TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TMA20AC Mission Ten Little Taffers (Mar 24, 2020)

I've following problem

i found the diary of Gerard and now i sholud find his escape way

in the cellar a press the lever of the bog an got a key, which i used opposite of the bog and i cold press a lever, but what happened ? i see a power cable going away form this lever but i couldn't find what happened

Check Gerard's room for clues to how he planned to escape.

The key in the basement leads to something else. Where does that power cable go?

"And Then There Were None" is one of my absolute favourite books, so I really enjoyed this mission. I have so far completed it as Garret, but today I will try to play the other 2 characters

I'm hoping that asking this stupid question will mean I find the answer myself in the next 5 mins,
    I KNOW its right in front of me
    here goes

can anyone give me a clue to where the safe is on Bumbleson level please?

Master Builder 2018
    Search the office around the corner from the front desk.

Thank you, I knew it would be simple!

Of all the things I expected from this contest, an Agatha Christie mystery wasn't one of them. I completed it as all three characters and had a great time despite the AI occasionally acting a little strangely. Great atmosphere and story, though as Owen I would have liked to have been able to kill everyone the way the rhyme specified. It seemed like a few of the deaths just sort of happened without my intervention.

I personally like the idea but I feel uneasy about the execution. There are too much inconsistencies between the segments - like Bumbleson is alive in 2nd mission, and could be dead in 1st and 3rd missions or the killer is different in each mission and it doesn't receive explanation in last mission that supposed to wrap it all out I often feel that each "segment" is a different story - not one of perspectives but separate story with the almost same variables Garrett, mansion, and ten poor taffers dying one by one

Strange question: where is the safe on the 2nd level?

Quote Originally Posted by A.Stahl View Post
    Strange question: where is the safe on the 2nd level?
    The safe is in the same location in all three missions if I recall correctly. But codes are different

And where is that location?

Quote Originally Posted by A.Stahl View Post
    And where is that location?
    In Arthur Capezza's (manager) office. it's near reception and statue with poor countess's corpse near it.

Quote Originally Posted by michael a View Post
    In
    Thanks!

Key

I am trying to figure out how to open locker 9. I read previous post which says "you already have the key" however I am not sure what that means.

Thanks for any help.

As Owen, you already have the key to locker 9.

As Bumbleson, you don't need the key to locker 9.

As Garrett, you need to find out where the killer hid the key to locker 9.

finished on Garrett:
    came in the back way, so I maybe missed some setup texts.
    the police constable was alive and well standing on her night table at the end of the mission.
    I managed to ride the waterfall safely to the exit door but was blocked by an invisible wall until I reloaded and found the right clues.
    I never did find the safe...
    is there a proper procedure for the generators? I didn't want to mess with it in case the numbers were important something unrelated
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 30th Mar 2020 at 20:50.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    is there a proper procedure for the generators?
    They turn off the corrridor lights in the various floors and wings of the Auldale. Makes ghosting so much easier.

But sometimes Brother Gerard reactivates the generators, isn't it?
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

And sometimes it's Brenda.

Garrett: beat it in around 1 hour 13 min (too bad you took away time from stats) and collected 2765 loot and 1 bonus objective. I think out of 3 difficulties this one is the most interesting. I figured killer very quickly (by mistake I solved book puzzle right at the very beginning). Puzzles were fun. I was really surprised that after completing ghost objective KO-ing killer crossed his name. I started to suspect wrongly that he's not a killer. And KO-ing killer also solve objective of killing him.

Bumbleson: beat it in around 48 min. Beginning is fun, but then the whole tension vanish. It's just peaceful running through mansion. I think I broke the mission, because I got to killer's room without collecting his room key by waiting for him to enter his room. I have no idea where is the key to his room. I didn't like that after ballroom event I get objective that killer is one of guests. What about searching whole area for Mr. Owen? Also encountered weird bug. I believe it's only present on this difficulty - if you turn off power of the fence and then turn it on, metal fence outside will vanish. There will be still invisible wall in your way, but it doesn't hurt and there is floating sign because of that.

Owen: beat it in around 28 min. Beginning is again good. Afterwards gameplay is weird. You must collect weapon and just throw it into other guest. Lord Carlysle dies poisoned from drinking bottle of wine. So what Owen do? He just throw bottle into him. And it doesn't need to be bottle of wine. You can throw any weapon at him. I don't know if it's possible in Thief 2, but making NPC to act as a locks, so you could use specific key items on them, would be better feature. Also order of killing also isn't important.

Overall I really want to like this mission. This one Agatha Christie's book is one of my favorites. And this mission has potential, but on other than Garrett difficulties atmosphere vanish very quickly. It felt for me that the story you created, you also ignored it by showing deaths in random order and for most of the time you are completely safe. For me this mission needs more attention and in current form is just a wasted potential.

Thanks Balboa for this great mission. I've only played on Garrett difficulty so far and I'm looking forward to jumping in again.

Unfortunately, I had to look up a clue here to find the journal to tick off my last objective. Even when I knew to look in his room, I could not find the damn thing.

Thanks for the response Balboa. I must be missing something. I am playing as Bumbleson and locker 9 is locked. Can you provide another clue?

As Bumbleson, you don't need locker 9 or the key to locker 9. You need to find a different way out, and a different key. Check the offices for clues.

Playing on Garrett. Before I continue, I want to be sure I didn't break something. Objectives say it has to be one of the guests. All ten are scratched of the list found in maps. Is that normal?

I enjoyed this mission, and like some others I feel like it could be made into something really great with further work.

The Garrett gameplay is solid, though even here some scripted events are a bit prone to issues (such as the end mission screen displaying who lived/died not always matching what I saw).

For Bumbleson, it was fun, and tense having no real means to defend myself, but I think there needs to be more threat to enhance the gameplay. There aren't many traps for you to avoid, and the one time anyone tries to kill you directly only comes right at the end.

For Owen, as others have mentioned it would be nice if you had to make more use of the traps to kill people 'the right way' - I was particularly surprised that no one would actually walk into the steam room. Taking away most of the weapons and having to use traps, without being seen to do it, would further this game mode as the guests could fight back if they figure out it's you.

Perhaps once the contest is over an updated version could be made? I really think that this has a huge amount of potential somewhat marred by bugs and a need for further polish.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast