TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TMA20AC Mission — Time For Change (Mar 27, 2020)

Desperately Dodgy Moderator

TMA20AC Mission — Time For Change (Mar 27, 2020)

This thread is for any discussion or questions related to the mission Time For Change by Lord Taffer.
    You can download the mission HERE or HERE.
    The contest thread is HERE.

IMPORTANT: This mission has been updated to v1.1 to include French translations. There are no bug fixes so unless you need the French version, you need not download it.

Please give clues instead of outright solutions when helping others and use the spoiler tag when you do this.

Remember that this mission, and by extension every mission made for the contest, is for THIEF 2. As such, do not load it with Thief 1/GOLD! It is highly recommended you do not use the Enhancement Pack and/or HD texture packs to play this mission. It is also recommended you uncheck all optional features T2Fix comes with if you update to the latest version of the full executable.
    Last edited by Yandros; 16th Apr 2020 at 17:56.

wonderful mission.

where is the key for the safe of the lady?

This was an enjoyable mission with some good humor, the level design is a bit basic but gameplay wise it gets tough towards the end. I give a solid 7/10.

Look closely from the room where the safe is.
    spoiler:
    Lady B's book that mentions safe key gone missing is very close to the solution.

Outright spoiler:
    spoiler:
    There's a switch under the table in the room where safe is.
    Last edited by Lord Taffer; 28th Mar 2020 at 11:17.

Master Builder 2018
    Congratulations on your first release, and thank you for contributing to the contest! It's great to see new authors joining the community, and this is a nice little mission with some classic thievery. There are some fun challenges, and the warehouse area was classic T2. I was impressed with the lighting and sound work. I especially enjoyed the readables, which were often laced with clever humor. Nice work!

It's great to participate in this contest! And thanks to all who arranged this contest! I hope you taffers have fun with this smallish mission.

Finished this one with 2745/3815 loot and found 2/3 secrets.

Fulfilled an inofficial bonus objective and punished Lady Brenegart by throwing her in the basement after all she had done.
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

I must be blind where isthe ladys house?....I have the horn from the other guys house,but none of the door near his house open

edit: I did find her house...I had not gone to the end of that hallway,as I used the disabled ramp

finished on 3460/3815...3/3 secrets

Nice mission by the way....thank you
    Last edited by JonesCrusher; 30th Mar 2020 at 16:52.

Quote Originally Posted by zappenduster View Post
    Finished this one with 2745/3815 loot and found 2/3 secrets.

Fulfilled an inofficial bonus objective and punished Lady Brenegart by throwing her in the basement after all she had done.
    None shall escape the righteousness!

A fun little mission. A bit linear, but still enjoyable. I really liked placement of enemies - it will make ghosting challenging. I beat it in 49 min and collected 3645 loot. I also found all secrets. Speaking of which, you indicated them a bit too well.

Nice first release! The enemy placement was interesting, as Galaer mentioned, and while it was linear it did have a good flow. I did find it a bit weird that Garrett chose to sneak through a police station seemingly unnecessarily, but that's a small complaint. The warehouse area definitely provided the most interesting challenge. There are a few spots, particularly in that place, where the roombrushing needs a little work, though otherwise it's pretty good.

Finished this one.

Very simple, very basic architecture, but solid, enjoyable and fun gameplay. Towards the end of the mission, especially at the swimming pool part, I felt that there's a lot more talent to the author, just need to put some more time and energy to DromEd.

Thanks for a nice hour of thieving!

Nice work, Lord Taffer. I certainly hope this isn't your last mission.

Thanks for feedback and kind words everyone! I already started creating a new fan mission since DromEd is so addictive!

Fun little mission! But after finding the candlestick in Lady Brenegarts "basement of righteousness" next to her murdered husband and a puddle of blood, I'm a little bit scared of her.
    I enjoyed the gameplay, it reminded me of early era fms. 42mins 3530/3815 loot 3/3 secrets Thank you for this fun level

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Taffer View Post
    Thanks for feedback and kind words everyone! I already started creating a new fan mission since DromEd is so addictive!
    You only started Droming in January, are we going to see a second mission from you before the end of this year?

I'll try my best! I just might get new mission done this year. This time I'm trying to do a more vertical (and bigger mission) since this contest mission was very linear. New mission starts high above the city and I'm trying to add some unexpected areas there so that it wouldn't be conventional city mission. Lady Brenegart might show up again!

Glitch or on purpose?

Warehouse key #4. I killed all the guards except 1 (a blue coat) around the warewhouse, where I also pick up 3 keys on the dead guards. Does that blue coat have the 4th key? Shot her with Arrows, she ran away and never came back, so I'm kinda stuck.

Two of the keys are in warehouse area's footlockers, in the middle area (keys 1 and 3). Archers that have red jackets and who patrol in front of the warehouse doors hold the rest of the keys (keys 2 and 4).

Quote Originally Posted by McTaffer View Post
    Nice first release! The enemy placement was interesting, as Galaer mentioned, and while it was linear it did have a good flow. I did find it a bit weird that Garrett chose to sneak through a police station seemingly unnecessarily, but that's a small complaint. The warehouse area definitely provided the most interesting challenge. There are a few spots, particularly in that place, where the roombrushing needs a little work, though otherwise it's pretty good.
    I agree with this quote, and I was wondering why a private guard was working at the police station. This mission was still quick and fun! Good first release!

Nice and simple mission, I managed to find all the secrets pretty easily and around 3100 loot, so I still missed a bunch. The guard patrols on expert were tough on some places, particulary to ghost. For a first mission you made in a couple of months, it turned out well. I hope there's more to come

Quote Originally Posted by Karras35 View Post
    Fun little mission! But after finding the candlestick in Lady Brenegarts "basement of righteousness" next to her murdered husband and a puddle of blood, I'm a little bit scared of her.
    I enjoyed the gameplay, it reminded me of early era fms. 42mins 3530/3815 loot 3/3 secrets Thank you for this fun level
    Wasn´t her husband Sir Dicklon? The guy he complained about because he farted due to the mushrom stew. There was a diary entrance that she wants to leave him for the guard outside. And Dicklon is the old man sleeping next to the save with his horn.

So, about the FM:
    Did finish it and well...for a first mission it´s ok. I don´t like convoluted missions with annoying restrictions and such things, I prefer more classic Thief gameplay. Therefore no complaints here.
    However I have to say I have a hard time to be impressed with this mission. It just lacks the unique experience, the design is not that interesting TBH.
    I also found it strange that private guards are patrolling inside a police station, but then also City Watch guards on private property. Maybe you shouldn´t mix up the guard models.
    As a warm-up for the contest ok, but hardly one of the top missions.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    IMPORTANT: This mission has been updated to v1.1 to include French translations. There are no bug fixes so unless you need the French version, you need not download it.

Congrats on completing your first mission, Lord Taffer, and especially for entering as part of the T2 anniversary! Also want to say that your loot-hiding skills are very clever Look forward to seeing more missions from you!

Thanks, this really gives me energy to keep on creating more! I've been playing Thief games for so long that I just had to finally learn to use DromEd and now I spend more time creating than playing. And now that 20 years have passed since TMA was released - more than ever I felt that I need to start learning DromEd. TDP 20AC was also a big motivator - to see so many masterpieces in a single contest!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast