TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thief 3 ESRGAN Textures & Videos Pack

Thanks a lot DX2 has similar problem with textures (bluriness, probably "thanks" to x-box) so its really good idea to fix this

Sneaky Upgrader
    Quote Originally Posted by szmotsu View Post
    did snobel shared his MatLib application? Currently i am working with some objects mod and this would be really helpful...
    The latest version is here. I'm going to test it with DX2 matlibs now, will post updates if there are changes.

Edit: As far as I could tell, the only difference is in the names of categories (compare MatLib\Categories.txt for each game). So here's version 0.34 with a --dx2 arg to select the proper set of names for DX2. (I'll leave the v0.33 archive up, because it contains some example files that are not in the new one.)
    Last edited by snobel; 23rd May 2020 at 11:50.

Are there any formatting limitations with T3 videos outside of being in .bik format? Resolution, fps, compression, file size, etc.?

Sneaky Upgrader
    Videos don't have to be in Bink format. The SU includes ffmpeg, or at least the set of decoders which allow dynamic linking, including AVC for instance. The filenames must still end in .bik, unfortunately. There's no restrictions on resolution, frame rate etc. as long as you're not going to extremes.

Quote Originally Posted by snobel View Post
    The latest version is here. I'm going to test it with DX2 matlibs now, will post updates if there are changes.

Edit: As far as I could tell, the only difference is in the names of categories (compare MatLib\Categories.txt for each game). So here's version 0.34 with a --dx2 arg to select the proper set of names for DX2. (I'll leave the v0.33 archive up, because it contains some example files that are not in the new one.)
    Thanks a lot - tested on W7 and it worked as designed - this should make my work, with testing different materials and shader a lot easier! Anyway i have a request - could you please consider to compile this with Windows XP compatibility flag? I know that XP is 20 years old but Im still using it in some cases (T3 editing is a good example as using 3ds max 5.1 is still required to export TIM meshes) so i have multiple systems on my drive... Sneaky upgrade installer also won't work but i managed this simply by installing T3 on W7 and moving necessary files to proper location.

Regarding textures - poorly that in original game DXT1 compression make textures so blury and pixelated mess. Most of the time i was playing with John P textures, but for some design is little bit to far from original one.
    Last edited by szmotsu; 28th May 2020 at 07:10.

Sneaky Upgrader
    It won't build using the v141_xp toolset. In general I've had to give up on XP, as tools are dropping support and I have to stay updated as I enjoy the comforts of modern C++.

I know that matlib-wise, 3DS Max 5.1 runs fine on Win7 - is there a .tim plugin which doesn't?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12