TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: TMA20AC Mission The Pursuance Of An Inscrutable Reciprocity (Mar 24, 2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    That is EASTside shop. I've been there and found WESTside shop's key. And it is WESTshop I cannot find.
    How such a small mission can be so frustrating?

Ah, you must be talking about the West side shop money box key that's in the East side shop. You'll need to be on the rooftops for that.

i need help: i eavesdropped the conversation then followed that grey-haired guy to that square with the statues. Then he returned to his companion and just stood still. Every time when I blackjack him on the way back from that square I fail the treasure task.

Unless I'm way off and missing something else.
    Some of the numbers do not look right, not all of them. Those are the ones you need to think about, just as the boy did.

Haven't gotten the gate open yet, but got 2 items into the statues (metal book and gem). Still looking for the mage's staff
    Have you found and read the scroll?

Quote Originally Posted by michael a View Post
    i need help: i eavesdropped the conversation then followed that grey-haired guy to that square with the statues. Then he returned to his companion and just stood still. Every time when I blackjack him on the way back from that square I fail the treasure task.
    I always blackjack him as he runs away from the square, and he always drops his cargo.

@ michael a

The reason it fails is due to him (Mathew) giving back the gem to his friend (Samson). This is why you must knock him out before he gets there.

The problem is that when I knock him BEFORE his return to his companion the task fails.
    Last edited by michael a; 29th Mar 2020 at 07:57.

I'll try to PM you.

How do you actually get to the west side?

Quote Originally Posted by urgrue View Post
    Some of the numbers do not look right, not all of them. Those are the ones you need to think about, just as the boy did.
    Yeah, I tried 4 and 7 which look different, but nothing (4721-7421-7412-4712, none work)

Quite the GORTian knot

Quote Originally Posted by urgrue View Post
    Have you found and read the scroll?
    Yeah just wondering where to find that philosopher

You have misunderstood me. There are some numbers, not digits, on the edge below the clockface, which look peculiar. Look at the other numbers there for comparison; they look OK, right? Take the numbers which should have been there, then calculate.

BTW, this gives the first two digits only.

That texture is so shitty that it is not obvious which numbers are extra shitty and which are just shitty.

4+7+14+17+24=66. 2 and 1 under clocks. So 2166, 1266, 6621, 6621. But not.

Mission 1, Expert. I have the gem from the sewers, no second gem. I heard the conversation between the 2 men, followed the one who goes to the square. I knocked him out as he started to run away. On frobbing him I got a West Side Money Box key, but he has no gem on him and does not drop one on the ground. The money box only has loot in it. Where is the second gem please?
    Last edited by Marbrien; 29th Mar 2020 at 15:30.

Quote Originally Posted by A.Stahl View Post
    That texture is so shitty that it is not obvious which numbers are extra shitty and which are just shitty.

4+7+14+17+24=66. 2 and 1 under clocks. So 2166, 1266, 6621, 6621. But not.
    Yeah it doesn't make any sense. I think I'll go play something else and wait for the thread to develop. There's a ton of bewildering unknowns in this mission, not sure if by design or bugs (I can't find the scepter anywhere, the target puzzle doesn't work with arrows, and there's a secret door panel in a hallway with a suspicious clock nearby, but no buttons anywhere to open it).

It's a great campaign and I'm looking forward to finally getting past all this, but I'm just running in circles at this point

You guys are making the clock puzzle harder than it is. Basically, the clock with the gear under it is your reference. The numbers at the bottom of the clocks are the digits of the code from left to right. The time on the clocks are your number, but you'll need to subtract the reference clock's time from it. That will give you the answer to the digits.

ex:
    Ref Clock = 2:00
    Numbered Clock = 5:00
    Answer for that digit = 3

I beat Mission 1 in 1 hour 42 min and collected 6171 loot, 2 secrets. But to be honest it didn't feel like I did too much. City is big and really feels empty. Loot objective is very easy to complete. Too easy. Despite number of loot I got, number of loot pieces is rather small, it's just these loot pieces are worth more. There is only 1 place I really liked - Eastside Shop, because amount of loot there was good (though I have no idea where is the key for stuff under counter, so I just used sword). Usually it's the same like in your Thief 1 Anniversary Contest entry - 1 piece of loot per 1 place, very rarely 2.

City lacks personality. Big, long and empty streets. Sewers really boring. There is few empty houses, sometimes they have only 3 furnitures in medium size rooms with nothing else (no loot, no item, not even readable). I was really disappointed that the statue isn't secret tunnel to the mansion. I only needed help with exit, because I somehow missed the key. I must say it's very misleading to unlock new area only to find out South Gate was behind door in previously explored area and there is really no indication that this door is important (I thought behind them is a secret).

I wasn't fan of hearing these text to speech voices. Transporting to a locked room when you use skip mission cheat was funny, but also rude. I wonder if it's even allowed to do something like this in this contest. I didn't like entry in mage's book - "entering Mage Guild in previous city". It really feels like he says: in previous mission. It really felt like breaking 4th wall. Just name the city instead. I'm sure this mage knows name of this "previous city". Also east from starting point is frobbable gate behind archer that leads outside of boundaries with one Keeper that I did not KO, because I was worried you will use him for something. It's very easy to fix it by making gate unfrobbable. For the hardest difficulty it was very easy. Small number of patrollers in this big city and only one shenanigan and I have been warned.

So Mission 1 was really weak and it reminded me RotB 2 a lot. I really hope Mission 2 is much better.

Quote Originally Posted by GORT View Post
    You guys are making the clock puzzle harder than it is. Basically, the clock with the gear under it is your reference. The numbers at the bottom of the clocks are the digits of the code from left to right. The time on the clocks are your number, but you'll need to subtract the reference clock's time from it. That will give you the answer to the digits.

ex:
    Ref Clock = 2:00
    Numbered Clock = 5:00
    Answer for that digit = 3
    You're crazy. In a bad way.
    I refuse to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    Where is the second gem please?
    When you KO-ed running guy, gem fell on street near body.

@ A.Stahl

Of course, if you were in the library, you may have already found the code.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    When you KO-ed running guy, gem fell on street near body.
    No it didn't. I have searched the ground thoroughly and there's nothing. Also replayed from an earlier save, still no gem. I'm playing v1.1 BTW.

Weird, it happened to me that way. But maybe gem is actually in his hand and I never noticed. I don't know.

I put him on the raised ledge beside the street to check, and it isn't in either of his hands.

For the first time I play this mission I broke it because I interrupted conversation and that's why I didn't get objectiv "gather more information..."
    Now I'm playing once more on normal and I have colected two gems, and have two keys (westside shop money box and eastside door store key)
    what am I supposed to do ? how to open rotunda house ? how to open door at the end of westside part of town

Quote Originally Posted by bari View Post
    For the first time I play this mission I broke it because I interrupted conversation and that's why I didn't get objectiv "gather more information..."
    Now I'm playing once more on normal and I have colected two gems, and have two keys (westside shop money box and eastside door store key)
    what am I supposed to do ? how to open rotunda house ? how to open door at the end of westside part of town
    Take those gems to a certain (pretty obvious) place, and the rest will follow

So I managed to solve clock puzzle unintended way - grabbed gear through door. It's probably only possible on Tafferpatcher. Now I want to solve this puzzle the intended way. Speaking of which - Gort you have imagination, I would never figured out the solution on my own without your explanation.

So now I have 2 problems regarding this puzzle. I have found orange gear clock and clock with digit #1. I checked the whole mansion few times, but I never found other digits clocks. Where are the other 3?

And also I read book mentioning that woman drawn a picture of levers she used on wall in hallway near her room. Well, I checked walls near room with this book and also every other wall. Nothing. Where is this wall with levers drawing?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast