TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: TMA20AC Mission ó The Pursuance Of An Inscrutable Reciprocity (Mar 24, 2020)

Quote Originally Posted by zappenduster View Post
    Skipping to mission #2 ...
    Good luck!

For people that 2nd gem doesn't spawn, but want to visit Mission 2: go to FM folder and switch names of miss20.mis and miss21.mis with each other. Start new campaign. It will take you to the mission select room. Room CHTR is your reward for skipping the mission. Hole leads to very small mission that I never discovered. Upstairs portal is your reward for beating Mission 2. Room 1 currently will teleport you back to mission select room (normally it would be Mission 1. Room 2 is Mission 2. Room 3 is never finished proper Mission 3. It's empty right now and can't be finished, so consider this as a preview.

I'd figured someone was going to find that out sooner or later. I prefer you do this after finishing the campaign. But since it's been discovered... Major Spoiler! Instead of changing the mission file name, just go into the STRINGS folder and make it so it doesn't skip Miss20 in the MISSFLAG.str file. However, you may be throwing away your chances on getting all of the loot.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    I've eventually managed to get the Ruby of Kyngenston but found getting it to be a bit buggy.

I followed Mathew after the conversation and saw him pickpocket it from the man in the square, he then started running back to his friend Samson. However according to GORT in this post your meant to KO Mathew before he gets back to Samson but however many times I KO'd him no gem fell to the ground, but it did fall to the ground once he had got back to Samson where I then KO'd him, this goes against what GORT says.

However once I had made a hardsave, after Samson had pickpocketed it from the man in the square, the gem fell to the ground both whilst he was returning to Samson and after he had got back to Samson, which again goes against what GORT stated. I can't see why making a hardsave at any point in the script should change the outcome of the appearance of the gem but other players may find the above info useful.
    What worked for me was to blackjack Samson just after the conversation and leave him by the barrels round the corner. When Mathew returns to Samson's unconscious body he is carrying the ruby, and can be blackjacked in the comfort and convenience of a dark alley.

Finally finished after a few days of playing on and off on GORTUFF. I found the stealth to be a little more difficult than average, but not unfair or unmanageable. The puzzles in Mission 2, however, nearly killed me. Partly it was overthinking, but the targets in the library were just plain unresponsive. For those having trouble with that puzzle, I found I was able to get the switches to register when shooting from on top of the bookcase to the left (facing the targets), and leaning out for the farther ones. Mission 2 is definitely better overall than Mission 1 overall, but the puzzles were a nightmare.

Also, the text to speech was just bizarre, especially when there were characters that were properly voiced. I was really confused as to why that choice was made.

I would really appreciate an idiots guide to the to solving the clock puzzle.

I have already found the 3 x keyed items and as far as I can see the only thing you achieve by solving the clock puzzle is that you can collect the bronze gear which you need if you want to access the security room but seeing you can frob the bronze key through the glass doors you don't actually need to solve the clock puzzle.....or I'm I missing something else?

As for the puzzle GORT posted this solution, but even that doesn't make sense. I assume the reference clock is the one in the corridor that shows the time of 8.16, there are also 3 other grandfather clocks in the mansion that show times of 12.03, 12.04 + 11.02 and the big clock in the training room is showing a time of either 10 or 8 depending on how you read the time of that machine

GORT says 'The numbers at the bottom of the clocks are the digits of the code from left to right', but on the free standing grandfather clocks this number is always 6

He then says 'The time on the clocks are your number, but you'll need to subtract the reference clock's time from it.' Using this formula the solution should be a combination of 3, 4, 4, 2 or 0 (11-8, 12-8, 12-8, 10-8 or 8-8), however some of these numbers are not correct.

The actual solution to the clock puzzle does contain some of the above numbers but even when inserted to the odometer correctly and you place the levers in the correct place all that happens is the doors move slightly and then lock again, so how on earth are you meant to get to the bronze gear or is this whole clock puzzle a red herring and you were meant to frob the bronze gear through the glass in the first place.

Edit: Have finished mission and yes without solving clock puzzle.
    Last edited by fortuni; 3rd Apr 2020 at 04:05.

@fortuni

OK, but this is going to be a major spoiler.

Remember, the reference clock starts at midnight (12:00 am) on mission start. aka [0:00].

You're correct about the grandfather clock. It's going to be 6. (ex:#2 clock [6:45] - ref. clock [0:45] = 6) Since it's has a 2 under it, that's the second digit. "_ 6 _ _"

Now about the big clock's numbers, remember how many hours in a day. We all know that there are 24 hours. If you look at the big clock, you can see that the outside numbers go from 1-24.
    We now have the other digits. "_ _ 2 4"
    So, that's how you get the code "4 6 2 4"

If you still don't understand it, well... I guess I could use pictures.

But why does the correct code not work, even after moving the levers?

If you hear odometer make a metallic chime, then the code was entered correctly.

Once both the levers and the code is set, it will work.

However, the doors will not work correctly. In one of the books (purple) in the library, "The Three Seekers of the Occult Mask", talks about the "Statue of Ipaniox". This is needed in order to have the big clock doors to work correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by GORT View Post
    However, the doors will not work correctly. In one of the books (purple) in the library, "The Three Seekers of the Occult Mask", talks about the "Statue of Ipaniox". This is needed in order to have the big clock doors to work correctly.
    But wait, in order to get Statue of Ipaniox you first must disable security. So you need gear and even before that you need to solve clock puzzle. So forcing people to get statue first without mentioning in mission that's the correct order of doing stuff, is just idiotic.

You do not need to disable security to get the statue. Not when I play it! Furthermore, the code for the clock puzzle is in the library book "The finding of the Four Relics".

It’s a confusing puzzle to say the least, I still don’t really understand GORT’s instructions. As far as I know there is only one clock with a number on the floor, the 3 other clocks being unmarked, even then his instructions are meaningless with those who do not have Mensa level IQ. Urgue's solution to the puzzle is the only one that makes sense.

PS. I found the reference to The Mystic Estate, nice touch. Did you use the mansion from The Mystic Estate as a base for this mission or did you purposely design it that way with the Mystic Estate in mind?
    Last edited by fortuni; 3rd Apr 2020 at 08:49.

This thread is more confusing than the mission.

Quote Originally Posted by urgrue View Post
    You do not need to disable security to get the statue. Not when I play it! Furthermore, the code for the clock puzzle is in the library book "The finding of the Four Relics".
    Watcher above gate leading to statue always see me and activates turrets, which kill me very quickly. This forced me to disable security first.

Edit: All right, I found this purple book. Pretty well hidden. It very vaguely explains that clock door will work correctly. Damn, this puzzle is more complicated than I initially thought.

Also if shooting targets change code display, then does anyone know what's the code for opening library compartment. I tried to reopen this compartment and I'm failing miserably.
    Last edited by Galaer; 3rd Apr 2020 at 11:19.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zappenduster View Post
    Skipping to mission #2 ...
    Good luck!
    I made it, I MADE IT!!! Opened very carefully door #1, sneaked without a sound into the corridor and tried to open the door on the opposite side but failed. Some endless minutes later I discovered door #3 and entered the final room!

Looted 000/000. Secrets discovered: 0/0. That's 100%!
    Last edited by zappenduster; 3rd Apr 2020 at 11:25.
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

The target puzzle is a 4 digit code, being a combination of the numbers 1-3, the l/h target being 1, centre 2 and r/h target 3, so you only need 4 arrows to solve the puzzle, and no the targets are not as sensitive as suggested in previous posts, just hit the targets in the right order and you’ll find what your looking for.

Only 81 combinations available, you can do it.
    Last edited by fortuni; 3rd Apr 2020 at 11:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    Watcher above gate leading to statue always see me and activates turrets, which kill me very quickly. This forced me to disable security first.
    No need. There is an electric cable near the light that you can slash with your sword. It is by a wall pillar (in fact there are two wall lights which can be switched off this way).

fortuni: Thanks for explanation. I managed to figure out the code, but used code panel in training room rather than shooting the targets. That's faster. And I also realized that I wrote this code in my notes previously (probably during my first visit in training room after solving Library puzzle), so I didn't need to figure out this puzzle for so long.

urgrue: Thanks, I noticed these cables before, but thought it's just a decoration.

i am about to lose it! What the hell am i supposed to do with the damn targets?!!
    And I found one gem. The one that was in the box in the lady’s room. Where are the other ones? And what do i do with the keyed book? Argghhh help! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Basso The Boxman View Post
    i am about to lose it! What the hell am i supposed to do with the damn targets?!!
    And I found one gem. The one that was in the box in the lady’s room. Where are the other ones? And what do i do with the keyed book? Argghhh help! Lol
    For targets - check fortuni's last post. For items you need to visit Garden.

There are 3 statues hidden in the maze garden. Find them, and all will become clear.

Mission finished in 10 minutes on "normal" difficult, that was fast, also i found this gate frobable which led me here:

https://i.postimg.cc/G2YMMXqD/dump106.png

The city is very well built , Gort design is becoming much better as he makes more missions, the building facades are well detailed, nice architecture shapes. I love when an a author as a care for giving nice touches to he constructions.

I will replay this mission later on another difficult level.

Despite the short experience with this one i will submit a positive note/vote. to this mission.

TMA20AC Mission ó The Pursuance Of An Inscrutable Reciprocity (Mar 24, 2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    For targets - check fortuni's last post. For items you need to visit Garden.
    I donít understand fortuniís post. Left 1 center 2 and right 3 and i need 4 arrows? Do the arrows have to be shot in a particular place on the targets? I cannot enter the garden. I unlocked one statue but canít find the other gems to unlock the other 2

Quote Originally Posted by urgrue View Post
    There are 3 statues hidden in the maze garden. Find them, and all will become clear.
    I did and unlocked one. I canít find the other gems to unlock the other 2.

Basso, if the code for the targets was 1123 you would need to shoot the first 2 arrows at the l/h target, the 3rd arrow at the centre target and the 4th arrow at the r/h target and no you don't have to be that precise with the targets, just hit them in roughly the centre.

When you get the correct code you'll get the final item you need for one of the statues in the garden, you already have 2 items, the 'keyed gem' and the 'keyed book'.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast