TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: T2 FM: Heist at Hilbert's Highrise Hotel (May 9, 2020)

I got it , I thought the barriers where just a hindrance to make you use the other stairs.... If I had a map I would have been more obvious. Thanks.

Good news: With 1.27b the bug with the unequipped and equipped glasses at the same time isnt there anymore. Ive only jumped twice so far though, cause Im heading to bed now
    Tomorrow Ill try out more jumps and the bug with the talismans. But Im 99% sure the bug occurs because of the patch

Ive notived another difference that I didnt have with the 1.27c patch: The door to the staff area which has to be opened by holding down the button, always closes again with the 1.27b patch. Ive to open it everytime I want to go through it. With the 1.27c patch the door just stayed open all the time.

And with replaying I remembered sth. funny which I forgot the first time playing it: The woman in the bar has a mans voice. Is this on purpose or was this a synchronisation mistake? It sure does sound funny though

Thanks for confirming my suspicions- this is very helpful to know! I’ll post on the Tfix update thread to see why 1.27c causes these issues.

Okay, I can confirm that all of the bugs I had were because of the 1.27c patch. Putting the talismans on the statues worked bugless aswell with the 1.27b patch.

Im almost finished and Ive managed to do all the objectives including 3 bonus objectives. But theres still one thing I have no idea what to do with: there are 5 podests with badges with a text on them. I found all 5 of the platonic crystals (one was behind one of the podests). I also have a scroll with 5 numbers on it. Im assuming it has to do sth. with it? Could you give me a hint and a spoiler please?

I reeeally enjoyed this mission. Was very great, especially the mansion itself. The architecture and quality is awesome. And I love how you only put a few creepy elements in it without any haunts or zombies. Most fm tend to do it, which I dislike alot so I gotta say: thank you very much for this masterpiece of an fm!

Edit: Nevermind! 5 minutes after posting I remembered the coloury thing in the office
    Last edited by Samantha1; 23rd Jun 2020 at 14:03.

I do need help now after all: I solved the colour puzzle and got a red key. What is this key for? At first I thought itd be for the round door I still cant get open but its not.
    Another question: How can I open this door? its the one on top of the stairs which is on top of the ledder that leads to the elevator control room. And a 3. question: The billiard cues next to the billiard table highlight. Is there sth. to do with them?

I’m so glad you enjoyed it, and thank for providing your feedback regarding the 1.27c patch incompatibilities. I’ll work on getting to the bottom of it. Would it be alright if I ask for your help again on this?

Regarding the key in the curator’s office, that will open up the hammerite exhibit cases in the gallery.

Regarding the rounded door, you’ll need to get in through the window. The best way in is to mantle up the muse statue in the entry courtyard, and hop from her head to the rooftop. You can’t climb her from the ground, but it can be done from the middle window between the entry stairway and the muse courtyard.

Quote Originally Posted by trefoilknot View Post
    Im so glad you enjoyed it, and thank for providing your feedback regarding the 1.27c patch incompatibilities. Ill work on getting to the bottom of it. Would it be alright if I ask for your help again on this?

Regarding the key in the curators office, that will open up the hammerite exhibit cases in the gallery.

Regarding the rounded door, youll need to get in through the window. The best way in is to mantle up the muse statue in the entry courtyard, and hop from her head to the rooftop. You cant climb her from the ground, but it can be done from the middle window between the entry stairway and the muse courtyard.
    Of course, no problem! Im glad I could be of some help
    My gawd! I completely forgot about the hammerite stuff! Time to steal some more Ah I see! Thank you! And the billiard cue that highlights? Is there sth. to do with it like with the billiard table?

CRASH ISSUE

The game is crashing on me at a specific place.

I open either of the West Wing gates, step through, turn to the left, and CRASH. (The whole screen goes completely black, then I get the "Not Responding" box.

A message appears at the top of the screen just before the crash (too fleeting to read),
    and I hear a voice just beginning to speak.

So, I suspect there is a problem with a sound file loading.

I am running version 1.25 on Windows XP. I tried it with sound hardware acceleration on and off and channels at 16 and 48, but it crashes either way.

It's a shame because I'd really like to play on.

Could you upload a save from right before the crash? Then I can identify if it’s related to your setup, versus something going haywire in-game.

I'm on XP/1.27 and had a similar problem when I took the Aleph Stone. The game froze and the sound stuttered for a moment and then resumed with "Transferred" and the game crashed to desktop. Windows event log showed a .NET 4.0 runtime error in nvscript.osm. I put an older version of nvscript in the FM folder and that fixed it for me.

It’s certainly possible that the mission does not run, as packaged, on XP. I dont believe any of my testers used XP. Hopefully using the older version of NVscript won’t cause any other dependency issues.

Thanks!!!

Could you upload a save from right before the crash? Then I can identify if its related to your setup, versus something going haywire in-game.
    I saw m_h's reply dealing with his issue and tried the same thing: using an earlier version of nvscript.

It seems to have worked.

Thank you for your prompt attention.

And thank you, m_h, for your solution.

If anything else comes up, I'll be back here. (Now to figure the mission itself out. . .That's a horse of a different color.)

Glad it worked, and best of luck!

Started this mission few days ago and absolutely love the atmosphere while slowly exploring through one section to another, while I am about to finish this mission very soon, what is the most commonly missed loot in value of 50?

What I have already grabbed that were not in plain sight:
    4 coins from the Wishing pond.
    Ring from the Infinity pool.
    Three golden vases from top of a shelf close to starting area.
    Golden candlestick from behind a cupboard in the corner, close to the large dining hall room.
    3 lucky coins from near a statue in the Staff Only area, statue watching over a drop off which leads to the restaurants storage room.
    Think it was 3 golden wine bottles from the said restaurants storage room.
    4 golden wine bottles from behind the counter of the main room of restaurant.
    Stack of coins and one not visible coin or item of value from behind guards bed in their resting quarters.
    Stack of coins from behind Kevel's bed in his work room near the starting area.
    Loot from returning back the 8-ball.
    Found all 7 secrets out of 7 already.
    Unlocked 4 bonus objectives, are there any more?
    Worth mentioning, I have found 2 purses sitting inside these small wooden pedestals from two different locations which I cant describe from where it was, but these were in plain sight.

I am so eager to continue to explore perhaps will typically find something I missed from plain sight, sitting at 10220 loot found out of 10270 and never had this much fun searching for the missing loot, something about this level I find just so appealing to explore.
    Last edited by Ghostly; 2nd Jul 2020 at 11:26. Reason: spell checking

So happy to hear that, and you're doing a terrific job cleaning the place out! Perhaps the last thing you're missing is a vase which fell behind the one of the couches in the upper west wing (red wallpaper room)?

So happy to hear that, and you're doing a terrific job cleaning the place out! Perhaps the last thing you're missing is a vase which fell behind the one of the couches in the upper west wing (red wallpaper room)?
    Oh yes, that was the missing loot wow great job on hiding them all but thank you for that nudge.

FYI, the bugs associated with TFix1.27c now have a solution. See the original post for details.

Happy taffing everyone!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011