TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TMA20AC Mission Ten Little Taffers (Mar 24, 2020)

Hi I've completed both Garrett and Bumbleson, and have now been struggling with Owen for a number of hours.

What I can't figure out is how to kill any of the guests, I have the ingredients, turned on the Vitrola and gone to the wake. I'm able to highlight Katya, and that's it. Isn't the Bridge supposed to blow up when the Vitrola is activated? and is there a code for the safe?

Woodsie1, On Owen and Bumbleson, the bridge should blow up during the Victrola monologue. To kill the guests, you need to find enough weapons. Most can simply be thrown at a guest to kill them (blunt force trauma). The safe code is the same as for Garrett, but there is nothing in there you need or can even use.

uncadonego, The names on the list get crossed off as you find the bodies. If some are crossed off, but you haven't seen the body yet, that's a problem that no one saw in testing. One of the names is the killer.

Quote Originally Posted by uncadonego View Post
    Playing on Garrett. Before I continue, I want to be sure I didn't break something. Objectives say it has to be one of the guests. All ten are scratched of the list found in maps. Is that normal?
    Have you KO-ed or killed last guest?

[QUOTE=Balboa;2443792]Woodsie1, On Owen and Bumbleson, the bridge should blow up during the Victrola monologue. To kill the guests, you need to find enough weapons. Most can simply be thrown at a guest to kill them (blunt force trauma). The safe code is the same as for Garrett, but there is nothing in there you need or can even use.

Ok then I've got a problem because no monologue was heard after hitting the switch on the Vitrola. No conversations on either difficulty except for Garrett (the monologue).
    I have a new 1.27 tfix installation with no mods.

I have also re downloaded the fm from the other source, I have restarted the game from scratch 3 times now.

And I always use the fm selector.
    Last edited by Woodsie1; 3rd Apr 2020 at 11:10. Reason: added information

It doesn't sound like its either a tfix issue or a corrupt mission zip. Could you try this simple test?

1. On Owen difficulty, frob both brass fence posts on the balcony. The felt rope should highlight, and one objective is completed.
    2. Turn on the Victrola. Another objective is completed.
    3. Go to the Ballroom.
    4. After Brenda comes in from the bathroom, music starts to play, Carlysle and Katya dance for a while.
    5. Karrass starts to talk over the loudspeaker, and the bridge blows up.

At what point does that not work for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Balboa View Post
    It doesn't sound like its either a tfix issue or a corrupt mission zip. Could you try this simple test?

1. On Owen difficulty, frob both brass fence posts on the balcony. The felt rope should highlight, and one objective is completed.
    2. Turn on the Victrola. Another objective is completed.
    3. Go to the Ballroom.
    4. After Brenda comes in from the bathroom, music starts to play, Carlysle and Katya dance for a while.
    5. Karrass starts to talk over the loudspeaker, and the bridge blows up.

At what point does that not work for you?
    After Brenda enters the room nothing more happens.

Are you in the Ballroom too, and do the doors shut?

@Balboa: Yes I'm in the ballroom but the doors does not shut, and Karras does not speak, and the Bridge does not blow up.

But objectives 1,2 & 3 tics off all right.

Close to one of the Ballroom doors, or in the center of the room, more or less?

Close to one of the Ballroom doors, or in the center of the room, more or less?
    Actually I've been running around and standing in the Ballroom and tried just about everything I could think off for about 40 minutes.

Thanks. I'll check with my beta testers, but I don't have a solution for you yet.

@Balboa: Okay :-)

Master Builder 2018
    It's possible this is due to an outdated copy of gen.osm. Seems unlikely given that your objectives complete normally, but worth a try. You could download this version and put in your Thief2 folder. Make a backup of your existing one first if you wish. Then uninstall and reinstall the mission in FM Sel and see if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    It's possible this is due to an outdated copy of gen.osm. Seems unlikely given that your objectives complete normally, but worth a try. You could download this version and put in your Thief2 folder. Make a backup of your existing one first if you wish. Then uninstall and reinstall the mission in FM Sel and see if it works.
    Certainly worth a try, Tannar. i'll try it sometime tomorrow, and report back with the result.

Playing as Bumbleson, i believe i have encountered bugs, i can't find the key for the locker 9, however i can frob a switch behind the locker door which opens a secret trap door going down the ladder i found her Constable Brenda, when i already had killed her when i locked her inside the sauna room also i can jump into the river cascade side and mantle up to the broken bridge. one goal is finished "escape..." but i still need to find the waterfall key, where is it?

That poor Constable, so misunderstood. You don't need key 9 as Bumbleson. The Waterfall key is in the office safe. Lionel (in Maintenance) has the code.

Ok, a problem for sure then. All the names are scratched off the list. Is the killer Brother Gerard? He chased me without the death video playing, so I knocked him out. I think I may have borked it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by uncadonego View Post
    Ok, a problem for sure then. All the names are scratched off the list. Is the killer Brother Gerard? He chased me without the death video playing, so I knocked him out. I think I may have borked it that way.
    You KO-ed him. That's why his name is crossed. It's probably a bit confused to see that before you will find evidence who is the killer.

@Tannar:
    I did as you suggested and it works, but the odd thing is that the gen.osm in my T2 installation folder is identical to the one I downloaded via the link you've provided.
    I tested the two gen.osm files with "Meld".

Then I used the original gen.osm and it works too.

Before I posted about the issue I've all ready tried to install and reinstall the FM from both links provided in the OP, several times.

@Balboa:
    Are you aware that the electrified fence around the stone in the back garden disappears if you turn off the power on the fence? (The fence is still there, but it's invisible.)
    Not on Garrett, but on both Bumbleson and Owen.
    At least when I played them.
    And I played Bumbleson and Owen on two different download sources.

Thank you for your help Balboa and Tannar.

That poor Constable, so misunderstood. You don't need key 9 as Bumbleson. The Waterfall key is in the office safe. Lionel (in Maintenance) has the code.
    Misunderstood but dangerous, the way she killed some people show that she manifest psychopath signs. She tried to kill me so i had kill her to keep me safe.

Mission finished, the stats doesn't say how much time i took to finish the mission, but i assume it was around 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Overall it's a satisfying mission, the exterior part with the river and waterfall are well done. adding 3 different distinct stories and missions for 3 characters is very original, i've never seen that before in a mission.

I will submit a positive note/vote for this mission
    Last edited by Cardia; 4th Apr 2020 at 08:27.

Woodsie1, I'm glad that you got the issue fixed, it was bugging me what it could be.

Yes, I have heard about the fence, It's on my list of bugs to fix in a maintenance release after the contest. So far, no bug has turned out to be a mission killer, and I'd like to keep it that way.

uncadonego, I can see that crossing Gerard's name off can be confusing, and I will definitely fix that in the eventual bug fix release after the contest. As he is the killer, and not an 'innocent' guest, you are able to kill or KO him at any time without failing the ghosting objective. And if he sees Garrett, he will chase and attack. He's that kind of guy.
    So, no problem at all, really.

Wow, this mission is really interesting, not only because of the beautiful hotel (really impressive building!), but also the 3 difficulties mean 3 here 3 roles in the story, wow... ingenious.
    Just finished Bumbleson. After seeing the statistics at the end of the mission, i wonder i can find the way out before all others die? Or they have to?
    Is there a key for that little lockbox in Overlook Lounge, under the glowing counter ?
    I couldn't solve the book riddle, could you please give a very direct hint?
    Thank you!

I loved it
    Last edited by Cheela; 4th Apr 2020 at 13:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheela View Post
    Is there a key for that little lockbox in Overlook Lounge, under the glowing counter ?
    I couldn't solve the book riddle, could you please give a very direct hint?
    I believe that both things are only available on Garrett's difficulty.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast