TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Mission 48 - Where is it?

Mission 48 - Where is it?

I was watching Fenphoenix old playthrough of 48 hours contest and noticed that he made bonus video for mission not listed in contest thread. It's called Mission 48. I tried to find it, but I failed. Can someone tell me from where to download it?

There author only made it available for a 24 hour period. It wasn’t an entry to the 48 hour contest, more of an exercise to show what could be achieved in 48hours. IIRC it was made in response to a specific post about how little authors could achieve in such a short time.

But Fenphoenix played this mission 1 year after end of contest, so he must have downloaded from somewhere. Right?

It was only available for d/l for 24 hours, I don't have a copy but someone else may.

I still have it, here it is:

48HC_FortyEight.zip

I'll only leave it up for 24 hrs though....
    (just kidding)

That's not it, Forty Eight was an official contest entry by Carvadin. Mission 48 is a different mission altogether.

Ok, sorry, guess I didn't download that one.

That is very interesting... I cannot find this mission on any thief-related website.

But, Galaer, don't you mean Mansion 48 instead?

I think this is the related video you are talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agZ8MTsCnQA

I guess since it was a bonus FM which wasn't announced officially, nobody uploaded it anywhere. But who is the author of this mission? I cannot get the name from the video correctly...

I have actually found author's post in contest results thread, he was asking for help and also he mentioned that he doesn't want this mission to be archived anywhere. And that's why there is no file anywhere, I guess.

Anyone kind enough to share via PM?

I would be interested in a PM as well. Sounds intriguing.

Nobody who has this mission?

Curiosity got the better of me. I played the mission and now feel compelled to report on it.

There is no mission info file, but the author placed a scroll at the starting point: "This is not a real FM. This mission only exists because people asked me what I could build in DromEd. It is unfinished and unfun. It is, however, compleatable."

Mansion 48 reminds me of some of early T1/TG fan missions: a large box house placed in an open area and surrounded by tall walls, the simplest of setups for a Thief fan mission. The lighting is not finished, so there are no shadows in most rooms despite a scarcity of light sources. The brushwork is also unfinished: There are several dead ends in the mansion and half of the garden surrounding it is completely empty. Some doors on the upper floor can be bashed in, but they only reveal a solid wall. One unarmed AI has not fleepoint. A guard in the entrance hall tends to get stuck on the stairs. I found a key that has no corresponding lock.

I can tell though the author knew how to build a map: For something created in 48 hours, it is suprisingly playable. This feels like a rough first version of a mission in which the author has yet to put in more architectural details.

You have five objectives: Steal the Horn of Quintus, a golden skull, a third mystery item and a certain amount of loot, then exit by the front gate. They all work. However, all artifacts are in the same room and the loot is easy to find. Hardly a challenge.

Finished on Normal in 15 minutes with 750 of 755 loot. I suspect the last of the loot is floating somewhere in the inaccessible void.

Is this worth playing? Probably not. It is just a test mission. But it might be tempting for absolute completionists.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    But it might be tempting for absolute completionists.
    That's me. Could you share a download link? Thx

I sent you a download link via PM. I also received a request from another user whom I could not send the link to because their PM inbox was full.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    ... But it might be tempting for absolute completionists.
    Oh Hell yes that is me. I'll even blind ironman it the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Username View Post
    [The] loot is easy to find. [...] Finished on Normal in 15 minutes with 750 of 755 loot. I suspect the last of the loot is floating somewhere in the inaccessible void.
    Turns out there is a hidden piece of loot worth 5 that I missed.

Hint #1:Inside the mansion.
    Hint #2: On the top floor.
    Spoiler: A coin stuck to the wall behind a bed.