TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TMA20AC Mission Time For Change (Mar 27, 2020)

This level feels very 1999-2000. It's understandable since you're just starting out. I don't mind stark level design necessarily. But in particular, I really didn't care for the mine in the basement, which ended my ironman run. That seemed like bad design to me. Otherwise, good first effort. Maybe a little more time in the oven next time.

Edit: Here's my run of the mission (second attempt): https://youtu.be/Fql9gFOq2uc
    Last edited by FlowstatePhoenix; 25th Apr 2020 at 05:29.

Stats:
    • Easy difficulty
    • 54 minutes
    • 3270 of 3815 loot
    • 3 of 3 secrets

• A commendable effort for a first-time author. I think this is a fun, worthwhile contribution to the contest.
    • I liked the small-scale mystery of rumors about upcoming changes in the warehouses.
    • The architecture is simple, but I felt you really tried to make the rooms interesting with varied textures, decorations, and colored lighting.
    • There is ample use of ambient sounds.
    • Guards are mostly well placed. Ghosting this will be a challenge.

Possible improvements:
    • Try to add more verticality to your next mission. Time For Change is mostly built on one flat surface.
    • Try to make the environments a bit more believable. Some of these buildings are just boxes connected by corridors.
    • Some AI are placed in buildings which they do not fit in. For example, the City Watch is patroling inside one of the warehouses.
    • There is guard journal in one of the warehouses that uses the Hammerite holy scripture background.
    • Some of the journals contain spelling errors: "He has been hear two years and haven't spoken a word."
    • A journal in the police station mentions the seven deadly sins. That is a Christian concept and does in my opinion not fit into the world of Thief.
    • I would appreciate a page for ingame notes on the map screen.
    • The walls next to the tiara atop three crates in the warehouse area need some brushwork. There are weird gaps between them.
    • If you wake up sleeping guards, knock them out, and then them drop them to the floor, they float slightly above the surface.
    • You can shoot a rope arrow to reach the top of some boxes next to where the second spider bot is parked to reach the ceiling of the mission.

That "possible improvements" list is very useful for the future, thanks!

Oh this is a really great FM for your first try! I enjoyed it alot. Great to explore and a nice little story. Definitely one of my favourites of this contest

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12