TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: TMA20AC Mission ó The Pursuance Of An Inscrutable Reciprocity (Mar 24, 2020)

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    Basso, if the code for the targets was 1123 you would need to shoot the first 2 arrows at the l/h target, the 3rd arrow at the centre target and the 4th arrow at the r/h target and no you don't have to be that precise with the targets, just hit them in roughly the centre.

When you get the correct code you'll get the final item you need for one of the statues in the garden, you already have 2 items, the 'keyed gem' and the 'keyed book'.
    I tried this for 20 minutes and it doesnít work. I also tried what Galaer suggested about putting the 1123 combination in the training room and that also did nothing. Where did you find this combination anyways? I donít understand why any author would make a mission with puzzles that make absolutely no sense and even when you get them they donít work!

The code is not 1123. It is 1321.

Quote Originally Posted by urgrue View Post
    The code is not 1123. It is 1321.
    Thanks that worked. So i got the statue and met the mage. Now what?

Quote Originally Posted by Basso The Boxman View Post
    Thanks that worked. So i got the statue and met the mage. Now what?
    Check the ground floor corridors. Something has changed.

I cannot get the second gem to drop, even after making a hardsave and reloading after he pickpockets the other guy. Don't know what to do to fix this.

Have you tried the method in post #79?

After "An Enigmatic Treasure with a Recondite Discovery", we have "The Pursuance of An Inscrutable Reciprocity" Man where you find those incredible titles ?
    I allow myself to suggest others for your future projects, what about "An extravagant and convoluted theological story at the end of a journey without return" ? Or maybe "The incredible adventures of a pusillanimous thief with questionable habits" ? This one sounds better isn't it ?

Anyway, found 1k/7472, loots are very well hidden !! Let's go for the expert difficulty....

I managed to finish this in one evening, though I did need to consult this thread several times.

Had to restart Mission 1 from the very beginning after realizing I'd somehow screwed myself over, because the shop owner failed to drop the ruby when I blackjacked him on his way back to the nobleman, so I reloaded figuring I'd get it later some other way. I was miffed for sure, though I did find a few extra pieces of loot and one extra secret the second time through (totaling 6416/7472 loot and 2/3 secrets), so it wasn't all bad. The ruby theft also worked correctly this time around, so I had no trouble moving on to Mission 2. (And tell your Keeper friend thanks for the potions and loot!)

In the mansion, I resorted to shooting at the targets at random until I found the correct sequence, and I was able to frob the gold gear through the glass doors. The clock puzzle was especially tricky, because I didn't realize the gear clock was related to the numbered clocks, and I misunderstood the kid's journal and counted more than just the outer ring of numbers on the 24-hour clock. But, with a little help, I was able to finish the mission, ending up with 2/2 secrets and...2435/9011 loot?!

Your architecture and texture work in both the city and the mansion is incredibly beautiful! I look forward to playing this again, now that I know what I'm doing!

One more try on clock puzzle. So Clock #1 shows 9:45 and bronze Gear Clock shows 2:45. 2:45 - 9:45 = 5 hours. So first digit is 5, but I know it's wrong. Even doing it backwards it gives: 9:45 - 2:45 = 7 hours. And that's also wrong. It should be 4 somehow. As for second digit I couldn't find clock with "2" under it.

GORT, please, check your entry if you put clock #2 into your entry, because really I'm getting crazy. I have strong suspicion that you didn't put it.

I'll PM you.

I've just found out that there's a major problem with the clocks for the puzzle. Don't use them. The library has the answer.

I'm on mission one. Been in the east side shop, even have the ruby from that guy I needed to follow. However, I have to concerns:

- I don't find a way into the west side shoip, I only have a key for their box.
    - At the west side of the city, I found a round building with two accessible flats and a roof I can jump to other roofs from. However, I cannot reach any more roofs from here to proceed.

Where exactly to go now?

@ticky

OK, for the west side key, you'll need to get on the rooftops. There's a ladder that leads up to get on top of the green and red buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by GORT View Post
    @ticky

OK, for the west side key, you'll need to get on the rooftops. There's a ladder that leads up to get on top of the green and red buildings.
    Could you be a bit more specific, please? Where is this ladder?

The southern part of the city is where you should start at. Get to the top of the spiral stairs and get outside. There are two ways to do this. Either you make a running jump to the ledge across from you, or you can use a rope arrow on the wooden part of the roof top next to you. This will give access to get on top of those buildings.

The southern part of the city is where you should start at. Get to the top of the spiral stairs and get outside. There are two ways to do this. Either you make a running jump to the ledge across from you, or you can use a rope arrow on the wooden part of the roof top next to you. This will give access to get on top of those buildings.
    Yes, I'm already there. I mean:

1. I went up the spiral staircase (on the way there were accessible residential flats)
    2. From here, I jumped across the other building
    3. From here, I cannot go eksewhere, I cannot see any ladders, frobbable doors, windows, or roofs to continue to.

I'll PM you.

Mission 2, Gortuff.

I already have the gear (it was frobbable from behind the bars in the training room). I hit the code in the training room, and I also think the levers (six) become frobbable. But what to do with them?

Also, despite turning the lights on, I cannot find the drawing in the corridor the little lady mentioned.

Also, what to do in the security room? It shows the code I entered in the training room, but here's nothing I can do. What does 1321 and 4624 code do?

I've been in the garden maze, and unlocked one statue with a book (of three), because I only found one book.

Please help, spoilers welcome, since this is a hard mission.
    Last edited by ticky; 9th Apr 2020 at 18:20.

1.) To have these doors to open correctly, not only you need the code and the correct lever combination but you will also need the statue from the garden maze. But since you have the gear, don't even worry about this puzzle.

2.) The lever combo is to the left of the center window. Also, it's a boy.

3.) OK. In this room you'll need the code that's on a scroll you find in one of the bedrooms. This scroll also triggers an objective.
    LOL Believe it or not, you've discovered the codes for the other puzzles (The targets and the clock). The reason why they will show up here is due to the odometer being linked to all of the codes. The targets are labeled 1 2 3 from left to right.
    The book is one of three items. You'll need the keyed book, the keyed scepter, and a keyed gem.

Near the beginning there is a portcullis near some generators, and it leads to an area behind the wall. The back side of the wall has no texture, and at the end of the wall is a Keeper. I feel that this is an oversight and was missed during beta testing.

@john9818a

Yeah... about that... I thought that was fixed, but I guess there's another way on getting in there. Players are NOT meant to be there. That Keeper is important for all of the script events in the mission.

2.) Also, it's a boy.
    Wait, that's a boy? I always thought it's mother of girl from opposite room.

There's a boy and a girl. The blue wall room is the boy's room, and the reddish-pink room is the girl's room. Just look inside their toy boxes.

1.) To have these doors to open correctly, not only you need the code and the correct lever combination but you will also need the statue from the garden maze. But since you have the gear, don't even worry about this puzzle.

2.) The lever combo is to the left of the center window. Also, it's a boy.

3.) OK. In this room you'll need the code that's on a scroll you find in one of the bedrooms. This scroll also triggers an objective.
    LOL Believe it or not, you've discovered the codes for the other puzzles (The targets and the clock). The reason why they will show up here is due to the odometer being linked to all of the codes. The targets are labeled 1 2 3 from left to right.
    The book is one of three items. You'll need the keyed book, the keyed scepter, and a keyed gem.

1 - GORT, I don't get you at all. I could not get the statue from the garden maze, and yes, I have the gear, and used it in the security room. In the security room, I cannot do anything, just see that a previously entered code is there. HOW TO disable security?

2 - LOL

3 - I cannot see what to do with the targets. Also, for the scepter and a keyed gem, are there any suggestions?

1.) There's a number pad at the lower left.

3.)For the scepter, the targets. Think of the targets as numbers 1, 2, and 3 from left to right. 1 3 2 1.
    For the gem, check the east bedroom. You'll need a key.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast