TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Thief 3 ESRGAN Textures & Videos Pack

Thanks a lot DX2 has similar problem with textures (bluriness, probably "thanks" to x-box) so its really good idea to fix this

Sneaky Upgrader
    Quote Originally Posted by szmotsu View Post
    did snobel shared his MatLib application? Currently i am working with some objects mod and this would be really helpful...
    The latest version is here. I'm going to test it with DX2 matlibs now, will post updates if there are changes.

Edit: As far as I could tell, the only difference is in the names of categories (compare MatLib\Categories.txt for each game). So here's version 0.34 with a --dx2 arg to select the proper set of names for DX2. (I'll leave the v0.33 archive up, because it contains some example files that are not in the new one.)
    Last edited by snobel; 23rd May 2020 at 11:50.

Are there any formatting limitations with T3 videos outside of being in .bik format? Resolution, fps, compression, file size, etc.?

Sneaky Upgrader
    Videos don't have to be in Bink format. The SU includes ffmpeg, or at least the set of decoders which allow dynamic linking, including AVC for instance. The filenames must still end in .bik, unfortunately. There's no restrictions on resolution, frame rate etc. as long as you're not going to extremes.

Quote Originally Posted by snobel View Post
    The latest version is here. I'm going to test it with DX2 matlibs now, will post updates if there are changes.

Edit: As far as I could tell, the only difference is in the names of categories (compare MatLib\Categories.txt for each game). So here's version 0.34 with a --dx2 arg to select the proper set of names for DX2. (I'll leave the v0.33 archive up, because it contains some example files that are not in the new one.)
    Thanks a lot - tested on W7 and it worked as designed - this should make my work, with testing different materials and shader a lot easier! Anyway i have a request - could you please consider to compile this with Windows XP compatibility flag? I know that XP is 20 years old but Im still using it in some cases (T3 editing is a good example as using 3ds max 5.1 is still required to export TIM meshes) so i have multiple systems on my drive... Sneaky upgrade installer also won't work but i managed this simply by installing T3 on W7 and moving necessary files to proper location.

Regarding textures - poorly that in original game DXT1 compression make textures so blury and pixelated mess. Most of the time i was playing with John P textures, but for some design is little bit to far from original one.
    Last edited by szmotsu; 28th May 2020 at 07:10.

Sneaky Upgrader
    It won't build using the v141_xp toolset. In general I've had to give up on XP, as tools are dropping support and I have to stay updated as I enjoy the comforts of modern C++.

I know that matlib-wise, 3DS Max 5.1 runs fine on Win7 - is there a .tim plugin which doesn't?

Hello. Long time no see.
    I tweaked and fixed Thief 3 ESRGAN Pack a little with some textures being improved and fixed all the known bugs.
    It's a placebo, but I think loading times are faster for a few seconds.
    Heavily edited MatLib file, removed a lot of changes not implemented ingame (for example, normal maps do not apply to textures with transparency, so normal maps are not needed for them).

Download link:
    https://cloud.mail.ru/public/4eck/3iUTuooJn

Unpack everything to:
    c:\ProgramData\Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade\Installed Mods\Collective Texture Pack\

P.S. I started to play Thief 3 for myself. And it's prettier than I thought it would be. ESRGAN pack do not change things a lot, but sometimes apply more detailed look. Main thing it does - it fixes some very broken original textures with heavy square blocked artifacts in normal maps and on characters. So the game is more in a unified pretty look without wild inconsistencies in visuals. Also it is easier to look for issues since there is not much feedback from you)

Found interesting artifacts in arrows
    This is vanilla game without ESRGAN textures

This is with ESRGAN

Is there are any way to fix shadows/hightlights for arrows? I tried to change transparency for INVarrowFEATHERA.dds, but to no effect

Also maybe I will try to reupscale some normal maps with new models I used for Deus Ex 2. I found them removing those rescale artifacts better. It's about 20-30 normal maps being ugly for now.

About the artifacts, are this "green-violet tint" in wall rocks an artifact of the original textures compression or simply a choice of the developers (hardly)?
    Isn't possible to "mitigate" it in the rescaling process?

It's choice of the developers plus compression artifacts)
    The smaller the texture the more information is lost to compression. It's more visible on normal map textures

Counted 75 textures which can be improved (I hope)
    Mostly normals, but also some diffuse textures there I can duplicate ***512*.dds filename to ***256*.dds variant

Ok, I improved those 60-70 normal maps. Will search for more ways to improve pack and to fix issues during my playthrough. I will reupload pack if I will not found any.

Thanks for the dedication, man!

Anyone know what to do with those square shadows and selection for arrows?

I must admit, after all the work Thief 3 looks really good, a lot of artifacts vanished and most of those square artifacts in textures.
    I completed training, first mission and first part of the City - no issues so far.
    I forced filtering and antialiasing throught nVidia panel

ReShade works strange. For some reason it is not detecting depth buffer, and some effects are crashing game (MXAO, RayTracing, SMAA). I'm using standard d3d9to8 library and latest ReShade.

You can't force AA is you're using the Bloom.
    Well, you can force the FXAA.

Or use ReShade
    Lastest ReShade works but you must set the depth distance multiplier to 2.

My choice for TDS is No Bloom and in-game AA (after installing and configuring Sneaky Upgrade of course) OR ReShade.

DO NOT USE MXAO (and other Marty shaders, they have some issues in with DXIW and TDS depth buffer), use SSDO from the standard package

All the instructions here -> https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthre...=1#post2451428

Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    DO NOT USE MXAO (and other Marty shaders, they have some issues in with DXIW and TDS depth buffer), use SSDO from the standard package

All the instructions here -> https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthre...=1#post2451428
    I tried that and it... short of works, but the occlusion renders in a small window in the top left corner of the screen, according to the debug mode. You see the shadows of the geometry floating at the corner of your eye ingame.
    As a side note, I also used the PPFX Bloom shader enablind HDR & Tonemap with a Tonemap Contrast Intensity value of 0.815 and it sets an incredible mood, while making the shadows not too dark. The normal look of the game looks so sterile in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffingtaffer View Post
    You see the shadows of the geometry floating at the corner of your eye ingame.
    Ghosting?
    Screenshot please!

Ghosting?
    Screenshot please!

Yes, ghosting.

It's the intro/tutorial mission, right?

Yes, ghosting.

It's the intro/tutorial mission, right?
    That it is. I thought maybe borderless mode had something to do with it, but fullscreen is the same.

Working perfectly right, here (lastest SU, lastest reshade, lastest shader package)

I don't know what else I can try... NVIDIA drivers are updated, game has no application profile, in-game bloom and AA are off, I've reinstalled the game and Sneaky Patch, Reshade and shaders are at the latest version...

Have you set the viewportscale to 100 in SU/default config file, right?

EDIT: "no rotation blur" in Sneaky Tweaker

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast