TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TMA20AC Mission Where the Unknown Lurks (Mar 24, 2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Xuio View Post
    MrMunkeepants Put them into the sarcophagus (select "item" and press r to drop it).
    I guess I hadn't tried standing in there to drop them; leaning over didn't work.
    Of course I had to try the sword on the Mechanist patrol bot outside!

I'm glad you did! I thought it's hilarious so that's why I didn't fix the "issue" with a rat shooting bombs at you

Fun little mission. I beat it in less than 1 hour and collected 3369 loot and 3 body parts (no idea what to do with them). I liked the look of the castle. Easy mission, it gets a bit more challenging in Catacombs, but on the other hand this place looks weaker than castle. In castle I noticed 2 guards stuck: one in tower (he was walking into wooden railing on top of stairs) and second in main part of castle (on stairs leading to 3rd floor he was walking into wall). Also I had a lot of laugh when I found secret message.

What happened to the mission file? I can't download it anywhere.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    What happened to the mission file? I can't download it anywhere.
    It is still available in both mirrors listed in the original post.

Loved this one! The architecture of the castle was fantastic and I really enjoyed the optional part. Great work!

That was great!

The leg was too obscure. There needed to be some hint somewhere that a hole was there (like broken marble lying on the floor) I loved the sword though

Finished without find what the odd contraption did. Someone speaked about Planescape Torment reference, i don't get it what is refer to this game ?
    Anyway nice small map, thanks you !

Mission finished in 6 minutes on "normal" mode, that was fast, nevertheless it was enjoyable, i enjoyed exploring this biscornue mansion, well built and with original forms. I will replay this one on "expert".

I will submit a positive note/vote for this one.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    This mission has been updated to v1.1 to add support for French translations (it contains no bug fixes).

This was a real little masterpiece in terms of atmosphere, architecture and ambient design. Very tasteful and very enjoyable mission, supernice, unique area. I was almost jelaous that I cannot get ingame for a couple of beers in that garden (or the tower).

The optional part is a nice effort as well, however, after last year's contest Bonehoard-overdose, I did not particularly find it interesting or special.

Thanks Skejven. Great looking and well designed mission. I had a lot of fun with it.

Nice little mission! 49mins 3179/3944 loot I liked the side story with the mechanists raiding the hammerite temple and the collecting of body parts

I've discovered a minor bug when playing on hard difficulty. The loot objective is meant to be 1000g but you've actually set the value at 900g in the mission quest data.

If you have no plans to release second version of this mission we can fix this minor error with a dml and include it in the next release of FMdml.
    Last edited by fortuni; 9th Apr 2020 at 12:27.

Thanks for finding that. I will just change the string with the goals and will also make the leg room more visible since people find it too hard to find (noobs ).

You could also just adjust the "Mission Quest Data" (under editors) to match the 1000 goal.

Should be like goal_target_(objective number here): 900 (just change to 1000)

This was awesome fun! Bold choice to make 2 thirds of the mission completely optional, but I like it. It's like, if you just want a quick mansion heist, you can ignore all the undead stuff.

Hard, 1 hour 2 minutes, 3179/3944 loot. I couldn't find the leg without coming to this thread for a hint. Overall this was pretty good. The initial view of the castle is wonderful and I wanted to spend more time in that building. The optional area had some cool moments like the flooded room and the trapped chest. Fun stuff.

Great FM, you're greeted with a nice view of the target's little castle as you start the mission. Wasn't expecting to find a bonehoard type of area, so that was a cool surprise. The first half of the FM felt like a Thief 2 mission, but the other half felt like you were transported to Thief TDP . I had trouble finding the leg, so I did need to take a hint to find it.

Did anyone else manage to get out of bounds at the starting area? I was able to mantle a torch and jump of the bridge, got teleported to a small room with a (I guess) hurtful note.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Did anyone else manage to get out of bounds at the starting area?
    That's pretty much the first thing I did.

spoiler:
    Is there a puzzle with the sequence i turn the statues to face forward in the tower? I have the scroll,i turned the statues as they were mentioned in the scroll and nothing happens.Is it ok if i continue or is there something there i am not getting?

Quote Originally Posted by dedaki View Post
    spoiler:
    Is there a puzzle with the sequence i turn the statues to face forward in the tower? I have the scroll,i turned the statues as they were mentioned in the scroll and nothing happens.Is it ok if i continue or is there something there i am not getting?
    If you turned them in the right way you should get an optional objective. Perhaps you did the puzzle in the opposite way?
    Last edited by Skejven; 18th Apr 2020 at 04:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Skejven View Post
    If you turned them in the right way you should get an optional objective. Perhaps you did the puzzle in the opposite way?
    I think i did it right but no new objective appears.
    spoiler:
    The correct sequence is Mage,Muse,Herbalist,Sage,Scholar,Envoy and they have to face forward when i am done turning them,right?

Quote Originally Posted by dedaki View Post
    I think i did it right but no new objective appears.
    spoiler:
    The correct sequence is Mage,Muse,Herbalist,Sage,Scholar,Envoy and they have to face forward when i am done turning them,right?
    You're not supposed to turn all of them. The note tells you which ones to turn. Sorry, I didn't really get that you thought it's a "sequence" (even tho you wrote that word there lol) puzzle from the previous post.
    Last edited by Skejven; 18th Apr 2020 at 13:44.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast