TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: TMA20AC Mission — Ten Little Taffers (Mar 24, 2020)

Good point. I had assumed that since Gerard and Brenda were breaking a statuette after each kill, that the player would know what to do as Owen.

Quote Originally Posted by Balboa View Post
    Good point. I had assumed that since Gerard and Brenda were breaking a statuette after each kill, that the player would know what to do as Owen.
    Oh wait, they did? Haha...i never realized that!! I think because it was never in my field of view and thought it could be this important...maybe it should be highlighted through a light spot or something. Apart from this all the time I was running through the house to find out who the killer is and never was in the ballroom again.

I don´t know if anyone else encountered this bug before or reported it here, since I dont want to get spoilered by reading the forum, but when I go to the side entrance (metal doors) of the mansion my objective with not harming the guests automatically fails. The same happens when Im inside the mansion and want to go outside through that side entrance.

I play with FM selector.

Samantha1, Yes, it's a bug , but easily resolved by the player. Just hit the sparking light with a water arrow before you go through that door. All better now.

All right, thanks! I just finished on "Garrett" and gotta say it was awesome. The story was sth. refreshing and it was so well made. Whenever I found a corpse I was like "oh hells!" And when Brother Gerard was the last one to be alive I was so shocked because I never would have guessed him to be the killer Really a nice one! I usually only play one difficulty, but since this one is not about difficulties but point of views, I´ll try out bumbleson and owen next

Ah and not to forget: A big thank you very much to the german translator, everything was so perfectly nice translated! It made me enjoy this FM even more!
    Last edited by Samantha1; 27th May 2020 at 09:37.

You can thank zappenduster for the translation.

Quote Originally Posted by Balboa View Post
    You can thank zappenduster for the translation.
    Zappenduster is also the one that made the FM "Garrett´s young years xtra", right? I´m a huge fan thanks alot Zappenduster!!

But to not get off-topic here, I encountered another bug in difficulty Owen: after killing some of the guests, some of them were still there, standing around like nothing happened. I could finish it normally regardless. And obviously, I did not kill Garrett in the end. No way I´d ever do that

Yes, sadly, another bug. It's been fixed in the post-contest release, but at least it does not prevent finishing the mission, with or without the demise of Garrett.

Something different

This is one of the most original creations to come from the Thief community.

Very well thought out and well-implemented.

Definitely one of my favorites of the contest so far. (still six to go, though.)

Congratulations to the taffers responsible!

Totally Hooked

I've just played as Garrett and thought it excellent. I love the attention to detail, right from the opening Black and White title, in sort-of homage to the 1965 film. I don’t know what the blocky font is but you reproduced it exactly www.youtube.com/watch?v=KobbZ8VDI00#t=40s. Things can always be improved but the craftsmanship and humour (humor) are very evident. I'm sure many references have gone over my head but like to think Agatha Christie would approve.

It took a while to get used to guest sensitivity and why the game repeatedly ended even when I stayed motionless but I’m so glad I persevered. In my case I found Dorcas did not appreciate the 3 bottles I’d balanced on top of each other in the dumb waiter (and forgotten about, doh!). After that I treated her domain with more respect and things got easier. With shameful use of thread spoilers, YouTube play-throughs, and fortuni’s excellent lootlist I got all the loot. Five perished and I’d like to reduce the number. I’ve only played the first level and don’t know Brenda’s backstory but with 3 stripes shouldn’t she be Sergeant? Although you did say she’s misunderstood so perhaps she recently got demoted.

Loved it. Thank You!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456