TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: TMA20AC Mission The Pursuance Of An Inscrutable Reciprocity (Mar 24, 2020)

Did you get the key right by the book?

Wait, did it only appear after reading the book? Dunno how could I miss that... And I never came back to the rotunda because I managed to lock all the boosted guards inside Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GORT View Post
    Yes, after well over two hours, the gem bug was finally fixed. And I've ran it through quite a few times.
    Also, the hands on all of the clocks are now working correctly.
    I'm not sure if this is related to the bug, but after a conversation between to AI I followed the one guy who supposedly went to get a ruby? but came back with nothing.

@john9818a

Did you knock him out after he took it and starts to head back? You need to knock him out before he gets back to Samson.

GORT the first time I did knock him out before he got back to Samson but after he left the other guy with the guard voice, and I got a new objective saying I won't get that treasure...

Edit: How do I get into the building on the SW side in the corner?

I noticed that every time I bump into someone I hear a bash sound.
    Last edited by john9818a; 18th Apr 2020 at 20:01. Reason: added question

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    Edit: How do I get into the building on the SW side in the corner?
    Have a look at posts #148 to #152 above.

One important question...
    Are you playing version 1.20? This version should have the bug fix on the gem.

Remember the briefing and/or that tip that was talking about everyone being jumpy? Well, if you "bump" into them, they'll feel it, get startled and turn around.

Yes I downloaded 1.20 before I got too far into 1.10.

I hate to say this but anytime I bump into someone they don't react. I just went back to try it again, and only one no-KO reacted. But even when the AI are KO I still hear the bump. I can see that the bump was intended.

Urgrue thanks. I might have to get past this bug first.

I might have to get past this bug first.
    Have you tried the method in post #79 yet?

So just east of the mission 1 beginning, between the meat shop sign and weaponsmith sign there is a house at an angle with an open attic window. However, it seems impossible to actually get into the window no matter what I've tried because I can't fit in / not enough room to crouch on the tiny ledge just outside. I've tried so much to jump in off of a rope arrow with 0 success. Did anyone else have this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Toulomne View Post
    So just east of the mission 1 beginning, between the meat shop sign and weaponsmith sign there is a house at an angle with an open attic window. However, it seems impossible to actually get into the window no matter what I've tried because I can't fit in / not enough room to crouch on the tiny ledge just outside. I've tried so much to jump in off of a rope arrow with 0 success. Did anyone else have this problem?
    Can be a bit tricky - I shot a rope arrow into the beam below and climbed/mantled up and into the attic window. Maybe don't climb right to the top of the rope before mantling. If you still have problems maybe check you've new_mantle enabled in your cam_ext.cfg file?

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    where is the key for that little locker in the east bedroom?
    (This is a bedroom with two little lockers, one on each nightstand on each side of the bed.)

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    As for the training room - when I dial the code 4624 and then hit the switches according to the little boy's drawing, the double doors in front of the machinery open for a second, then quickly close. What else I gotta do here?

I'm having the same issue (both of them) as ticky and I am playing Version 1.2 of TPOAIR. I'm playing "Daring" difficulty. I do have the keyed book and keyed scepter. What do I need to do next?

- prjames

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    (This is a bedroom with two little lockers, one on each nightstand on each side of the bed.)

I'm having the same issue (both of them) as ticky and I am playing Version 1.2 of TPOAIR. I'm playing "Daring" difficulty. I do have the keyed book and keyed scepter. What do I need to do next?

- prjames
    You need a third keyed item, which is to be found in the cashbox on the RHS (your LHS) of the bed.

- prjames
    Just like urgrue mentioned you need one more keyed item, which is in cashbox in one of bedrooms on 1st floor. Key for it has woman who was talking in Training Room. After getting all keyed items visit Garden. Thanks to that you get another item, which will make Clock Puzzle to work correctly. Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    Just like urgrue mentioned you need one more keyed item, ...
    Thank you; I was able to complete the mission with this info.

Strange ending... I guess that's what the mage meant when he said "there's no going back."

- prjames

Thank you; I was able to complete the mission with this info.

Strange ending... I guess that's what the mage meant when he said "there's no going back."

- prjames
    And you'll notice at the end, there's no going anywhere.

@urgrue

This is a to be continued scene. Originally, there was going to be a third mission (which is why the player will notice that there's loot in the cut-scene). Sadly, I didn't have enough time for it to make the deadline for the contest. However, I do plan on making a post-contest version that includes the third mission and hopefully get rid of all of the bugs.
    This version will still comply with the rules, aside from the deadline.

@GORT

I look forward to seeing that, as long as I do not succumb to you-know-what first.

Quote Originally Posted by urgrue View Post
    Have you tried the method in post #79 yet?
    I just tried that method and it works. Thanks Urgrue! Now after I read the book on the center table of the mage's rotunda I hear a horrendous noise.

Edit: I solved the noise problem by moving the TGSFX folder out of this FM's folder.
    Last edited by john9818a; 25th Apr 2020 at 15:07.

Now after I read the ... I hear a horrendous noise.
    Intriguing! Tell us more.

I didn't see your post Urgrue and I edited mine. I moved the TGSFX folder out of this FM's folder. I still heard the TG ambient being played as music though.

Quote Originally Posted by GORT View Post
    I've just found out that there's a major problem with the clocks for the puzzle. Don't use them. The library has the answer.
    When I completed the target puzzle, the result was displayed in the training room.

Can you please give me a hint on the small switch?

Also I used all three items in the maze garden but nothing happened. At least I didn't find anything different. I hope that wasn't supposed to open the gate because the gate was already open.

Edit: Found the switch!
    Last edited by john9818a; 25th Apr 2020 at 21:34.

When I completed the target puzzle, the result was displayed in the training room.
    Yes, helpful wasn't it?

Can you please give me a hint on the small switch?
    You mean the button in the library?

Also I used all three items in the maze garden but nothing happened. At least I didn't find anything different. I hope that wasn't supposed to open the gate because the gate was already open.
    That's not supposed to happen. Are you sure the gate was open before you put the last item in place? If it was, I'm guessing GORT would like a save of that.

Edit: Found the switch!
    You're welcome.

Yes it was open before I placed any of the objects. The problem is that if the turrets bombard the doors enough then the doors will open.

I see, not a bug but a feature! GORT will need to look at that, I'm sure.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast