who gave me hints and so on.

i surrender. this fm is too claiming for me concerning using the map and find a way . for example i tried two hours to find a way from wodden platform to the soap factory.

great mission but too claiming for me

i adored this mission but after finishing on expert and completing all four optional objectives i'm still missing a lotta loot...

i think part of it is i never found the code to the armory... i see hints to help find koomley's apartment in this thread, but somehow i think i still missing it.

i understand that i need the get the code for the armory from his apartment in a trash can... and that he can see the guards drinking from his apartment... but could anybody give me some more hints? from this thread i see his place is somewhere to the north of the armory, but i'm still scratching my head... sorry if i'm just being dense... i wonder if i've been there and just didn't realize it...

super awesome mission, though... like some others said, it is now an all-time favorite... instead of feeling tired and excasperated after nearly four hours of play and still having 1000+ loot still to find (and 6 more secrets to find), i'm somehow still excited to have more to explore and discover tonight... that tells you how much i'm enjoying it...

His apartment can be reached in two ways:

By rope from the roof with the barrel on it to the north of the armory. Or you can merely climb up with a couple jumps from the southern end of the roof of Butcher Bill's that has the diamond drill on it.

This is the first TMA20AC mission that I have completed, and I must say that this was a really great mission! The architecture is very neat, and the framerate was not too terrible in the larger open areas. There was one case of the spotlight wagging, but I found this mission to be very enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Taffer View Post
    The gear can be found with Vedast, the crazy rambling mechanist in the ruined tower not far from Butcher Bill's. The monker head is in the circular Mage tower where you got the mysterious note.
    I can't find that ruined tower not far from Butcher Bill's. I've been searching for a while now. Please spoil me.

Edit: Found it seconds later. Spoiler: Go through the window of the butchers room in the backyard. Look up closely for a ropeable wooden beam.
    Last edited by Karras35; 9th Apr 2020 at 21:37.

Karras35: starting from the roof above Butcher Bill's, go east to the lower roof, cross the pipes north to a balcony, and rope up to the gargoyles.

Thank you Grandmauden

This mission is just outstanding!

The amount of details in every place amazes me! The city is very big and full of life. There is amazing landscape from the top of the Cathedral!
    Ambient music was used masterfully and there were lots of shouts and speaking behind closed doors (great idea).

Loot = 4729/5938
    Secrets = 5/12

Looks like there's still a lot of loot and secrets to find! I didn't get the Hellfire Ruby.
    Last edited by Lord Taffer; 12th Apr 2020 at 03:42.

Butcher Bill

How do I get to Butcher Bill's?

I have all the ingredients for the Hellfire Ruby, I've been all around the map, I've spoken to the pink Hammerite

I'm going around in circles. I'm sure it's close to Al Darude's but I can't seem to find it.

Does anyone have a detailed route?

It's marked on the map. It's the building just east of Al'Darude.

Quote Originally Posted by marbleman View Post
    It's marked on the map. It's the building just east of Al'Darude.
    I hate myself It's the building next to the diamond drill. I'd already found it and didn't know it was Butcher Bill's

Thanks anyway!

Can I just say this is the most fun I've had with an FM or even a new gaming release this year? I'm up to finding the ingredients and just don't want it to end! Having soo much fun!!

An incredible mission, probably one of my favorites on that Thieves Highway genre, and that's saying something considering it's my favorite Thief genre.

The only thing I'm having trouble with is finding the woodchipper for the monkey head. I already checked the Woodworks but could not find it at least not beyond the red metal door. It must be in a less obvious location? Taking a break now but again, lovely mission.

Playing at Hard difficulty; this is an awesome mission.

I've found all optional objectives except finding the smuggler's box - I know where the shipping crate is and I have the key. Where is the smuggler's box?

- prjames

Quote Originally Posted by lpowell View Post
    An incredible mission, probably one of my favorites on that Thieves Highway genre, and that's saying something considering it's my favorite Thief genre.

The only thing I'm having trouble with is finding the woodchipper for the monkey head. I already checked the Woodworks but could not find it at least not beyond the red metal door. It must be in a less obvious location? Taking a break now but again, lovely mission.

The woodchipper is found at Tuttleshank & Associates building

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    Playing at Hard difficulty; this is an awesome mission.

I've found all optional objectives except finding the smuggler's box - I know where the shipping crate is and I have the key. Where is the smuggler's box?

- prjames
    Directly south of the shipping crate, there is a green building you can climb into.

Thanks. I missed the clue in Butcher Bill's, which ended up being the last place I visited. Then again, maybe I should have visited him to begin with--who better to deal with a Monker head?

Quote Originally Posted by marbleman View Post

Directly south of the shipping crate, there is a green building you can climb into.
    Naturally, I missed the entrances to that from both directions. Thanks!

- prjames

Forgot to actually say that I finished the mission and how much I loved it. It has so much personality, and the immersion factor is off the charts. I'd put it in my top 3 Thieves Highway missions. I posted a review on Thief Guild so I won't rewrite it but instead just leave it here.
    https://www.thiefguild.com/topics/17...rims-pilfering

I’ve put together a lootlist for this mission and intend to release it along with all the other contest lootlists on the day of the results, unless RT or marbleman give express permission for me to release it earlier, if so I can post by the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    I’ve put together a lootlist for this mission and intend to release it along with all the other contest lootlists on the day of the results, unless RT or marbleman give express permission for me to release it earlier, if so I can post by the end of the day.
    I don't mind if you release it earlier.

In my opinion, this mission represents the best use of sound that I've encountered playing Thief. It immediately set the tone for the mission and brought the entire city to life. There was always something exciting going on around every corner.

I really didn't want this one to end. I'm embarrassed that I needed a single hint to finish on expert to find the grease (how the bleep did I miss it), though I never did find out what blessing the wytch's cauldron meant, so never got the large jewel from the demon after all.

Random_Taffer and marbleman...you both have my sincerest thanks for creating this masterpiece. I hope it was a labor of love for the both of you.

To get the jewel: pretty sure the "wytch's cauldron" is the same thing you used the dispersal potion on. To get the jewel you have to use holy water on it right after using the potion.

One tip for holy water

I'm not sure how long you get before the jewel disappears so to save cycling through your inventory in a panic & maybe missing your window drop one on the floor before you invoke the dispersion ritual, invoke the dispersion, then pick up the holy water & use it immediately

Thanks...I tried using the holy water in both the mixing bowl in the wizard's tower and in the container outside the pentagram and neither did anything. I guess my timing was off and I'll try again.

Lootlist

Only took 3 days

But please report any errors so I can amend.
    Last edited by fortuni; 17th Apr 2020 at 11:05.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast