TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: TMA20AC Mission The Pursuance Of An Inscrutable Reciprocity (Mar 24, 2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    And also I read book mentioning that ...?
    Look very, very carefully in that area, crouch and scan every wall on that floor closely, they're barely visible but are there. It took me 10 minutes to find them

Thanks, Azaran. It took me 10 min to notice it too. This woman is crazy. She was so close to her book, but she decided to write on wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    Thanks, Azaran. It took me 10 min to notice it too. This woman is crazy. She was so close to her book, but she decided to write on wall.
    Yeah and ruining that lovely wood paneling. The mansion owner should take her to court for damages

About this drawing on wall - it's only visible when light is turn on. No wonder I had so much problem to notice it.

Anyway I have finally opened clock puzzle door. Turned out I only needed to use code from Library instead of searching for digit #2, 3 and 4 clocks. I still have no idea where they are.

So I managed to beat this Mission 2 in 1,5 hour and just got 1785 loot (I somehow missed 7000 loot) and got no secrets (rest of loot must be there). Loot is better placed, but still there was a lot of rooms with nothing in them other than furnitures. But furnitures were better placed. I had a lot more fun with this mission. Good number of enemies, lots of machines. That's the first true Thief 2 mission in this contest.

Clock puzzle though needs more clues. There were some items and objects weirdly placed. For example: security door gear is located behind clock puzzle door, which nobody could ever open. And how in the world turrets has been installed behind locked gate in Maze? Not even Mechanists could figure out how to open this gate.

Mission 3 is just a cutscene, but for some reason there is 1810 loot. How to get it? And after you beat this Mission 3 and try to reload save - game freeze. Only music plays, but I can't move anywhere.

Overall campaign feels really uneven. Mission 1 is bad, but Mission 2 is really enjoyable. If you would throw away boring Mission 1, it would feel much better.
    Last edited by Galaer; 30th Mar 2020 at 12:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Take those gems to a certain (pretty obvious) place, and the rest will follow
    Thank You Azaran !

Now I 'm in the mission two..

I'm trying not to get spoiled, so pardon if answers are already posted:
    how do I get past the non-KOable guards?
    I got the purple gem, followed the guy and picked his key (but he didn't have it, nor did a conversation trigger when he got back to his boss); I checked the decor shop his key opened, but couldn't open the cabinets and can't find where to use the new key I found there.

EDIT: I tried again and got the gem, moved the statue, went into the mages tower, etc... Now I'm trying to finish the mission, but following the path south, carrying an invitation, doesn't work. I went back to check the way the guards were blocking and it is open, but it seems like a conversation between the courier and lady is broken. What do I do?
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 31st Mar 2020 at 00:39.

@ MrMunkeepants

First, read the invitation. If you haven't already, Search inside the mages' rotunda after reading the book. There should now be a key next to it. This will open the locked door on the south side. As for the conversation, that was originally where the invitation was going to be. Now it's just a funny conversation where Lucy checks the gem only to find out the hard way that it was a fake one that was swapped.

Quote Originally Posted by GORT View Post
    @ MrMunkeepants
    First, read the invitation. If you haven't already, Search inside the mages' rotunda after reading the book. There should now be a key next to it. This will open the locked door on the south side. As for the conversation, that was originally where the invitation was going to be. Now it's just a funny conversation where Lucy checks the gem only to find out the hard way that it was a fake one that was swapped.
    I did that, went through the guarded tower to find a passive mechanist, but nothing happened.
    Trying again, a conversation triggered. *shrug*
    Honestly I'm not very impressed with mission 1. I hope 2 is better.

Another question, mission 2: what is opened by pressing the second switch-button in library? Where to seek?

Quote Originally Posted by michael a View Post
    Another question, mission 2: what is opened by pressing the second switch-button in library? Where to seek?
    There's a second switch in the library? I only found the one behind a shelf, which opens a compartment in the lower part of the library, atop one of the shelves

There are at least two switches in library - the first mentioned in scroll, and the second in that compartment. Well, looks like the second just for opening the compartment.

GORT you have made some great mission in the past but I'm almost at my wits end with mission 1 of this FM.

I have spent 3 hours scouring the map looking for a number of keys only to discover reading this forum that one of these keys, that presumably opens up the rest of the map, is carried by an AI who I have already KO'd. This is madness, OK maybe I should have listened to a conversation but I was being chased by a guard so KO'd the said AI as I ran past him, how was I to know there was going to be a trace the courier style part of this mission that was game breaking if I didn't pick up on that? That AI should have been a no KO AI, the new objective/s should have been triggered by some other mechanism, we all know that lot of players use their blackjack on everybody indiscriminately so authors shouldn't set up their objectives in this way as it is bound to lead to frustration.

The reason why I carried on looking for the 3/4 keys was because I had looked to see if there were any more objectives in the intrface folder, otherwise I would have assumed that once I had collected enough loot it was time to go to the end point.

Having said that I have just found the blue room (which I'm pretty sure I wasn't meant to access) and one of the AI's in there has the Eastside Decor key on him so I can grab a bit more loot, but still won't be able to access the Mages rotunda and a couple of other buildings. 3017/7472g says it all.

btw for such a large city with so few accessible buildings a map would have been very much appreciated.
    Last edited by fortuni; 1st Apr 2020 at 10:08.

I have had to give up on this one, as I cannot get the second gem so Mission 1 will not complete properly. See my posts #38 and #45.

WHAT!

If I level skip I am sent to a single room and tormented, if I return to the northern gate having completed all the objectives I currently have on my objective screen, I'm sent to my home to get some rest and that's it campaign over, no mission 2.

I want to play mission 2 by normal means not to be forced to replay a badly constructioned first mission all over again because GORT thinks it's funny to mess with players. It's not funny and I'll say so in the Brief Summaries thread.

(Revenge is sweet)
    Last edited by fortuni; 1st Apr 2020 at 10:08.

@Fortuni, Mission one is a breeze compared to 2. Honestly my recommendation is to save this campaign for last, let the thread develop, so more tips are shared.

And come on, did you really expect a GORT campaign to be easy?
    I still haven't finished ROTB, can't get past a certain point no matter how hard I try (don't recall exactly why, but I know it's something fierce)

I finally figured out how to get the sceptre in mission 2, playing on GORTTUFF.
    Hint:
    Have you found the note about the secrets in the Library?

Bigger hint:
    The secrets in the Library are combined...

Edit: This is not an April fools joke!

I have to admit that is a neat little trick, it's evil but then again what else should we expect from GORT.

GORT all your campaigns are seriously clever, yes hard even frustrating and sometimes they're off the beaten track but overall they have all been hugely memorable. I still vividly remember both RoB1 and Unknown Treasure, somehow I get this feeling that I wont forget that trap for some time to come, so thank you.

@Azaran PM me a save, should be able to help.

This may fall on deaf ears for some here, but my suggestion when you rate this mission, don't use the extreme difficulty of the puzzles as a negative - this was expected from this author, and he shouldn't be penalized for it.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    @Azaran PM me a save, should be able to help.
    I'll check if I still have it, I think the last I played it was 3 years ago with Darkloader

OK, turns out my previous solution to the clock puzzle involving looking at weird numbers on a clock face was somewhat fortuitous and coincidental, and knowing what I know now I can't believe it worked. Was this a deliberate attempt to throw idiots like me off the scent? Anyway, there is a much simpler solution. It can be found in a library book. This has nothing whatsoever to do with clocks.

stuck in mission 2:
    I have the gear, though maybe I shouldn't have gotten it yet. I opened the metal door and turned off the security.
    I located and placed the key gem and key book in the maze.

Help with the item for the third garden statue, and the targets in the library?
    Honestly I just want to finish the mission as quickly as possible. Spoil away.

I've eventually managed to get the Ruby of Kyngenston but found getting it to be a bit buggy.

I followed Mathew after the conversation and saw him pickpocket it from the man in the square, he then started running back to his friend Samson. However according to GORT in this post your meant to KO Mathew before he gets back to Samson but however many times I KO'd him no gem fell to the ground, but it did fall to the ground once he had got back to Samson where I then KO'd him, this goes against what GORT says.

However once I had made a hardsave, after Samson had pickpocketed it from the man in the square, the gem fell to the ground both whilst he was returning to Samson and after he had got back to Samson, which again goes against what GORT stated. I can't see why making a hardsave at any point in the script should change the outcome of the appearance of the gem but other players may find the above info useful.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    Help with the item for the third garden statue, and the targets in the library?
    Honestly I just want to finish the mission as quickly as possible. Spoil away.
    Yes, you are thinking correctly. It's just you need to be extremely precise with targets. Basically just shoot every arrow into them until compartment with third item will open.

If you shoot arrows into the targets the combo displays in the training room and securtity room will change.

Me too didn't find gem #2 and still two doors which I can't open. I even followed the guy with the brown clothes and the guard voice by using an invisibility potion to a dark corner where he met a lady in blue. They started a conversation when suddenly they were knocked out by a gas explosion. Weird ...

Looted 3616.

Skipping to mission #2 ...
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast