TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Youtube Gaming Channels

Also do a 'worst stealth levels in non-stealth games'. Because I've ragequit multiple games because of badly implemented stealth levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvester View Post
    Also do a 'worst stealth levels in non-stealth games'. Because I've ragequit multiple games because of badly implemented stealth levels.
    "10 Worst Stealth Levels in Stealth-Based Games" also has some merit.

That hbomberguy video is very good IMO, even at that insane length. I ended up watching/listening to it while preparing a couple of dinners/lunches, at 1.5 x speed, so it wasn't quite that long in the end, but he makes a lot of really good points. Nothing terribly new, but he's good at pointing out examples where the design and writing made things considerably weaker than it could've been.

I don't care enough about DX:HR to watch that video, but I did watch his Dark Souls 2 video recently, and it was disappointing. I do think the game is underrated, but Hbomberguy made some bad arguments in support of it, like "The Gutter is better than Blighttown because you only have to do The Gutter once." And around the halfway mark he started tossing in some really mean-spirited jabs at people who prefer the first Dark Souls.

So, while I still think he's a good entertainer, my opinion of him as a game critic isn't so high anymore.

Level 10,000 achieved
    The finest of youtubes......

Level 10,000 achieved
    Noclip just released ~1h of footage from Arkane's cancelled Half-Life game "Ravenholm". I've watched a bit and I gotta say it's a shame this never got finished. Looks fun!

I know better than to play MMORPGs, since I have the character flaws that make them dangerous. But watching videos about them is fair game, and I was surprised by how compelling I found this silly challenge run of Runescape:

Runescape has arbitrarily constrained, endlessly grindy gameplay, but somehow that makes for interesting challenge runs. The one above is constrained to one biome of the overworld. After watching the above I found the below, with better production values:

The best explanation I can think of is that the Runescape models and animations are so primitive that machinima becomes much easier than in other games.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345