TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: TMA20AC Mission The Pursuance Of An Inscrutable Reciprocity (Mar 24, 2020)

Quote Originally Posted by GORT View Post
    There's a boy and a girl. The blue wall room is the boy's room, and the reddish-pink room is the girl's room. Just look inside their toy boxes.
    For my defense, I assumed that mother would prefer to have room closer to her child. And also guards reaction in diary persuade me it's more probable for woman to get underestimated than for male. I guess I watched to more movies about tomboy girls.

@john9818a

Yeah... about that... I thought that was fixed, but I guess there's another way on getting in there. Players are NOT meant to be there. That Keeper is important for all of the script events in the mission.
    I figured that because the Keeper attacked me for being there.

1.) There's a number pad at the lower left.

3.)For the scepter, the targets. Think of the targets as numbers 1, 2, and 3 from left to right. 1 3 2 1.
    For the gem, check the east bedroom. You'll need a key.
    where is the key for that little locker in the east bedroom?

As for the training room - when I dial the code 4624 and then hit the switches according to the little boy's drawing, the double doors in front of the machinery open for a second, then quickly close. What else I gotta do here?

Man, this mission is something one couldn't finish without the author's help.

Luckily I have the scepter now.
    Last edited by ticky; 10th Apr 2020 at 18:05.

Well, I managed to finish the mission, not without the help of the hints in this thread though. The city in the first mission felt a little too empty in my opinion and the voices generated by text to speech sometimes made me feel like I was playing a meme FM . I also had a bug, as I could not get the gem to drop from the guy pickpocketing, I had to try another strange method to get it, posted on this thread. Ended up finding around 6100 loot in the first mission. Now the second mission I feel is the strong point of this FM, I think the puzzles were all right, but I couldn't understand the clock puzzle, but you could find all the answers on documents around the mansion. I also never found the code for the targets in the library, I had to look it up here, and the targets were a bit hard to get them to respond, I had to shoot almost point blank for them to work. Those were the only puzzles I needed help with. The look of the mansion reminded me of the Masks OM, very nice. I have a question though: at the end, a cutscene plays where Garrett combines the scepter and the gem and then explodes, is that the true ending or have I missed something? lol

@ GORT

How are you meant to correctly meant to open the doors to the cupboards under the counter in the Eastside Decor shop? No keys and no levers but you can still frob the items through the doors even though you placed a block frob on those shutters.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    How are you meant to correctly meant to open the doors to the cupboards under the counter in the Eastside Decor shop? No keys and no levers but you can still frob the items through the doors even though you placed a block frob on those shutters.
    I used Sword key.

Good thinking Galaer, Fire keys also work.

No working download links

I checked both southquarter and the google drive, but this mission is not on the lists. How do I download it?

It's there on both d/l sites, it's listed as TPOAIR

Finished. The most difficult of this contest!

Just finished both missions on Gorttuff (thanks to a lot of help here), Thought the first mission could of had a bit more to it Had to knock out Gem guy 5 times before he dropped that Gem but really enjoyed the second

mission! a lot of brain work was used there, I even applied for NASA and they accepted! still missed 6000 loot in mission 2 though, where is that loot?...

There is 7472g available in mission 1 and 2595g available in mission 2 which gives a campaign loot of a total of 10067g. If you generate a report once you have started mission 2, the loot you found in mission 1 is in the loot report showing as SpecialPurse, but the special purse loot is not added to your campaign total in the end game stats.

With a lot of help from this thread, I was finally able to finish the missions, although I am missing a lot of loot in both missions. Definately a challenging but also rewarding campaign.

I also had to restart mission 1, after I have played it for about 40 minutes, because the nobleman did not drop the gem, and I did not any other save states than the quicksave. Normally I would not have bothered with replaying half a mission again, but the city design and architecture was so great, that I did not mind it in this case.

Hi all, i love this mission, needs a lot of brainwork
    I would like to ask that i played the first mission quite careless, i when turning right at the beginning, i gas arrowed the guards and koed all who could be koed, included the noble woman in the blue dress. is she important later in the story?
    I even didn't have found the further info about mages, still need to find a key for a round house and have a key personal chest or sg similar, from a mech woman where is it to? Oh and i found a kind oftower, spiral case with a metal plate at the top of it, and strange things on the ceiling above that plate, can it be activated somehow?
    Edit: i have got the two gems, but the nobleman was koed right after stealing the red gem, should i have waited more, until he delivered it to that another man? Thank youl
    Some places are very tricky to reach them.
    I think i need the mission restart, but i will do it with pleasure.
    Last edited by Cheela; 13th Apr 2020 at 13:50.

Playing on Normal, the loot goal in the first mission is 500. I got around 300 from a single house and then 200 more from the belt of a guard with one of those blackjack-proof helmets. I went back to the starting area, anticipating I would get a new objective en route. But no, the mission just ended. I thought maybe the second mission would be longer. Wrong again. It was over in 15 seconds. Total game time for both missions was 18 minutes and 40 seconds.

If this is intentional, it is clever. I have never played a mission in which you do a very simple robbery and then go back home for a good night's rest, with no complications whatsoever.

Definitely going to reload my save from the first mission. There must be more to this.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Definitely going to reload my save from the first mission. There must be more to this.
    Yeah, you missed 1 conversation in the city that lead to the real Mission 2.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    IMPORTANT: This mission has been updated to v1.2 to address a bug which could make the mission impossible to finish.

After an hour on mission 1, I hit the same gamebreaking mission 1 bug (the gem not dropping) as several others upthread. Wasted an hour searching for the westside money box that the key led to, thinking it'd lead me to the gem. Nope. Hit the forums and learned that it was a bug.

I'm going to give this mission another go later on. Hopefully this is the bug that 1.2 has fixed? The readme doesn't say.

Edit: yes, the gem appearead as intended this time!
    Last edited by vfig; 15th Apr 2020 at 22:23.

Yes, after well over two hours, the gem bug was finally fixed. And I've ran it through quite a few times.
    Also, the hands on all of the clocks are now working correctly.

Thanks for the fixes, GORT! I was able to get through mission 1 successfully this time.

And I've finished this campaign now! I'm afraid to say it was not so much the reciprocity that was inscrutable as the puzzles in mission 2… I don't know what to say except what the taff? The only way I got past any of them—after hours of searching and leeroy jenkinsing my way past the somehow permanently alerted turrets—was by seeing the answers posted in this thread. Even with the answers, I can't figure out how they are supposed to make sense! However, although expressing my bafflement is cathartic for me, it doesn't do anyone else much good, so I'll leave it at that.

I really liked the "easy" ending to Mission 1

GORT, are you interested in my (hopefully constructive) feedback on your puzzle design? If so, I am happy to write it up in the Editor's Guild (it'd be a bit too long and OT for this thread, I think).

Later edit: So I had to rewatch my recordings of this mission in order to find where to cut out me searching the forums for puzzle hints. And it's good that I did! The puzzles left me very bitter about the whole thing when I finished, but rewatching with a clearer head reminded me of all the good bits—so I had to revise the score I'd given it. This is a really solid mini campaign! The mansion is great! It's just those damn puzzles that really drag it down.
    Last edited by vfig; 19th Apr 2020 at 01:05.

Any tips to my questions in post 139?

For the round house, the two gems must be put in the right places. There are hints in this thread to help you.

As for the top of the spiral staircase, try jumping whilst looking up.

So where do I go with the invitation to finish mission 1? If it's the slip of paper we find in one of the shops, then I got it, and other objectives are complete (though I have one locked door left near the southern end of the map).

@andyln
    Did you get both of the family gems and use them?

Yes, I used the gems and been to the rotunda.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast