TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Heist at Hilbert's Highrise Hotel (May 9, 2020)

Touche!!!

Samantha, did you by any chance use the spectacles infinity times? That would explain why the engine thinks you’ve used them both an odd and even number of times.

But in all seriousness, I’m stumped. I double checked my setup and can’t find any way to have both equipped and unequipped spectacles, simultaneously. But again, it shouldn’t interfere with mission completion (and I’ll try to get to the bottom of it when I have the chance).

Quote Originally Posted by trefoilknot View Post
    Touche!!!

Samantha, did you by any chance use the spectacles infinity times? That would explain why the engine thinks you’ve used them both an odd and even number of times.

But in all seriousness, I’m stumped. I double checked my setup and can’t find any way to have both equipped and unequipped spectacles, simultaneously. But again, it shouldn’t interfere with mission completion (and I’ll try to get to the bottom of it when I have the chance).
    Now I feel special the unequipped glasses where in my inventory after I got it from hilberts office. The first time I used them on the temple painting I had the equipped glasses in my inventory. Both at the same time. I was in the believe that that´s how it should be. Whenever I would jump I´d have several of them in my inventory. I don´t think I´ve jumped too often either, if that´s even possible

Sooo I guess I´ll have to wait till you can tell me what is going wrong before I can continue playing? I´ll wait then I guess. Thanks for your help!

If it happened right out of the gate, the first time you used then, it sounds like an install matter. Something about S/R getting gummed up—it would explain both issues you’ve experienced (with the paintings and the talismans).

The .zip contains all of the necessary script files, so I’m not sure what the precise problem would be. But when I fired up your save, everything worked perfectly on all 3 of my machines (including clean install). As soon as I entered and exited one time, everything was back to normal and proceeded as expected.

If it happened right out of the gate, the first time you used then, it sounds like an install matter. Something about S/R getting gummed up—it would explain both issues you’ve experienced (with the paintings and the talismans).

The .zip contains all of the necessary script files, so I’m not sure what the precise problem would be. But when I fired up your save, everything worked perfectly on all 3 of my machines (including clean install). As soon as I entered and exited one time, everything was back to normal and proceeded as expected.
    I´m not 100% sure but let´s say 90% sure that it happened right after when I entered a painting the first time. I did not have any install issue though that would let me know that sth. is not working right.
    Could you send me the save where you entered and exited and everything was back to normal? I´d like to try if it´s still going to happen for me after that too.
    Do you use/Did you try it with fm selector and thief patch 1.27c? It might just be a version problem. Which would be bad for me though, cause I´d have to restart the whole thing

Absolutely, I’ll reset it all back to normal and pm you a save link. It’ll be a few days before I get to it, though.

Absolutely, I’ll reset it all back to normal and pm you a save link. It’ll be a few days before I get to it, though.
    Of course that´s no problem. Thank you!

Some of the puzzles in this mission remind me of the puzzles in Insanity's Crescendo and A Sorrowful Farewell!

I'm in the penthouse, with two wooden staircases going up. One leads to a blocked door (the west wing I presume), and the other one is locked. I can't get in there. Aside from this locked door and a locked armory, I'm pretty sure I've been everywhere else. What am I missing?

I can´t answer that, cause I´m not exactly sure which staircase you mean, but I can tell you how to get into the locked armory:

When standing in front of the door of the armory, go right past the staircase into the hallway with an open window at the end of the hallway. I think you know what to do now

If it´s still not clear: Jump out of that window to the window on the left to you (on the flower bed). That´s the room of the guards captain and he has the key to the armory.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Some of the puzzles in this mission remind me of the puzzles in Insanity's Crescendo and A Sorrowful Farewell!

I'm in the penthouse, with two wooden staircases going up. One leads to a blocked door (the west wing I presume), and the other one is locked. I can't get in there. Aside from this locked door and a locked armory, I'm pretty sure I've been everywhere else. What am I missing?
    Haplo, I’ve always been very inspired by your work! Not surprised you see some resemblance there

It sounds like you’ve yet to discover something unusual about the penthouse spiral stairs.

Bigger hint: be sure to look up!

Outright spoiler: its a double helix!

If you’ve already figured that out, then my recommendation would be to use rope arrows to go across the penthouse atrium into the upper west wing windows.
    Last edited by trefoilknot; 20th Jun 2020 at 07:46.

Stuck at end

Hi

I am stuck at the end of game. I got the black stone set the star constellation But i cannot place the 4 Talismans. What could i have missed?

thanks

You have the 4 talismans in your inventory but you cant place them on the 4 statues? Are the statues frobbable? If yes, and they just dont take the talismans then you are facing the same bug as I do. I could solve it by just randomly frobbing the statues with the talismans.

Ausjack, are you using 1.27c? The mission has only been tested up through 1.27b. I wonder if some of the issues that have arisen lately are due to compatibility issues with the most recent newdark patch.

Based on the description of the bug, it sounds like in situations with multiple reactions to a single stim, only the highest priority reaction is occurring. I’ve not yet been able to replicate it, but I haven’t updated to 1.27c to confirm compatibility. I’m not sure this is the culprit, but it’s the only thing I can think of.

Do you think the error with the unequipped and equipped sunglasses occurs cause of this aswell? If yes, if I finish the current FMs I have installed, I´ll downgrade to 1.27b and start your mission from the beginning again. Then we will see if the error still occurs. But it will take some time till I get there. I´ll give feedback then

Phew, finished with a couple of missed secrets and loot.

Man, this one goes into the "instant classic" folder. Excellent puzzles with strong "a-ha!" factor. Impressive layout, too, though I ended up wishing for a map a couple of times.
    Bring on the sequel!

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha1 View Post
    I can´t answer that, cause I´m not exactly sure which staircase you mean, but I can tell you how to get into the locked armory:

When standing in front of the door of the armory, go right past the staircase into the hallway with an open window at the end of the hallway. I think you know what to do now

If it´s still not clear: Jump out of that window to the window on the left to you (on the flower bed). That´s the room of the guards captain and he has the key to the armory.
    Thanks. I did this with other rooms at least 7-8 times, I don't know why it didn't occur to me to check the same method for this one...

Haplo, I’ve always been very inspired by your work! Not surprised you see some resemblance there

It sounds like you’ve yet to discover something unusual about the penthouse spiral stairs.

Bigger hint: be sure to look up!

Outright spoiler: its a double helix!

If you’ve already figured that out, then my recommendation would be to use rope arrows to go across the penthouse atrium into the upper west wing windows.
    This is flattering, I'm glad you enjoyed my missions!

By the way, I'm a big fan of Hilbert too. That Poincare letter gave me a good chuckle.
    In particular I really like his "Ignorabimus" speech (and what Gödel and Gentzen did afterwards), and his 23 problems. Given my passion for number theory and prime numbers, it is not surprising that the 8th problem is my favourite. In the folly of my youth I actually had a go a Goldbach Conjecture. I'm sure you can guess how it went. I'm still hoping for a Goldbach reference in your mission!

And thanks for the hint, I'll try it later today.

Edit: Thanks to the hint I got further, and lo and behold! The 23 problems are right there on the wall!

Too bad I can't play the mission with fog, fog never worked under WINE.
    Last edited by Haplo; 21st Jun 2020 at 03:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha1 View Post
    Do you think the error with the unequipped and equipped sunglasses occurs cause of this aswell? If yes, if I finish the current FMs I have installed, I´ll downgrade to 1.27b and start your mission from the beginning again. Then we will see if the error still occurs. But it will take some time till I get there. I´ll give feedback then
    I would guess the same issue causes both problems. Both problems are related to S/R not functioning properly—in situations with multiple receptrons, only the first one seems to work for a handful of players. Whether it’s a 1.27c issue or not is pure speculation on my part.

That’d be great if you’re willing to test for me whether the issue goes away on 1.26 or 1.27b. You wouldn’t need to start from scratch—just port over your save file, and see what happens after entering and exiting a painting a few times. You can PM me with your findings, but no rush

Quote Originally Posted by Pemptus View Post
    Phew, finished with a couple of missed secrets and loot.

Man, this one goes into the "instant classic" folder. Excellent puzzles with strong "a-ha!" factor. Impressive layout, too, though I ended up wishing for a map a couple of times.
    Bring on the sequel!
    Wow, thanks so much! “Instant classic” is a high bar indeed! The sequel is coming but is still a long ways off...

I am at a loss on how to get talismans , I can go in and out of pictures, I know where the talisman room is... but the talisman themselves elude me, a hint please?

They’re at the base of the muse statue, in front of the hotel (not in the paintings).

But you need to align the stone dials correctly first.

They’re at the base of the muse statue, in front of the hotel (not in the paintings).

But you need to align the stone dials correctly first.
    ah

Quote Originally Posted by vincentlancon View Post
    ah
    What am I missing all that came up was an empty pedestal.... I am lost

What did you come to the hotel for, originally?

You need to place the Aleph Stone on the pedestal.

What did you come to the hotel for, originally?

You need to place the Aleph Stone on the pedestal.
    That's what I thought all this lead me to get... I don't have that.

Where is the Aleph stone?

Check the readables in Hilbert’s Office and next to Brouwer’s body (probably in your inventory already)

The Aleph Stone is in the blocked off upper west wing, but you’ll need to figure out a way to get there (use rope arrows in the penthouse atrium to go in through the windows) and you’ll need to find a way out with the stone Browuer’s painting will help.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast