TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: TMA20AC Mission Into The Odd (Mar 24, 2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Squadarofl View Post
    You can get here simply by going inside the Marketmaster's bathroom and escaping through the grate in the weird pool.
    Thanks!
    Finished it now, 10/10 mission. I've never been immersed in fm's atmosphere so much since FrenchDecay's Breathing Corpses.

Hello everybody,

I have a question for the market area. There is a greenish small tower building opposite the Marketmaster's mansion. I took up a statue piece and placed it onto the pressure plate above. I hear something opening - but where is that ?? Has anyone found that out and can give me a hint?

Thanks in advance,
    urumo

DromEd Archmage
    It opens something somewhere in the only room accessible in that old bastion.

Finished. What an experience!

A question - in the sanctuary, I kinda expected a stand-off with the evil "vampire" that greeted me at the entrance to it. But I was able to just pass through the area. Is there an optional objective or something?
    Also, those two cannibals, never met them again. Did I miss something?

I'm having a lot of trouble with this one. After a few minutes of playing, movement gets slow and choppy. Some of the textures turn bright white. When I turn and look in another direction, the things I look at become pure white. Eventually it just crashes.

I have downloaded and installed newdark 1.27 which I believe is the latest. I've re-downloaded the mission version 1.1. Also my PC is fairly new. Help!

Let's try the simplest solution, start from scratch with a fresh copy of thief 2, then update it with 1.27 via t2fix, and see if it still continues

Really stunning mission.

I went down into the sewer system, found a blackjack, then eventually found myself in this amazing underground city with statues. Now, I eventually resurfaced, but found no lockpicks along the way,and now when I return to the pipe I used to enter the underground sections, it's now sealed. Any idea where the lockpicks might be? And can I return to that underground city area (the readme says some areas can't be reaccesed)?

A wonderfully crafted and well thought-out mission, certainly worthy of it's title. I too had to push past some struggles in the beginning, but the map was intriguing enough that I pushed ahead. I'm so glad that I did.

Once I finally found a blackjack, I was certainly in the mood by that point to bash in some skulls. You know what they say about blackjacks, you never appreciate them till their gone.

For anybody still having a bit of difficulty figuring out where their lockpicks are: read the relevant objective again, then re-examine your map. If you're back in the city, you haven't missed them. You can now go and get them from the location marked on your map.

Hard to know what to say, except loved it. There were, as some have said, some seriously frustrating points of this mission.. but. Who cares!

DANG.

Don't wimp out. Play this "insert expletive" mission right now, and experience something odd and out of this world.

Brilliant work, author(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DirkBogan View Post
    For anybody still having a bit of difficulty figuring out where their lockpicks are: read the relevant objective again, then re-examine your map. If you're back in the city, you haven't missed them. You can now go and get them from the location marked on your map.
    Thanks, I was way off, had 2 areas mixed up.

By the Builder, this mission is something else, the architecture, ambiance, the sanctuary area... I'm completely beside myself

Phew! Finished this in just over 3 hours of game time...and I'm still missing ~1000 loot?!

Hats off to the authors for this breathtaking (though at times exhausting) mission!

I was expecting an usual city mission, but once I got to the sewers, the disturbing atmosphere began. It took me almost 3 hours to finish just because I was going so slow in the places where it got very creepy. Found 5866 loot out of 6593. This FM is very well done, I found myself interested in the lore and backstory of this place, I hope we get another FM set in this "universe" so to speak, to expand the lore. The only downsides for me were that in the sewers, there was a black fog preventing you to see more than a few meters away from you, it didn't make sense, as there were lights that would be seen from far away, and the pitch black shadows in various places, you would think that Garrett has a better eye for seeing in darkness, but I guess it was made like that by design. Still, top notch mission that kept me at the edge of my seat most of the time, props to the authors. The style of some areas in the mission reminded me of The Sword from Thief TDP and also Broadsword of Sheol, made by Sperry, whom is referenced in a handful of books found throughout. Oh, and I also found this little secret: https://imgur.com/a/6l3VvME
    Last edited by Vikare; 3rd Apr 2020 at 05:08. Reason: wrong fm name

Mission finished in 1 hour and 32 minutes. When i began the mission i was about to give it up, no weapons, enemies everywhere, but then i came here and read comments encouraging people to not abandon this mission, so i did continue and later i was rewarded with everything i needed to make the mission very accessible. The gameplay is from then very satisfying, for me it was much more exciting to explore interiors that the exteriors , because you come across a lot of surprises and also areas are more mysterious. The ambient sounds are very well used here. some of the new features here are incredible, overall it was like living a strange dream, a particular feeling with this one, loved it. Though the outside areas were not really that impressive and the story was a bit confusing to me.

Overall this mission gave me a sweet experience so i will submit a positive note/vote to this one

How do I open this door?

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    How do I open this door?
    from the other side, a lever opens that door but you need lockpicks to reach the room behind that door

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    from the other side, a lever opens that door but you need lockpicks to reach the room behind that door
    Got it, thanks! I'd already been in that section but didn't see the way through there

Any idea where the egg might be? I scoured the whole mansion, but can't find anything. (I understand its on the top floor of the mansion with the crayman, but no idea where else to look)

Azaran, you're in completely the wrong building! That is Balnebrich's manor, not the Marketmaster's. There's a whole southern area to the city.

Marketmaster's mansion is also marked on your map.

Oops

2 hours and 51 minutes, what a ride that was . Everything I could ever want in a Thief mission and more.

Still missing 1100 loot, but I'll go for a second round after I finish the other contest ones.

Finished!! This is seriously an all-time top 5 mission for me. Brilliant stuff with an enormous amount of detail. Found 6103 out of 6593, so missing 490. Not too bad from just one playthrough. I have a loot list made, but I hesitate to make it public until I get the ok from the organizers. PM me if you need it for now, but keep in mind it's still incomplete.

I didn't find the super mature secret that Vikare pointed out in an earlier post. Any hints to its whereabouts?
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

The authors tell me you can post your lootlist here.

what does the odd looking key open....there are five doors above me,and three around the bottom floor... and it doesnt open anything

edit ok I missed a door by the pool

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast