TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LGBT Themes in Fan Missions

LGBT Themes in Fan Missions

Well, here's an original topic for ya' taffers

How many gay/les/bi/trans characters or themes have you spotted in fan missions. I'm really interested.

So far I know of:

Burrick's Head Inn by Yandros - One of the important characters is in a secret lesbian relationship.

The Seven Sisters: Night 2 - One of the infected you're supposted to save is a gay man.

Night at the Theatre - One of the characters is implied to be a trans male as a part of a transphobic joke (not the best example)

So, you got any other missions I missed?

Shoes and dresses has a lesbian affair

i once saw a cray beast do another bug beast but it might have been a glitch in a underground area,i think a thief 1 fan mission

but that might be more beastality

Durant by Mazur: Grimworth and de Perrin are in a gay relationship, albeit a rocky one.

It's not so much a matter of me having spotted it as it is me knowing it, but in Heartcliff Islands, Gavin (the resident diener), is bisexual or biromantic (on the asexual spectrum). He is probably more asexual (demisexual) than sexual and his relationship with Gwen (the prison warden's private servant) is a bit complicated because of this (since Gwen is not asexual (not in the slightest)).

"Ana's Secret" is about a Lebian Girl, and now i am currently working on a new thief 2 fan mission about a Trans-man/FTM.

WOW. Didn't know that we homies where so prominent in Fan Missions.
    Such a pleasant suprise. Now I know what to play next

AKA H3H3
    Cardia's FtM Life has just been released and, well... the name pretty much speaks for itself. Godbreaker by Random_Taffer also featured a very touching and brave message in its fourth mission, with a nobleman wanting to transform into a burrick. We homies really are prominent in the Thief universe!

in the spear of destiny i have a side story about the librarian who has a crush on one of the senior staff members: the mentalist.

Is that really interesting?

Well, that's what Clearing observed a while ago:
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Quote Originally Posted by zappen View Post
    Is that really interesting?

Well, that's what Clearing observed a while ago:
    Zombiemance

I'd say necromance fits better

FKA Buccura
    Speaking of necromance , necroing an old thread!

I was actually wondering if there is anything canonically in the OT that tells about how LGBT people are seen in the world of Thief. There is a trans woman in 2014 with Madam Xiao Xiao (Arguably a character that could have been really interesting if not restricted to just one mission) but since that takes place several hundred years after the OT, and it does so much of it's own thing anyway, I don't count it in this case.

Also of course wondering if there are any FMs from 2018 onward here that have LGBT themes

I don't specifically recall any OM having such a side story. I always thought that it would be the older Colonial period point of view towards it. That heavily religiously influenced time frame. Hammers, what are ya gonna do?

In "The Time That Has Passed" I only briefly refer to what it would have been like for LBGT in those times. The Mechanists used a Victrola machine to record a married man on city council with his gay lover, thereby securing his vote when they needed it.

FKA Buccura
    Quote Originally Posted by uncadonego View Post
    I don't specifically recall any OM having such a side story. I always thought that it would be the older Colonial period point of view towards it. That heavily religiously influenced time frame. Hammers, what are ya gonna do?

In "The Time That Has Passed" I only briefly refer to what it would have been like for LBGT in those times. The Mechanists used a Victrola machine to record a married man on city council with his gay lover, thereby securing his vote when they needed it.
    If there is one faction that would not be okay with LGBT people it would def be the hammers. The Mechanists I can see being a little more tolerant, since they allow both women and POC in their ranks, but even then they are still fanatically religious. Karras though probably would tolerate it just so he can earn the favor of nobles.

I would just like to point out the main motivation of The Mechanists was the destruction of humanity. The Hammers weren't as genocidal.

With regards to the OP topic, I remember there being a really cool mission about being a Female to Male trans person trying to find themselves, something about "feeling complete". It had a beautiful aesthetic but was a real frame chugger. I don't exactly recall the name or the dude who made it, but I'm sure if you ask around you might be able to find it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Purgator View Post
    I would just like to point out the main motivation of The Mechanists was the destruction of humanity. The Hammers weren't as genocidal.
    Karras, not the mechanists. If you read the notes in the final mission written by some of the Mechanists, they were catching on that something was wrong, but Karras sent them all out of Soulforge. They were all going to die except Karras.

Some? Oh well then, that takes the curse off it!

Quote Originally Posted by Psych0sis View Post
    With regards to the OP topic, I remember there being a really cool mission about being a Female to Male trans person trying to find themselves, something about "feeling complete". It had a beautiful aesthetic but was a real frame chugger. I don't exactly recall the name or the dude who made it, but I'm sure if you ask around you might be able to find it. :P
    It was Cardia, as noted above: "Cardia's FtM Life has just been released and, well... the name pretty much speaks for itself."

Quote Originally Posted by ValmontPhl View Post
    It was Cardia, as noted above: "Cardia's FtM Life has just been released and, well... the name pretty much speaks for itself."
    Of course it was Cardia and everyone knows that, but Psych0sis' remark was a passive-aggressive jab convoluted with sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Seifert View Post
    The Mechanists I can see being a little more tolerant, since they allow both women and POC in their ranks, but even then they are still fanatically religious. Karras though probably would tolerate it just so he can earn the favor of nobles.
    I doubt it. The Hammers were akin to the Catholic Church, the Mechanists were more analogous to Evangelical fundamentalists (who incidentally also allow women to be pastors). And we all know how they feel about the LGBT

Not that I've ever read too much into the ideology behind the Mechanists, but they would appear to me to be a 'millenarianistic' personality cult. The Hammers are more your run o' the mill, heavy handed, monotheistic religious order.

FKA Buccura
    Quote Originally Posted by Purgator View Post
    Not that I've ever read too much into the ideology behind the Mechanists, but they would appear to me to be a 'millenarianistic' personality cult. The Hammers are more your run o' the mill, heavy handed, monotheistic religious order.
    I think it was Errant Signal who said the hammers are basically the Catholic Church if they worshiped Bob the Builder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast